Page 2 of 4
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:13 pm
by undercovergeek
CM: Battle for Normandy
Pride of Nations/Vainglory of Nations
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:29 pm
by jjax
ORIGINAL: Terminus
[8|]
You could have just said you meant Shogun 2. I am not sure why you expected that to be common knowledge.
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:55 pm
by V22 Osprey
ORIGINAL: jjax
ORIGINAL: Terminus
[8|]
You could have just said you meant Shogun 2. I am not sure why you expected that to be common knowledge.
I knew right away that he meant Shogun 2. Diablo1 knew what he was talking about as well, he was just messing with Terminus. You even knew that he meant shogun 2, so please.[8|]
Anyway,
World in Flames
Modern Wars Vol 1(Modern version of JTCS
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:30 pm
by sabre1
I am looking forward to just playing the games I already own. That will keep me busy for years.
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:45 pm
by berto
ORIGINAL: sabre1
I am looking forward to just playing the games I already own. That will keep me busy for years.
+1
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:40 am
by martok
Pride of Nations and the Armada 2526 expansion.
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:10 am
by hgilmer3
I loved Shogun Total War, so I may take a look at Version 2. I remember there was a central province, maybe Shinano, that you could have a decent but small force there and the AI would outnumber you in surrounding. So, it would attack. And to attack, it had to march all the way across this valley and attack up a hill in a Cul De Sac valley. I'd have my high morale monks and heavy armor guys in the middle with light horse on the flanks and the AI would break on that force every time. I loved those battles.
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:21 am
by Fallschirmjager
ORIGINAL: hgilmer3
I loved Shogun Total War, so I may take a look at Version 2. I remember there was a central province, maybe Shinano, that you could have a decent but small force there and the AI would outnumber you in surrounding. So, it would attack. And to attack, it had to march all the way across this valley and attack up a hill in a Cul De Sac valley. I'd have my high morale monks and heavy armor guys in the middle with light horse on the flanks and the AI would break on that force every time. I loved those battles.
Warrior monks are some of my favorite RTS units of all time. The expansion had sword saints which were ridiculously overpowered and unrealistic but very fun.
It also featured the little FMV movies when you sent an agent on a mission. Those were fun. I hope they return.
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:14 am
by rhondabrwn
ORIGINAL: warspite1
Matrix World In Flames - although eagerly anticipating is probably not the correct description; try climbing the walls and salivating at the prospect [X(]
Yup... I'm ready to buy it - it's tops on my list.
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:41 am
by Obsolete
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:12 am
by ilovestrategy
Obsolete, what is the purpose of the metal band around the turret? I was under the impression that German tanks already had thick armor. Am I wrong in thinking that?
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:51 am
by DuckofTindalos
It's spaced armour to neutralize hollow charge rounds before they hit the turret or the tracks. And the Pz IV was not especially heavily armoured. The Panther and the Tiger were entirely different kettles of fish.
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:42 am
by diablo1
ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey
ORIGINAL: jjax
ORIGINAL: Terminus
[8|]
You could have just said you meant Shogun 2. I am not sure why you expected that to be common knowledge.
I knew right away that he meant Shogun 2. Diablo1 knew what he was talking about as well, he was just messing with Terminus. You even knew that he meant shogun 2, so please.[8|]
Anyway,
World in Flames
Modern Wars Vol 1(Modern version of JTCS
So you're a mind reader now eh Osprey? You should goto the tracks you could make millions. [:)]
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:28 pm
by wworld7
ORIGINAL: diablo1
So you're a mind reader now eh Osprey? You should goto the tracks you could make millions. [:)]
If your little joke leads the kid into gambling YOU should cover any loss he suffers.[:D][:D][:D]
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:07 pm
by hgilmer3
I suppose I'm looking forward to Diablo 3. I know it is mindless clicking, but sometimes I want mindless clicking after a day of work in the office.
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:39 pm
by Alan Sharif
OK, PC:Ostfront, CM Normandy and Brother Against Brother, also any further BA expansions and Combined Arms WW2 ( well, I can hope for the last one).
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:19 pm
by ilovestrategy
ORIGINAL: Terminus
It's spaced armour to neutralize hollow charge rounds before they hit the turret or the tracks. And the Pz IV was not especially heavily armoured. The Panther and the Tiger were entirely different kettles of fish.
Thank you Terminus! [:)]
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:20 pm
by mikkey
Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy
Battle of Britain: Storm of War
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:41 pm
by Deathtreader
Somebody is going to say it..........might as well be me.
COMBINED ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and the HTTR expansion (plus patch) for BFTB. [&o]
Happy New Year everyone!
Rob.
RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:56 pm
by sprior
COMBINED ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me too
HTTR expansion (plus patch) for BFTB
I would buy BFTB if that came out.