Shocked At Hostile Bias

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Researcher
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Researcher »

I am a new member of this forum.
Recently there was a discussion regarding archaeology, namely the fact that the Soviets didn't bury their dead on numerous USSR battlefields until 46 years after the war. Its an important subject that some few people do not want to investigate, or so it appears.

I was discussing how quikmaneuvers.com is the only publisher fearless enough to look into that mystery, when I was attacked by people who violently voiced negative opinons rather than offering any evidence.

Those few people shut down the discussion and my effort to learn more was suppressed.
I suppose that they there are some very bigoted leftists on this forum who refuse to allow freedom of speech or thought. Some member even used an emoticon to puke on quikmaneuvers.com.

After that treatment I realized that some type of Marxist political correctness has infiltrated this forum and the country. They are modern day book burners and enemies of research and discussion if it wanders into an area of deceit that they want to protect. So I joined the local 2nd American Revolution, the tea party, the very next day.

I will work hard to prevent bigots from violently closing down discussions with simple gestapo-like methods. or should I say Chekist, NKVD, or KGB?


Such members reflect badly on Matrix games.

By the way. On what forum was that discussion. I cannot find it? My requests for the forum on which that topic was discussed, have not been answered.

What is going on here?
I read a lot and translate some German and Russian documents. My degrees are in history and I enjoy war games.
Missouri Rebel
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:46 pm

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Missouri Rebel »

Not sure what you are speaking of but, I can assure you that not everyone here is a 'leftist'. [;)]

Does that mean that there are no commies here? No. Seeing that this forum represents people from all over the world, there is no doubt that the makeup here includes every stripe. I actually prefer that there is a 'left' that actively posts here. It helps reinforce this 'Rightwingers' opinion and at times enlightens me as to the err in my rationale.

Only a fool thinks he is correct on every issue.

So, dig up the thread and lets take a look at what you are speaking of before we  jump to conclusions about this forum being censored, something I think you are wrong about. BTW, freedom of speech doesn't mean a thing when you are a guest in someones home. This here home is owned by Matrix games and as such I will try not to upset my host.

mo reb

EDIT: Typooos
We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN
User avatar
Jeffrey H.
Posts: 3154
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca.

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Jeffrey H. »

I think this is a gaming forum first and foremost. Historical games in particular. But historical topics often turn into political ones and that's where the forum mods draw the line. Sometimes they allow subjects to cross the line, if the discussion remains civil but generally they don't want us at each others throats over anything.
 
This forum exists to foster positive community with the gamin genre that Matrix represents, IHMO. Purely political stuff without gaming context will almost certainly get locked, sooner or later.
 
That's my interpretation.
 
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
User avatar
Randomizer
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:31 pm

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Randomizer »

I think that what's going on here is that this is a gaming forum where politically sensitive discussion is rightly discouraged (read forbidden).  Overall, Moderation here is both fair and effective and dogma-spouting trolls of any political stripe will probably find themselves unwelcome.
 
This is a nice place to come and get away from those absolutely irrelevant but contraversial topics that come to dominate some forums and I'm all for keeping it as is.
 
Welcome aboard, I doubt you will find any gestapo around here unless you bring them with you.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Researcher, you don't have "freedom of speech" here.

Get that through your head; if Matrix says that they don't want a certain type of subject broached on this forum, then you can't broach it.

Don't like it? Too damn bad; their house, their rules.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Perturabo
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:32 pm
Contact:

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Perturabo »

Am I wrong or is this person doing viral marketing for a site that sells ebooks?
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Probably...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Missouri Rebel
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:46 pm

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Missouri Rebel »

That thought came across my mind also. I have yet to look at his site until I see a reply from him including the post in question. I refuse to be of party to someones unscrupulous marketing practices, if indeed that is what this is.

mo reb


EDIT: Just noticed his post count. Surely it wasnt much of a discussion then.
A trickster it would seem.
We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN
User avatar
m10bob
Posts: 8583
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:09 pm
Location: Dismal Seepage Indiana

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by m10bob »

If someone only joined us on 031509, how would they know "leftist" anything is creeping into this forum?..From when, 031509 ?.....Must question the motives here.............


Gadzooks...I thought I had seen every name in the forums.....

Image
Attachments
MajorHoople.jpg
MajorHoople.jpg (39.3 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Image

User avatar
Hertston
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:45 pm
Location: Cornwall, UK

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Researcher
On what forum was that discussion. I cannot find it? My requests for the forum on which that topic was discussed, have not been answered.

What is going on here?


I hope you don't 'research' for a living. It took me all of two mouse clicks to find it, the first of which was on your own name! [8|]

the thread in question

It got locked for the same reason that a lot of threads get locked here.. and rightly so. The politics, not to mention a large chunk of the paranoia, got out-sourced to Mad Cow's Steakhouse years ago. You would be right at home there, I think. Or it's successor anyway [:'(]


sullafelix
Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:17 am

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by sullafelix »

Well I'll be damned. I never knew I was a card carrying marxist.
 
