Search found 2997 matches

by scout1
Fri Jul 24, 2026 8:37 pm
Forum: WarPlan
Topic: IMPORTANT CHANGES
Replies: 5
Views: 2632

Re: IMPORTANT CHANGES


Upcoming Transition: WarPlan and WarPlan Pacific

Hello everyone,

I am writing to share some important news regarding the future of the WarPlan series.
As of July 1st 2026, the publishing agreement with Slitherine will conclude. At that time, I will be taking over full control of the games as an ...
by scout1
Mon Jul 06, 2026 1:11 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Convoy Raiding vs Unrestricted Naval Warfare
Replies: 2
Views: 964

Re: Convoy Raiding vs Unrestricted Naval Warfare

Thank you for sharing the details ......
by scout1
Sat Jul 04, 2026 6:57 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Still Coming up to Speed on this excellent title
Replies: 9
Views: 1288

Re: Still Coming up to Speed on this excellent title


I think you had it backwards. To affect British and German NM, a German naval unit (of any kind) can be adjacent or on top of one the NM hexes. To reduce British port suply, it has to be on top of the hex.

I should note that the supply effects are calculated by zone. All of the NM hexes are in ...
by scout1
Fri Jul 03, 2026 2:53 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Still Coming up to Speed on this excellent title
Replies: 9
Views: 1288

Re: Still Coming up to Speed on this excellent title


Hi scout1 - to answer your questions above:

1) any naval unit from either side on one of the Entente blockade hexes will trigger the NM penalty for Germany. This includes naval mines. No loss of supply.

2) it makes no difference is a sub is in silent or hunt mode in terms of triggering ...
by scout1
Thu Jul 02, 2026 4:05 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Still Coming up to Speed on this excellent title
Replies: 9
Views: 1288

Re: Still Coming up to Speed on this excellent title

Thanks for the insight ... I had previously only skimmed the Strategy Guide ....

It clearly answered my question regarding the blocking NM pts by hex, 10 NM for the Distant one and 20 NM for the Northern one ..... Does it matter at all whether the naval unit is a surface vessel or pigboat ? I haven ...
by scout1
Tue Jun 30, 2026 7:03 pm
Forum: Flashpoint Campaigns: Cold War
Topic: Newbie with a question pbem++
Replies: 1
Views: 583

Newbie with a question pbem++

Don't have this title or any in the series.

I understand the concept of WEGO approaches but am curious as to how the game logistics word for a 2 player game (presumably using pbem++). As I understand it glancing thru the manual/game overview, each side has the ability to modify turn orders during ...
by scout1
Mon Jun 29, 2026 6:29 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Artillery Not Making Defensive-Fire Properly since upgrade!!
Replies: 13
Views: 3257

Re: Artillery Not Making Defensive-Fire Properly since upgrade!!

Not sure if the artillery issue is still a concern, but noticed during replays I've seen a few occurrences where my artillery opted not to provide defensive fire .... Was in range, had shells ..... no support

Thought it must be due to the artillery commander owing a lot of money to the ground force ...
by scout1
Mon Jun 29, 2026 6:23 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Still Coming up to Speed on this excellent title
Replies: 9
Views: 1288

Still Coming up to Speed on this excellent title

Got a few questions on several topics that aren't clear to me yet ......

A/H pretty much spend the entire game (my experience) hungry which I'm assuming hits NM continuously ....
Is there a means to overcome this ?

Is there any means to track NM loss per turn to the Germans due to the Allied ...
by scout1
Sun Jun 21, 2026 7:49 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: NM Question relative to capturing/losing a city
Replies: 2
Views: 846

NM Question relative to capturing/losing a city

Not clear how this works ....

