Page 2 of 4
RE: Patch?
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:14 pm
by bo
ORIGINAL: Anraz
Well I'm as confused as you are, but almost a year ago we have similar situation when for some unknown reasons our mails disappeared in a void and finally information given via forum was effective. I hope soon we will have some feedback and every thing will be back on track.
Anraz this is the new me, sweet, considerate, laid back etc.[>:] but your answer above was not a good one, get unconfused and find the patch and get it to us! Please.[&o]
Bo
RE: Patch?
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:54 pm
by SeaMonkey
Did I suddenly get transported to a different planet with abnormal lifeforms? This is still Earth...right? So we must be talking about humans here, that procrastinating semi-intelligent inhabitant of this 3rd stone from the Sun.
Does anything ever arrive when its suppose to, is it of the quality that was promised, can you take anyone at their word or is it just a degredation or distraction of what used to be reality, where people were accountable to each other.
Welcome to present day and i don't see it getting any better. So chill, take something, escape and save yourself the anguish, it'll shorten your lifespan if you don't, its not worth it. Back in the day of meditation of the transcendental variety we had a word, and the word was...............................
Ohhhmmmmm.
RE: Patch?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:23 am
by bo
ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey
Did I suddenly get transported to a different planet with abnormal lifeforms? This is still Earth...right? So we must be talking about humans here, that procrastinating semi-intelligent inhabitant of this 3rd stone from the Sun.
Does anything ever arrive when its suppose to, is it of the quality that was promised, can you take anyone at their word or is it just a degredation or distraction of what used to be reality, where people were accountable to each other.
Welcome to present day and i don't see it getting any better. So chill, take something, escape and save yourself the anguish, it'll shorten your lifespan if you don't, its not worth it. Back in the day of meditation of the transcendental variety we had a word, and the word was...............................
Ohhhmmmmm.
If you are referring to me seamonkey in the above post I stand admonished and humble
as a human who has seen the light can be, I would like to think that Anraz as a spokes person for Wastelands can do a little better looking in cyber space for this suddenly elusive patch 1.60, but if nothing else happens soon one thing I have found out is that you are very eloquent and must have attended Bryn Mawr college near me, [phila.] even though it is an all girls college hehe[:D]
Bo
RE: Patch?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 am
by Berkut
I am really hungry now.
Would some bread without butter be ok?
RE: Patch?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:47 am
by Berkut
ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey
Did I suddenly get transported to a different planet with abnormal lifeforms? This is still Earth...right? So we must be talking about humans here, that procrastinating semi-intelligent inhabitant of this 3rd stone from the Sun.
Does anything ever arrive when its suppose to, is it of the quality that was promised, can you take anyone at their word or is it just a degredation or distraction of what used to be reality, where people were accountable to each other.
Welcome to present day and i don't see it getting any better. So chill, take something, escape and save yourself the anguish, it'll shorten your lifespan if you don't, its not worth it. Back in the day of meditation of the transcendental variety we had a word, and the word was...............................
Ohhhmmmmm.
Kidding aside, this is getting pretty ridiculous.
AFAIK, the patch is done. It isn't being held up while more changes are made...someone just can't be bothered to post the bloody thing.
RE: Patch?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:55 am
by gwgardner
The banner at the top of the page proudly announces that the Matrix August Newsletter is now out! So perhaps that gives you an idea of how long we must wait.
RE: Patch?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:25 am
by Anraz
ORIGINAL: bo
ORIGINAL: Anraz
Well I'm as confused as you are, but almost a year ago we have similar situation when for some unknown reasons our mails disappeared in a void and finally information given via forum was effective. I hope soon we will have some feedback and every thing will be back on track.
Anraz this is the new me, sweet, considerate, laid back etc.[>:] but your answer above was not a good one, get unconfused and find the patch and get it to us! Please.[&o]
Bo
The answer above as usual was honest.
Hopefully I see the light in the end of tunnel, because we reestablish contact thanks to forum. Apparently antispam filters ate our messages to Matrix. This caused delay and confusion.
