Page 10 of 14

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:18 pm
by Tophat1815
Pssst!!! Das you forgot to post parts 1 and 2 of year 26! Both good episodes and shows what "booty" a player can get from going after a powerful pirate faction.

A;sp parts 1 and 2 of year 27!

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:16 am
by Tophat1815

Bump and Larry is up!

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:30 pm
by vmxa_slith
Larry is up? Last one I found was by Das, so guess should be up. Did I miss one?

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:20 pm
by Tophat1815
ORIGINAL: vmxa

Larry is up? Last one I found was by Das, so guess should be up. Did I miss one?

Yes you did...Marcus Aurilius did year 26 in 2 parts. Good episodes actually.

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:36 pm
by StarLab
Just to catch up with the links here:

Das' Year 26
Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 26 Part 1 ~ New Front Lines
Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 26 Part 2 ~ Evil Sun


Marcus' Year 27
Distant Worlds Collaberative ~ Year 27 Pt. 1 ~ 111 Words for War...
Distant Worlds Collaberative ~ Year 27 Pt. 2 ~ ...But No Words for Compassion


I still need to watch Year 27 myself, but should have that watched and my year (28) done for tomorrow. Not to worry, I won't take 2 weeks like I did last time... :D

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:53 pm
by Tophat1815

Not a problem Larry,the last few years have built up some tension.MA did a pretty good job but built some more of those dominatrix class capital ships. Don't think he realized they are just planetary bombardment vessels. When next you are up can you run through some of the design specs on your warships?

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:01 pm
by StarLab
ORIGINAL: Tophat1812


Not a problem Larry,the last few years have built up some tension.MA did a pretty good job but built some more of those dominatrix class capital ships. Don't think he realized they are just planetary bombardment vessels. When next you are up can you run through some of the design specs on your warships?

Those ships might still be in queue for construction. Hopefully I can cancel before they hit the construction bays. And yes, it's time to look over our designs a bit at this point. I hope our superior ground forces holds off any Human invasions.

I fear we may still be strapped for certain resources so I'll have to look at that closely in the coming year.

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:14 pm
by vmxa_slith
"Yes you did...Marcus Aurilius did year 26 in 2 parts. Good episodes actually."

Been looking and never saw it. Glad Larry slapped up the links.

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:44 am
by Tophat1815
ORIGINAL: vmxa

"Yes you did...Marcus Aurilius did year 26 in 2 parts. Good episodes actually."

Been looking and never saw it. Glad Larry slapped up the links.

I search for "Distant worlds universe collaborative"...usually get several hundred choices to scroll through but the majority of the time latest episodes are in top 150.

Larry i don't think al your warship designs have been refitted to include point defense yet. MA did order up more LONGD jeep-carrier ships and they have been useful.It will be interesting to see what you have left to work with.

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:42 am
by spiralaxis

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:02 pm
by StarLab
Here is part 1 of 3 of my year. Lots to look at...

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 28 Pt 1 ~ Planning for the Year

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:53 pm
by vmxa_slith
Yeah, if they do not post the link in this thread, I will not see it. Though at one time Larry and Das were posting the links for all in their youtube page.

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:06 pm
by StarLab
I'll try to ensure links get posted here promptly for all players. [:)]

Here is part 2 of 3 for year 28. We actually play for a bit in this one. [:D]

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 28 Pt 2 ~ Securing Ground Forces

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:00 am
by johanwanderer
ORIGINAL: Tophat1812
I search for "Distant worlds universe collaborative"...usually get several hundred choices to scroll through but the majority of the time latest episodes are in top 150.

Larry i don't think al your warship designs have been refitted to include point defense yet. MA did order up more LONGD jeep-carrier ships and they have been useful.It will be interesting to see what you have left to work with.

At the end of his turn, Das will say who the next person is (if he knows that then). I then just check that person's channel, maybe once a day. Don't really have to search too much for it.

-Long.

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:32 am
by Tophat1815

Larry,good call on updating those ships the way you did. You need that next ship size increase to make any major changes.

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:47 am
by Icemania
It would be great to see the team play Extreme with the AI Improvement Mod ... and get slaughtered!



RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:51 am
by StarLab
I actually put my fleet to good use in this year - many mining stations destroyed. [:D]

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 28 Pt 3 ~ Let's Hit n' Run!

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:00 pm
by StarLab
ORIGINAL: Tophat1812


Larry,good call on updating those ships the way you did. You need that next ship size increase to make any major changes.

Yes, that's why I wasn't concerned about retrofits. For now we'll just replace lost ships with the new designs until we get major upgrades to size, etc...
ORIGINAL: Icemania

It would be great to see the team play Extreme with the AI Improvement Mod ... and get slaughtered!



It's always great to watch me fail. LOL! People seem to enjoy that. [:D] I'd feel sorry for the Guest player who has limited experience with the game under those settings though... hehehe...


RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:21 pm
by Cauldyth
One of the great advantages of these sorts of Let's Plays, apart from their sheer entertainment value, is that they can help show us poorer players how we can play better. The use of mods that alter the actual balance, like the AI Improvement mod does, means the lessons learned aren't applicable to those of us who prefer to play the vanilla game.

I'm not counting the Extended mod, as that doesn't alter any actual mechanics.

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:38 pm
by StarLab
ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

One of the great advantages of these sorts of Let's Plays, apart from their sheer entertainment value, is that they can help show us poorer players how we can play better. The use of mods that alter the actual balance, like the AI Improvement mod does, means the lessons learned aren't applicable to those of us who prefer to play the vanilla game.

I'm not counting the Extended mod, as that doesn't alter any actual mechanics.

My channel gets a lot of new players to the game. I try not to go too nuts on mods as most of the new people are trying to get a grasp on the core game itself. The Extended Mod is perfect because, as you said, it doesn't alter any of the core mechanics - any tips or techniques translate perfectly from this mod to vanilla games. [8D]