So an example from northern france

- germans take Reims, helps german NM ?, hurts french NM ?
- British retake Reims, hurts german NM, helps who ? britsh or french NM ?
- Germans re-take Reims, helps german NM ?, hurts who ? The brits who retook it of french NM ?
by scout1
Sat Jun 20, 2026 7:07 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Enemy inheriting entrenchment benefits question
Replies: 1
Views: 851

Enemy inheriting entrenchment benefits question

I may be mistaken, but have seen several cases where an attacker eliminates an entrenched defender, move a unit in to capture the hex and immediately gains some entrenchment benefits. My question/issue is the entrenchment within the newly captured hex is it still is facing from the attackers ...
by scout1
Tue May 26, 2026 8:19 pm
Forum: War Room
Topic: Upgraded Artillery too strong ?
Replies: 1
Views: 800

Upgraded Artillery too strong ?

Once the artillery is upgraded, is it too strong ?

Seems like a guaranteed kill of an opposing infantry corp after being pounded to zero entrenchment followed by 4 or so ground attacks following ..... considering 3+ artillery units, the loss of 3 opposing corp over one turn (2 wk time period) seems ...
by scout1
Tue May 26, 2026 8:13 pm
Forum: War Room
Topic: movement of carrier aircraft quesiton
Replies: 2
Views: 390

Re: movement of carrier aircraft quesiton

Thanks .....
by scout1
Mon May 25, 2026 6:10 pm
Forum: War Room
Topic: movement of carrier aircraft quesiton
Replies: 2
Views: 390

movement of carrier aircraft quesiton

With a CVL, how do I distinguish between forcing the CVL to move vs an aircraft move/recon ....

There are time I'd like to park the CVL at a given location and merely used the aircraft to recon ... but if the recon is a water hex, the CVL assumes I want it to move instead .....
by scout1
Mon Apr 20, 2026 5:14 pm
Forum: War Room
Topic: how significant is national morale in land combat
Replies: 1
Views: 646

how significant is national morale in land combat

Just how much of an impact does the difference in national morale between attacker/defender have on combat results ?
Everything else being ~equal...

The battles by 1916 become more and more one sided when I'm playing the CP against me
by scout1
Mon Jan 19, 2026 10:47 pm
Forum: War Room
Topic: Bulgaria enters the CP, Now what ?
Replies: 1
Views: 1086

Bulgaria enters the CP, Now what ?

After Serbia falls, Bulgaria becomes a CP player .....

What to do with them ?
- Attack Greece ?
- Attack Romania ?
- help defend AH ?

Other ?
by scout1
Sun Nov 30, 2025 12:46 am
Forum: Opponents Wanted
Topic: Not a good two player game ?
Replies: 3
Views: 1563

Not a good two player game ?

No offers for a multiplayer game ???

Does this game not suit human vs human ?
by scout1
Sun Nov 23, 2025 5:26 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Games w/active Oponnents Wanted traffic
Replies: 0
Views: 898

Games w/active Oponnents Wanted traffic

Nosing around several of the games in the forum (targeting those which have 2 or more plyer options), was surprised how many seem to have a lack of activity in the Opponents Wanted section .....

Not sure if most/part of this is most gamers

- prefer to only play single player ?
- looking for ...
by scout1
Sun Nov 09, 2025 10:54 pm
Forum: Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix
Topic: cant buy game AGAIN
Replies: 0
Views: 697

cant buy game AGAIN

can't access ur help AGAIN .... 2nd time this yr .... come on guys
by scout1
Sun Nov 09, 2025 5:36 pm
Forum: WEGO Series
Topic: Ground scales and PDF Manual
Replies: 7
Views: 2427

Re: Ground scales and PDF Manual

scout1 wrote: Sun Oct 19, 2025 2:58 pm A peek at the manual for Overlord would be helpful
Manual was added to the Store, but they added Staligrad manual, not one for Normandy
by scout1
Fri Nov 07, 2025 10:42 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: TRP - World at War Released v0.8.23
Replies: 600
Views: 124661

Re: TRP - World at War Released v0.8.20c


New version of TRP World has been released as a BETA, you will need to join Discord to download it


Long time (meaning old gamer) ..... Whats the draw as to discord ? ... Frankly I've steered clear of anything discord ....


########################
# TRP 0.8.21 World BETA ...

Go to advanced search