Page 6 of 6

Re: Atheory AAR - GC 1936 - Nationalists Peluche

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2026 12:34 pm
by atheory
Reiryc wrote: Sun Feb 01, 2026 12:19 am
atheory wrote: Fri Jan 30, 2026 9:11 pm I'm getting tired of chasing ants. This is not fun gameplay.
What do you mean?

I just find it frustrating to chase down small units in friendly areas after the front lines have already shifted elsewhere. You can engage a unit 10-15 times before they finally disappear, all the while they still flipping empty bases.

It's just an early game thing really, once the front lines are established this shouldn't be as big a frustration. I'm just venting.

Re: Atheory AAR - GC 1936 - Nationalists Peluche

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2026 2:45 pm
by RangerJoe
atheory wrote: Sun Feb 01, 2026 12:34 pm
Reiryc wrote: Sun Feb 01, 2026 12:19 am
atheory wrote: Fri Jan 30, 2026 9:11 pm I'm getting tired of chasing ants. This is not fun gameplay.
What do you mean?

I just find it frustrating to chase down small units in friendly areas after the front lines have already shifted elsewhere. You can engage a unit 10-15 times before they finally disappear, all the while they still flipping empty bases.

It's just an early game thing really, once the front lines are established this shouldn't be as big a frustration. I'm just venting.
Yes, it is frustrating but there are other ways to destroy them. :P

Re: Atheory AAR - GC 1936 - Nationalists Peluche

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2026 3:32 pm
by Q-Ball
I wonder if playing a human will eliminate that problem of chasing units all over the map

Humans will probably send units behind the lines in "Guerilla" warfare, but there is a high cost.....those units get destroyed, running up the loss count.

Re: Atheory AAR - GC 1936 - Nationalists Peluche

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2026 4:00 pm
by atheory
Q-Ball wrote: Sun Feb 01, 2026 3:32 pm I wonder if playing a human will eliminate that problem of chasing units all over the map

Humans will probably send units behind the lines in "Guerilla" warfare, but there is a high cost.....those units get destroyed, running up the loss count.

There is usually sensible logic behind a human's move.

I can't fathom what the AI is doing half of the time. It's in the code somewhere though.