Page 2 of 5
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:58 pm
by Hard Sarge
sorry, more into testing mode then in the idea of a AAR
first day, I moved JG 77 from out of the Luft 3 area, and into Luft 2, they got 109E-4s, so want them closer to the action
2nd day, I have moved some of the Stukas out of 3 and into 2, I don't plan on overly using them, but if the time comes, they will be ready
not done anything with Luft X yet, they are there to be there and make Steve wonder
parts of JG 1 up in Holland, while not helpful for the main battle, I am using to keep Steve honest, seen them coming in, should get him thinking
Standard ploy in BTR is to pull back, which I am wonder if Steve will do that, since he got hurt a bit by one of my sweeps (counter for sweeps is patrols)
and of course, day two, I am only sending in one sweep and that is from Holland, again, more to make him think, then to do anything
nothing at night this time, I want my Luft 3 bombers to get some rest
going for my 2 Radar sites again, which I think he will expect that, have a raid to Hammer Tangmare, that should look like it is going for the Radar site at Ventor
my 2 heavy raids are Tangmare and one of the 12 Group fields, I expect/hope to get about 1200-1400 RAF into the air today (if Steve has not pulled everything back)
if I do, my losses will be heavier (which I can afford) but will start to wear him out
and I am still able to rest a major part of my forces
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:08 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Oooooh, if I didn't have AE, I'd be all over this...[&o][&o][&o]
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:51 pm
by pompack
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Oooooh, if I didn't have AE, I'd be all over this...[&o][&o][&o]
I don't have either. All I can do is read the AAR and drool on the keyboard [:(]
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:18 am
by Hard Sarge
Non Bombing Buggers, time to start sending the dogs to the Russian Front, oh wait, we not there yet, never mind the threat
dang
but still got a hole in the middle, I may be able to slip something in
but I did get one of airfields, dang nab it, must of missed Tangmare, guess the clouds came out, looked like it should of been a good day

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:31 am
by Hard Sarge
LOL, guess that is why the High Command has lower ranks to do the easy stuff, just noticed that I flatten Tangmare
oops
Scoreing is a issue, Waynno thought he had it fixed, I questioned it, and now he thinks he found something wrong (other campaigns score correct, the short BoB ones use different systems) I am not getting cridit for the damage I am doing to the Sector AirFields, but the score was wrong from the start
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:43 am
by Hard Sarge
disappointed in this part, I had hoped to draw him up, but he flew less then he did yesterday, so he may of pulled back some
I think that is a mistake, but with the scoreing not being correct, it may not show up
gonna have to start tossing some recon birds out there, I don't like to waste them
22 LW to 14 RAF, kills to Steve, but I took out two more Sector Airfields
that is 5 down, with 1 damaged, with a couple of side fields burning bright
I think I am getting Evil thoughts

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:39 am
by Hard Sarge
timing is the charm, if and when it works
yesterday, Steve didn't even react to the first set of raids, that may backfire, as today, I am sending main raids first, and then keeping them coming
he only put some 400 planes up, I aim to make him commit more today
have shifted what I have of JG 1 down to Luft 3, thinking that is where the hole is going to break open, I got the bombers in the area, I don't have the fighters, a Gruppen and a Stab is not much, but will be enough to help out
ahh, should of moved some of the 110s down there too

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:42 am
by Hard Sarge
which just in case, I have the radar ranges turned on, you don't have to have that showing, there are other filters for the map you can turn on and off also
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:19 am
by Alfred
Will the defenders in BOB/BTR be able to have the radar ranges filter turned on as they vector in fighters. This was not possible in the old BTR in the old execution phase.
Alfred
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:53 am
by Hard Sarge
Yes if they want to, I would say to turn it on and then turn it off, it gets pretty busy and the screen refresh gets a little out of wack

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:18 pm
by IKerensky
Err, I suppose it is absolutely normal... but why is there so many italians planes downed ? oO
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:38 pm
by Hard Sarge
15 ? that is not too bad
wait until I put them on point
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:41 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Flying south-east is the only way you'll get them to take the lead...[:D]
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:09 am
by Hard Sarge
to be honest, not fair, they were decent flyers, and most were eager for combat, once things started going south, it got a little different, and still many of them stuck it out, under bad condictions and fought well
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:04 pm
by IKerensky
I was asking because that is the first game I saw italian planes in Battle of Britain...
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:31 pm
by Hard Sarge
Well, they were in the first battle, in 1940, a small group was sent to "help" out
in the 41, since it is a what if, we have made it a what if, and added a larger group of It units
RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:52 pm
by Hard Sarge
there we go, now Steve is starting to react, and I take it on the chin
my raids to the radar finally works, and I got my holes
my raids to the AFs are a different story, if I had hit what I went after, I wouldn't mind the losses, but
1 to 2 losses is not good for my health, but he did put up over 900 planes, so that part worked (Oh boy)
also, if the scoreing was correct, it would make me a little more happy

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:54 pm
by Hard Sarge
but I got my hole, this may make it a little HARDer on Steve to react, my radio chatter is going to help him some, but...

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:57 pm
by Hard Sarge
of course, I got to use what I am given, but the middle of England is wide open

RE: AAR for HARD_Sarge
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:46 pm
by Hard Sarge
I believe the words are, my blood is my honor
time to bleed
so this is do or die, I have to break him while I got a chance
