Name the aircraft, weapon, date and location and air force. Enjoy

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
Post by Fallschirmjager »


Post by ilovestrategy »

Post by Fallschirmjager »
ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy
All those bombs cannot be for that one plane can it? [X(]
ORIGINAL: Shark7
Vultee Vengeance IV, 500 lbs GP Bombs, New Guinea, August 1943. I'm guessing this is a member of No. 24 Sqn RAAF, where they flew missions in Support of the Australian Army and USMC until March of 1944.
Image copyright: Copyright expired - public domain
ID number: OG0696
Photographer: Harrison, John Thomas
Object type: Black & white
Physical description: Black & white
Collection: Photograph
Description: NADZAB, NEW GUINEA. C. 1944-02. BARE TO THE WAIST, ARMOURERS FROM NO. 24 (VULTEE VENGEANCE) SQUADRON RAAF, ROLLING OUT 500LB BOMBS FROM A JUNGLE DUMP, PREPARATORY TO LOADING THEM ON AIRCRAFT.
Permalink: http://cas.awm.gov.au/item/OG0696

Post by SargeantTex »
ORIGINAL: Dixie
I'd say that the roundel is the wrong proportion and colour to be RAAF. Although it's sometime difficult to tell it looks far more like the inner circle is light blue, so I'd say it was either an RAF or Indian squadron. From there, a little research leads me to 7 Sqn IAF Vengeance in during the battle of Kohima.
ORIGINAL: redcoat
ORIGINAL: Dixie
I'd say that the roundel is the wrong proportion and colour to be RAAF. Although it's sometime difficult to tell it looks far more like the inner circle is light blue, so I'd say it was either an RAF or Indian squadron. From there, a little research leads me to 7 Sqn IAF Vengeance in during the battle of Kohima.
This photo would have taken me a while. It shows Sgt Das Gupta and Aircraft Enshain with a trailer load of cookies for the Japanese besieging Kohima:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Histo ... Burma.html


Post by Fallschirmjager »
ORIGINAL: Dixie
I'd say that the roundel is the wrong proportion and colour to be RAAF. Although it's sometime difficult to tell it looks far more like the inner circle is light blue, so I'd say it was either an RAF or Indian squadron. From there, a little research leads me to 7 Sqn IAF Vengeance in during the battle of Kohima.
Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”