RE: Patch?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:31 am
by AH4Ever
ORIGINAL: willgamer
+4 bump.... suddenly there came a tapping, as of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.....
Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
"Sir," said I, "or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you"--here I opened wide the door--
Darkness there and nothing more.
Darkness there and nothing more = Cyberspace V 1.60
Thank you Will for inspiring me to re-read one of Poe's best
RE: Patch?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:58 am
by phillipcs
Hi
What happens to people who bought it from gamersgate, so we just download the patch that will be posted on the Matrix site ?
THanks.
RE: Patch?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:05 am
by Dennistoun
ORIGINAL: phillipcs
Hi
What happens to people who bought it from gamersgate, so we just download the patch that will be posted on the Matrix site ?
THanks.
I bought the game from Gamer's Gate too, Philipcs. I'll be downloading the patch from Matrix as I'm more on this than I'm ever on GG.
RE: Patch?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:50 am
by willgamer
+5 bump...
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!
RE: Patch?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:59 am
by Berkut
ORIGINAL: Anraz
ORIGINAL: bo
ORIGINAL: Anraz
Well I'm as confused as you are, but almost a year ago we have similar situation when for some unknown reasons our mails disappeared in a void and finally information given via forum was effective. I hope soon we will have some feedback and every thing will be back on track.
Anraz this is the new me, sweet, considerate, laid back etc.[>:] but your answer above was not a good one, get unconfused and find the patch and get it to us! Please.[&o]
Bo
The answer above as usual was honest.
Hopefully I see the light in the end of tunnel, because we reestablish contact thanks to forum. Apparently antispam filters ate our messages to Matrix. This caused delay and confusion.
Wow. It took you guys almost two weeks to figure this out?
RE: Patch?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:39 pm
by willgamer
+6 bump...
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you"- here I opened wide the door;-
Darkness there, and nothing more.
RE: Patch?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:49 pm
by Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: Berkut
Wow. It took you guys almost two weeks to figure this out?
How do you get two weeks? As far as I can tell, there was a communication hiccup of a few days.
RE: Patch?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:58 pm
by gwgardner
Hey Erik, any chance we can get it in time for this weekend's play sessions?
RE: Patch?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:04 pm
by willgamer
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: Berkut
Wow. It took you guys almost two weeks to figure this out?
How do you get two weeks? As far as I can tell, there was a communication hiccup of a few days.
On 9/23/09, Doomtrader posted: "I just sent the files to Matrix guys" in the ToW Going East Thread.
9/23 to 10/3 (today) = 10 days.
'tween'r!

RE: Patch?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:09 pm
by carnifex
I hope the official patch is available soon because I have some multiplayer opponents waiting but we don't want to use the beta patch, with the plane reinforcement bug and all...
RE: Patch?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:18 pm
by Erik Rutins
That's one reason why we ask developers not to get too excited and post that kind of information as it creates false expectations. A lot more goes into getting a patch ready than just the initial hand off to us. Communication between us since 9/23 has been pretty regular, with a hiccup of less than a week that I'm aware of. Update testing and preparation has been ongoing during that time and keep in mind that we have to work around the schedule of other projects and deadlines as well. The final "signed off" version of the update was completed and ready for final review on October 1st, we expect it to release early next week.
As a side note, 9/23 - 10/3 is 7 business days, not two weeks. Even 10 calendar days is not two weeks.
Regards,
- Erik
RE: Patch?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:01 pm
by AH4Ever
ORIGINAL: Berkut
I am really hungry now.
Would some bread without butter be ok?
Just wondering how you're doin'? Can you hold out till
"early next week"?
Let's do the math - Early next week would mean Monday or Tuesday since Wednesday is mid-week, leaving Thursday and Friday as later in the week.
Based on 5 days = a work week.
That sounds right.
So I'm betting on Tuesday... or Friday.
I always though people from Vermont were mellow.
[8D]




RE: Patch?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:39 pm
by Anraz
Giving previous experience in a few days after sending of final version of the patch it was usually released, the patch was preceded by series of beta versions for betateters so who might know that a communication hiccup will occur...