Page 95 of 280
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:55 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
OK, events have made the following discussion essential. This is one of those Ginger or Mary Ann thingies. Zsa Zsa or Eva? I will weigh in on this at the outset. I was totally and completely adoring of Eva. Don't even try to tell me that Zsa Zsa filled in for Eva on Green Acres, not even one episode. Simply not possible.
Neither one did a damn thing for me. Can I have Mary Ann instead or is that not a choice?
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:00 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
OK, events have made the following discussion essential. This is one of those Ginger or Mary Ann thingies. Zsa Zsa or Eva? I will weigh in on this at the outset. I was totally and completely adoring of Eva. Don't even try to tell me that Zsa Zsa filled in for Eva on Green Acres, not even one episode. Simply not possible.
Neither one did a damn thing for me.
warspite1
+1
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:00 pm
by Orm
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
OK, events have made the following discussion essential. This is one of those Ginger or Mary Ann thingies. Zsa Zsa or Eva? I will weigh in on this at the outset. I was totally and completely adoring of Eva. Don't even try to tell me that Zsa Zsa filled in for Eva on Green Acres, not even one episode. Simply not possible.
Neither one did a damn thing for me. Can I have Mary Ann instead or is that not a choice?
Que? [&:] [:(]
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:06 pm
by geofflambert
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
OK, events have made the following discussion essential. This is one of those Ginger or Mary Ann thingies. Zsa Zsa or Eva? I will weigh in on this at the outset. I was totally and completely adoring of Eva. Don't even try to tell me that Zsa Zsa filled in for Eva on Green Acres, not even one episode. Simply not possible.
Neither one did a damn thing for me. Can I have Mary Ann instead or is that not a choice?
You can have Mary Ann after I'm done with her, which would be NEVER.
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:07 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
OK, events have made the following discussion essential. This is one of those Ginger or Mary Ann thingies. Zsa Zsa or Eva? I will weigh in on this at the outset. I was totally and completely adoring of Eva. Don't even try to tell me that Zsa Zsa filled in for Eva on Green Acres, not even one episode. Simply not possible.
Neither one did a damn thing for me. Can I have Mary Ann instead or is that not a choice?
Que? [&:] [:(]
Orm,
A quintessential question asked of "red blooded American men" (RBAM) of our age range is the perennial "Ginger or Mary Ann?" Meaning, if you were stranded on a dessert island (or even if you weren't), would you prefer to avail yourself of the company of 'Mary Ann' or 'Ginger'-both roles from the popular television show "Gilligan's Island" from the 1970s.
Mary Ann is a rustic farm girl ("The girl next door") with homespun charm and good looks. Ginger hails from the Hollywood high finance set and is a sultry blonde.
My unofficial polling shows >80% of the aforementioned RBAM will choose Mary Ann.
Given the choice, Warspite1, being neither red blooded nor an American male keeps asking prying questions about the Skipper's personal life.
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:08 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
OK, events have made the following discussion essential. This is one of those Ginger or Mary Ann thingies. Zsa Zsa or Eva? I will weigh in on this at the outset. I was totally and completely adoring of Eva. Don't even try to tell me that Zsa Zsa filled in for Eva on Green Acres, not even one episode. Simply not possible.
Neither one did a damn thing for me. Can I have Mary Ann instead or is that not a choice?
You can have Mary Ann after I'm done with her, which would be NEVER.
Well, when you go through one of your seasonal molts and shed your skin, can I borrow her for a couple days?
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:10 pm
by Lecivius
Genie!!

RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Lecivius
Genie!!
Genie or Mary Ann? That's a tougher question...they'd both be capable of granting my 'wish'.[8D]
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:18 pm
by geofflambert
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Neither one did a damn thing for me. Can I have Mary Ann instead or is that not a choice?
Que? [&:] [:(]
Orm,
if you were stranded on a dessert island (or even if you weren't), would you prefer to avail yourself of the company of 'Mary Ann' or 'Ginger'-both roles from the popular television show "Gilligan's Island" from the 1970s.
If you were stranded on a dessert island the only one you would find would be not Ginger, not Mary Ann but rather Anna Nicole Smith.
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:21 pm
by Chickenboy
[X(] One 's' not two. Changes the meaning quite a bit doesn't it? [:D]
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:22 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Neither one did a damn thing for me. Can I have Mary Ann instead or is that not a choice?
Que? [&:] [:(]
Orm,
A quintessential question asked of "red blooded American men" (RBAM) of our age range is the perennial "Ginger or Mary Ann?" Meaning, if you were stranded on a dessert island (or even if you weren't), would you prefer to avail yourself of the company of 'Mary Ann' or 'Ginger'-both roles from the popular television show "Gilligan's Island" from the 1970s.
Mary Ann is a rustic farm girl ("The girl next door") with homespun charm and good looks. Ginger hails from the Hollywood high finance set and is a sultry blonde.
