Has the game gotten any better?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
cmdrnarrain
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Has the game gotten any better?

Post by cmdrnarrain »

Seriously, has the game actually improved or is it still pretty fundementally flawed e.g. ships not doing what they were suppose, AI incapable of attacking or defending, refueling, ton of bugs, etc?
"Good, evil... I'm the guy with the World Destroyer"
Bingeling
Posts: 5186
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:42 am

RE: Has the game gotten any better?

Post by Bingeling »

Was it ever bad?
User avatar
ASHBERY76
Posts: 2080
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:00 am
Location: England

RE: Has the game gotten any better?

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Not for three years.
User avatar
Plant
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 am

RE: Has the game gotten any better?

Post by Plant »

Corporate Nationalism.
User avatar
scotten_usa
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:52 pm

RE: Has the game gotten any better?

Post by scotten_usa »

"Good, evil... I'm the guy with the World Destroyer"


Nice!

Yes, especially with the expansions. I wish I knew how many hours I spent on this time sink.
User avatar
MartialDoctor
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:01 am

RE: Has the game gotten any better?

Post by MartialDoctor »

ORIGINAL: cmdrnarrain

Seriously, has the game actually improved or is it still pretty fundementally flawed e.g. ships not doing what they were suppose, AI incapable of attacking or defending, refueling, ton of bugs, etc?

We will see once the expansion comes out.
User avatar
Ralzakark
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 pm

RE: Has the game gotten any better?

Post by Ralzakark »

No fundamental problems that I have noticed recently, playing with the current expansions.

If a bug-free game is what you are after you should probably avoid Shadows until players have had a chance to comment on it, but I imagine feedback on the forums here will rapidly expose any fundamental problems.
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus
TanC
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:51 am

RE: Has the game gotten any better?

Post by TanC »

I have not played the original DW but as a first-time player who bought the entire set after rave reviews and have recently gotten into the game: I have no issues whatsoever. Sure, things might be tedious to get to but once you learn the ropes, the game is very enjoyable. [:)]
Post Reply

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”