Page 2 of 2

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:56 am
by Hertston
ORIGINAL: Boomer78
I remember watching the battle of Caldari Prime (Eve: Online) on youtube. Holy god... it's just too much for me, so overwhelming, the idea of thousands of players blasting each other and their very expensive ships to pieces. I'm getting a little too old for that sort of thing, but it was amazing to watch.

Really good game. It just needs so much gaming time sunk into it to really get the best out of it - far more than I ever had.

Surprised nobody has mentioned MechWarrior Tactics yet.

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:24 am
by Mrtyphoon
I'm afraid to say I am a Travian addict that one is not just a game it's a way of life :-(

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:02 am
by wings7
ORIGINAL: demjansk

Patrick,

The warthunder game http://warthunder.com/ is very similar to those who play world of tanks but its a different game then the new release of world of planes. It's free and the scenery is OUTSTANDING!!!!!! You can buy planes and you don't have to pay a DIME to play this game. The developers are working on getting the naval and land forces involved in the game from a human perspective. The AI land forces are very tough, tanks move on the battlefield as well as the naval forces. I have been shot down a number of times. At the present moment, team playing is not the greatest but you can invite friends to your game etc. I could write a large dissertation on this game but download it and you will love it. Look me up and i can get you on TS with other players.

Sounds quite good and I will definitely check it out [:)]...Thank You!

Patrick

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:07 am
by wings7
ORIGINAL: typhoon

I'm afraid to say I am a Travian addict that one is not just a game it's a way of life :-(

Wow, looks good! [:)] Another to definitely consider. Thanks!

Patrick

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:57 pm
by Jim D Burns
It's not an online game, but Battle for Wesnoth is a good free strategy game.

Jim

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:55 am
by Gilmer
It's not strategy, but I play Everquest Emu and I play on the classic server. It's not for the faint of heart that are experienced with World of Warcraft online. You lose levels and experience here and it can be a slog at times.

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:19 pm
by wings7
ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

It's not an online game, but Battle for Wesnoth is a good free strategy game.

Jim

Jim, thank you for the link, another strategy game to check out! [:)]

Patrick

RE: The Best Current Strategy Games On-Line

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:23 pm
by wings7
ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

It's not strategy, but I play Everquest Emu and I play on the classic server. It's not for the faint of heart that are experienced with World of Warcraft online. You lose levels and experience here and it can be a slog at times.

Kurt, It sounds challenging but isn't that a great quality of gaming, [X(] thank you!

Patrick