Now for something completely different.
 
1. As has been pointed out this is a gaming forum.
 
2. Very rarely does history get discussed here. It does lead to some problems at times. Also forums are not the best avenue for an open minded discussion. The internet does not lead to a healthy exchange of ideas it only turns into a virtual shouting match between posters. This is IMHO only others might have a different take.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
User avatar
PunkReaper
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:27 pm
Location: England

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by PunkReaper »

OH NO IT DOESN'T ! [:)]
Missouri Rebel
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:46 pm

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Missouri Rebel »

YES IT DOES!!!! Grrrrrr!.!?

btw....what are we arguing about again...ah never mind. That isnt important.
We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN
User avatar
BAL
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:03 pm
Location: West of the Missouri

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by BAL »

ORIGINAL: Missouri Rebel

YES IT DOES!!!! Grrrrrr!.!?

btw....what are we arguing about again...ah never mind. That isnt important.


I'm shocked that you don't think this is very important...whatever it is. [&:]
I'll try being nicer if you try being less stupid. - anon
User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by KG Erwin »

Clever way for him to spam, by bringing up a locked thread, which, BTW, I started. It's tough to talk about wargames without bringing up the history behind them, but I'm visiting Matrix' house, so their rules must be followed.

I visited the site, and I didn't see anything particularly controversial about it. Nevertheless, the original post was a thinly-veiled spam, so I'd suggest that this thread be closed. Erik?
Image
User avatar
06 Maestro
Posts: 3997
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:50 pm
Location: Nevada, USA

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by 06 Maestro »

ORIGINAL: Researcher
I am a new member of this forum.
Welcome-do you play military type games?
ORIGINAL:
I was discussing how quikmaneuvers.com is the only publisher fearless enough to look into that mystery, when I was attacked by people who violently voiced negative opinons rather than offering any evidence.

Violently attacked?? Come on now; lighten up.

ORIGINAL:
After that treatment I realized that some type of Marxist political correctness has infiltrated this forum and the country. They are modern day book burners and enemies of research and discussion if it wanders into an area of deceit that they want to protect. So I joined the local 2nd American Revolution, the tea party, the very next day.

You you made all those discoveries and came to such profound conclusions from one thread at Matrix Games?? And the new information was so great that you joined some demonstration groups?
Clearly; Matrix Games OT forums has some amazing power to influence.
I can certainly understand your enthusiasm in sharing your important decisions in your second post here as your 1st post had such a profound impact on your life.
ORIGINAL:
I will work hard to prevent bigots from violently closing down discussions with simple gestapo-like methods. or should I say Chekist, NKVD, or KGB?

The owners of this establishment have some rules-if you break those, your threads will be locked and you may be 86ed. If you do not want to have that happen to yourself you should stop making associations of not very well liked groups with members/proprietors of
this site. It looks rather odd to make comparisons as those you chose-assuming one knows something of those mentioned organizations.
ORIGINAL:
Such members reflect badly on Matrix games.

Why?
ORIGINAL:
By the way. On what forum was that discussion. I cannot find it? My requests for the forum on which that topic was discussed, have not been answered.

It is in this forum. If you seek, you shall find. Click on your name and check all your posts (it'll be the one just before your last post. Believe it or not, the staff here actually have a job to do. Part of that job is answering various inquiries about individual problems-they are actually quite helpful when there is an actual problem.
ORIGINAL:
What is going on here?

This is a gaming forum with rules that endeavor and to keep it clean and enjoyable for youngsters and old folks alike. The choice was made by the owners of this site that they do not want politics (national/international) discussed here. There are good locations for that activity. You are barking up the wrong tree.[:-]
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

Hartford688
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Hartford688 »

He's funny. Posted once then bleats about hostile response. Which was...one whole reply, everyone else ignored him.

But if you are peddling a commercial website, I guess you need to make a drama...any publicity is good publicity.

I made the mistake of looking in the link...creepy nutfest bookshop. Loon history.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Better make sure you didn't pick up something nasty on your computer whilst there.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Hartford688
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Hartford688 »

Terminus...good point. Thanks - I ran Norton and it picked up the following trojans:

TinFoilHat.exe and NaziApologist.exe. Fortunately I ran my Reality program and that fixed it.
User avatar
Perturabo
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:32 pm
Contact:

RE: Shocked At Hostile Bias

Post by Perturabo »

It's a simple trick - he posts an outraged post to attract people's curiosity about what "leftist" don't want them to know and then tries to sell sensational books through the website. Of course all these books contain sensational and unknown knowledge that "leftists" don't want anyone to know and anyone who isn't markxist must read.

An interesting way to make money.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”