Help : UV Strategy Guide / FAQ

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Post Reply
User avatar
Spooky
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 2:16 am
Location: Froggy Land
Contact:

Help : UV Strategy Guide / FAQ

Post by Spooky »

Hello

In order to help the UV newbies ... or even not the newbies :D, I think it would be interesting to create some kind of UV strategy guide/FAQ.

However, it could only exist if we can merge all the tips & tricks of the most experienced players of the UV Community.

So if experienced UV players like Dgaad, Mogami, U2, Sonny, Brisd, Sabre21, Didz ... and all the others could share their tactics & strategy (or at least some of them ;)) in this thread - we could begin a very useful doc.

Some of the aspects would be :
- ASW strategy
- Sub strategy
- Mining strategy (Dgaad ?)
- Japanese strategy in May 42
- US Strategy in May 42
- What are the factors for a successful invasion
- ...

And of course all the UV tips & tricks

Thanks for your help

Spooky
User avatar
von Murrin
Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:00 am
Location: That from which there is no escape.

Post by von Murrin »

Give me about a week or so and I'll see what I can come up with.
I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!
Rob Roberson
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 8:46 am

:)

Post by Rob Roberson »

1. Great idea! Not sure what I can help with but let me know.

Rob
1089
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Wait for 1.20

Post by 1089 »

Perhaps it would be best to wait for 1.20, since it may make a big difference on strategy.

kp
The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:
User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

Post by U2 »

Hi

Show me the money!!!!!!!:D :) :p

I'll do my best in trying to write down some advices and contact you later.

Dan
User avatar
Spooky
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 2:16 am
Location: Froggy Land
Contact:

Post by Spooky »

Sorry U2 - No money yet :D

I have already written the very first version (posted on the site) with some Erik's posts about ASW, Tokyo Express, ...

So for the beginning, I think a FAQ would be easier to write .. and then after a so-called "strategy guide"

So if you have some Q/A ... I am looking for them !!!

Spooky
Rob Roberson
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 8:46 am

Post by Rob Roberson »

You know what might be easier....if you posted questions here..simply things like how does land supply work...had the membership answer said question and then compile the answers to one neat form.

Just a thought...one person needs to do the compiling and instint newbie guide.

Rob
User avatar
Spooky
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 2:16 am
Location: Froggy Land
Contact:

Post by Spooky »

Good idea :)

BTW, "how does land supply work" would be a great addition to this FAQ ?

Do you want to write the answer :D

Spooky
Rob Roberson
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 8:46 am

HA

Post by Rob Roberson »

Thats still something I dont quite have down..
Robert Roberson
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:51 am

House rules

Post by Robert Roberson »

I think various people should send you their various house rules when playing the AI or in PBEMS.

A couple of mine...

NO mines warfare versus the AI. I have never seen it use it yet (in either of my AI games) and despite the new mine rules I can really unbalance the game versus the computer using them.

versus humans...

the standard no heavy allied bombers below 5000 feet...


Just a couple to kick this off.
1089
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Robersons love UV!

Post by 1089 »

Well, there seems to be some connection between people named Robert Roberson and a passion for UV! Are you guys related?

kp
The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:
Rob Roberson
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 8:46 am

haha

Post by Rob Roberson »

nah for some reason I am unable to sign in at work so I created a new me for that computer.

Rob
1089
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Ah! I thought that might be it.

Post by 1089 »

Well, if you don't tell anyone else, you could go over to the B-17 thread and get into a heated and prolonged argument with yourself about the efficacy of the zero vs. the p40...

:)
kp
The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:
IChristie
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by IChristie »

That would be really, really, doubly redundant
Iain Christie
-----------------
"If patience is a virtue then persistence is it's part.
It's better to light a candle than stand and curse the dark"

- James Keelaghan
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”