An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Here is the Japanese naval moves. I realized that I made a mistake in setup. I should have place cruisers to carry the engineers and artillery in this move. Oh well, live and learn.

If anyone is wondering how I am getting these "high tech[8|]" graphics into the post, let me know. Its not that hard and takes very little time to do.

Image
Attachments
JNM.jpg
JNM.jpg (139.95 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Italy moves a mech into Libya.

Image
Attachments
INM.jpg
INM.jpg (37.4 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Eastern Med.

Image
Attachments
EM.jpg
EM.jpg (347.12 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

It is now the Japanese strategic boming phase. I will probably make one maybe more attacks.

However, while pondering where to make the attack, I needed to figure out which units I wanted to save to make ground strikes. Since there are several planes that have only one tactical factor, I was wondering if that 1 factor would be halved on a mountain hex. I believe that its not. If it was however, I am assuming that since 1/2 or .5 rounds to 1, that if there was only one 1 tac factor attacking a wooded hex that would still be 1 added.

If there were two 1 tac factor units attacking the wooded hex that would be either 1+1 if each plane figured post rounding, or .5+.5 =1, which is what makes sense to me. I don't know the answer to this. I just wanted to throw this in there to show how much I don't know, which is a lot. Ask my wife.
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

I have a long range bomber that I can dedicate to a strat. bombing mission, however, I have eigth total tac factors for ground support. The 3 tac bomber would be nice to have for a ground strike. There is also a 2 strength art unit that can be brought up for a ground strike also. As I see it there are three options.

1 LR strat bomber 1 pt
3 tac and 2 str art ground strikes (two strikes)
2 2 tac bombers for support total of 4 tac

or


2 str art ground strike (Hope that it is successful)
8 tac points ground support

or

2 pts art ground strike
3 tac plus two 2 tac ground (3) strikes (best chance for disruption) 4 strikes counting the art unit.
1 LR bomber for strat or ground support

My initial choice was to use the first option, but after actually writing this out and giving it a second look, the third option looks best. Hope that the weather cooperates to get the forces in place before the end of the turn.


Image
Attachments
JSAP.jpg
JSAP.jpg (287.98 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

I'm impressed, 1 point lost! Impressed because I have no idea how damage is determined or calculated. Time to read the manual some more.

Image
Attachments
JSB.jpg
JSB.jpg (351.21 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

German ground strikes. I miss my 5 tac Stukas.

Image
Attachments
GPGS.jpg
GPGS.jpg (274.71 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

One unit is better than none.

Image
Attachments
GS1.jpg
GS1.jpg (344.89 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Oh well, the next one is the one that counts the most.

Image
Attachments
GS2.jpg
GS2.jpg (327.92 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Mediocre luck again. But, if the HQ reorganizes the inf units, it is still leaving one unorganized unit in Warsaw, but it would give Lodz a better chance of dealing more damage to the Germans.

Image
Attachments
GS3.jpg
GS3.jpg (358.01 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Only three move for Japan with combined. Two HQs to get the frontline back in supply, and the slower stronger of the attack groups.

Image
Attachments
JM.jpg
JM.jpg (426.9 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

These are the planned ground moves for the Campaign. But before that can happen, I have other things to do, and hope to get an hour or two in later on.

Image
Attachments
GPlan.jpg
GPlan.jpg (278.37 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Moves and attacks.


Image
Attachments
GA1.jpg
GA1.jpg (208.15 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Results of southern attack.


Image
Attachments
GAR1.jpg
GAR1.jpg (304.07 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Attack on Poznan


Image
Attachments
GAR2.jpg
GAR2.jpg (311.36 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Will reorg the two 4 tac bombers for the next impulse, and possibly take Warsaw. Or, play it safe and take it on the one after.

Image
Attachments
GFP1.jpg
GFP1.jpg (214.44 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

I learned another lesson here. Pay attention to where the air units end up. Rundstedt is the only HQ in range of the bombers, and not enough points to do both. I will reorg the 2 bomber and the artillery. My other artillery did not fire this time. If the lone bomber ground strike and following attack to not take Warsaw, I still have two HQ for 5 reorg points, plus an Air reorg point reorg the forces needed for a second try. I'm not worried.

Image
Attachments
GR.jpg
GR.jpg (215.27 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

CW declares war. US entry roll of 9, and a 3 chit is removed.

Image
Attachments
E1.jpg
E1.jpg (148.98 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

Germany calls out the resrves, and a look at the overall German situation.

Image
Attachments
GEOI1.jpg
GEOI1.jpg (578.58 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Banjo
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Southwest Missouri

RE: An advanced beginners AAR, and what i've learned so far and hope to learn

Post by Banjo »

I want to mention something about india since I have a militia to place in Delhi. In my last two games, the partisans were a real pain. I should have esplit the Calcutta inf to rail a division to Bombay to protect the factory. Also I need to read up on garrisoning and partisan activation.


Image
Attachments
RII.jpg
RII.jpg (397.81 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Report”