My unofficial polling shows >80% of the aforementioned RBAM will choose Mary Ann.
Given the choice, Warspite1, being neither red blooded nor an American male keeps asking prying questions about the Skipper's personal life.
warspite1
Prying questions? My dear Chickenboy its called the art of seduction, a form of which that requires a degree of sophistication and subtlety that you wouldn't be able to attain if your life depended upon it. Yes, I must confess, after a few well chosen words in her delicate ear, the skipper and myself were getting along just famously......

RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:23 pm
by Orm
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Neither one did a damn thing for me. Can I have Mary Ann instead or is that not a choice?
Que? [&:] [:(]
Orm,
A quintessential question asked of "red blooded American men" (RBAM) of our age range is the perennial "Ginger or Mary Ann?" Meaning, if you were stranded on a dessert island (or even if you weren't), would you prefer to avail yourself of the company of 'Mary Ann' or 'Ginger'-both roles from the popular television show "Gilligan's Island" from the 1970s.
Mary Ann is a rustic farm girl ("The girl next door") with homespun charm and good looks. Ginger hails from the Hollywood high finance set and is a sultry blonde.
My unofficial polling shows >80% of the aforementioned RBAM will choose Mary Ann.
Given the choice, Warspite1, being neither red blooded nor an American male keeps asking prying questions about the Skipper's personal life.
Thank you, Chickenboy, for that explanation. [:)] [&o]
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:24 pm
by Chickenboy
Magnificent promenade deck. Ahoy matey! [X(]
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:26 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Orm
Que? [&:] [:(]
Orm,
A quintessential question asked of "red blooded American men" (RBAM) of our age range is the perennial "Ginger or Mary Ann?" Meaning, if you were stranded on a dessert island (or even if you weren't), would you prefer to avail yourself of the company of 'Mary Ann' or 'Ginger'-both roles from the popular television show "Gilligan's Island" from the 1970s.
Mary Ann is a rustic farm girl ("The girl next door") with homespun charm and good looks. Ginger hails from the Hollywood high finance set and is a sultry blonde.
My unofficial polling shows >80% of the aforementioned RBAM will choose Mary Ann.
Given the choice, Warspite1, being neither red blooded nor an American male keeps asking prying questions about the Skipper's personal life.
Thank you, Chickenboy, for that explanation. [:)] [&o]
Orm,
Surely you must have some sort of equivalent Swedish comparative? Which of the two ABBA women? Which of the members of the Swedish bikini team? Something? [;)]
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:31 pm
by Orm
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Orm
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Orm,
A quintessential question asked of "red blooded American men" (RBAM) of our age range is the perennial "Ginger or Mary Ann?" Meaning, if you were stranded on a dessert island (or even if you weren't), would you prefer to avail yourself of the company of 'Mary Ann' or 'Ginger'-both roles from the popular television show "Gilligan's Island" from the 1970s.
Mary Ann is a rustic farm girl ("The girl next door") with homespun charm and good looks. Ginger hails from the Hollywood high finance set and is a sultry blonde.
My unofficial polling shows >80% of the aforementioned RBAM will choose Mary Ann.
Given the choice, Warspite1, being neither red blooded nor an American male keeps asking prying questions about the Skipper's personal life.
Thank you, Chickenboy, for that explanation. [:)] [&o]
Orm,
Surely you must have some sort of equivalent Swedish comparative? Which of the two ABBA women? Which of the members of the Swedish bikini team? Something? [;)]
Not that I am aware of. [:(]
And I think the
Swedish bikini team is a US invention with women from US.
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:35 pm
by geofflambert
Of course, you might have been in the Safeway asking where the "dessert aisle" was, in which case you ... Oh, better not say.
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:39 pm
by geofflambert
Dang, how fast this thread is moving, I was trying to answer son of a chicken and now I'm asking where I can get my paws on a member of the Swedish meatball team.
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:58 pm
by geofflambert
I have to advise you of this. My mother, who was as total a teatotaler as there ever was, made this thing for guests which she called "Russian Tea". Now this was neither tea nor Russian, but everyone was on tinterhooks until it was served. She had a very nice silver tea service which she used for this. Essentially she took the leftover juice (if I might call it that) from cans of pears, peaches and whatnot and heated it up.
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:17 pm
by BBfanboy
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
I have to advise you of this. My mother, who was as total a teatotaler as there ever was, made this thing for guests which she called "Russian Tea". Now this was neither tea nor Russian, but everyone was on tinterhooks until it was served. She had a very nice silver tea service which she used for this. Essentially she took the leftover juice (if I might call it that) from cans of pears, peaches and whatnot and heated it up.
OK ... as long as she permitted said juice to ferment first!
RE: OT Things to ponder
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:19 pm
by scout1
you boys are showing your age .....