Page 2 of 2
RE: My radar stations are gone!
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:52 am
by JapLance
ORIGINAL: jomni
Sorry to hijack the thread but how do you hit the PRIAFs north of London?
Are these unescorted raids. I'm almost a month now playing my very first LW full campaign and I still don't have guts to hit those fields.
I'm still experimenting methods. Actually this is my second campaign and I'm still learning things after my first one finished earlier than expected.
The coastal airfields are hit by low-level day raids while the RAF is defending the South. It usually works.
To wreck the ones inland I send the Google Earth planes [:D] in the morning and hit them at night with bombers at about 5000-6000 feet if I attack them that same night, or even lower if I wait one day for the info to be processed and discover that no balloons are around. There is the risk of just scorching a few square miles of countryside and make no harm, but casualties are low. I never thought of sending unescorted day raids that deep, at least while the RAF is still in the air.
To Oliver:
The icons I'm using are based on one of the mods available in this same forum. I just changed a few graphics (Power is made from the Winamp icon [:'(], a few factories, the Headquarters...). I won't upload anywhere since most of the work is not mine at all.
RE: My radar stations are gone!
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:50 am
by Hexagon
Ok, waiting for the final version of your superb mod, i like it [&o]
PD: if RAF try to defend the coast use Me-109 in low sweeps is a good idea, you can destroy double more planes than you loss and suffer less damage and of course, send enemy AA and ballons to objetives that your bombers dont need attack (better attack motor factories hehehe).
RE: My radar stations are gone!
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:33 pm
by StkNRdr
ORIGINAL: _Stele
What are the alternatives, gentlemen?
Refer to the leaflet.
RE: My radar stations are gone!
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:36 am
by Stele
ORIGINAL: StkNRdr
ORIGINAL: _Stele
What are the alternatives, gentlemen?
Refer to the leaflet.
I've been found!
RE: My radar stations are gone!
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:55 pm
by Stele
Coming back to this topic, I went with the option of sending out flights to spot incoming raids. They are very effective, especially when placing them at the various altitudes, however it limits the fire power of interceptors. I also noticed having to be more cautious with the interceptors because of that fact. The Luftwaffe continues to pound away at radar stations, and with so many coming over the channel it is discouraging to see raids come in you can't stop.
Score stands at about 50 points difference in his favor, with 3 turns left.
RE: My radar stations are gone!
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:15 pm
by Baron von Beer
If all else fails, just remember that tiny little organization that thinks men belong on the high seas. BB/BC/CA/CL/DD/row boat with a crusty old fisherman manning lewis gun > flat bottomed barges. [:D][/align]