Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

User avatar
fvianello
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Italy

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by fvianello »

I can confirm that, even in 2.02, Vulcan almost always just stare at enemy helicopters, doing nothing.
In 2nd scenario of US campaign, I'm trying everything (4 hex away, 2 hex away, hold, on call, screen) but both vulcan and chaparral remain passive against the hinds.
H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher
TheWombat_matrixforum
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:37 am

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

ORIGINAL: cbelva

ORIGINAL: TheWombat

I saw this thread title and said, "What? Spock never saw a helicopter, did he?"
Yes, Spock saw a helicopter once. Remember "The Voyage Home"? Sulu used one to delivery the thick Plexiglas for the whale container

I award the Geek Crown to thee, sire. :)
Lowlaner2012
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:18 pm

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Hi Hanbarca

That is weird, I have had vulcans and chaparrals fire and kill some hinds in my games, or if they didn't manage to kill them they have at least fired and chased the Hinds away...

Does weather have a large effect on AD units?
User avatar
cbelva
Posts: 2223
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:11 pm
Location: Nevada USA

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by cbelva »

I ran a small test yesterday with Vulcan and Chaparrals looking at another issue. I did observe the Vulcans fire at helos, but not hit anything and was quickly destroyed. The Chaparrals are line of sight weapons and they did kills 2 or 3 helos. But by firing they gave their position away and was destroyed by the surviving helos.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9782
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by CapnDarwin »

I'm moving this up to Tech Support so we can track this as a possible issue.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
User avatar
fvianello
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Italy

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by fvianello »

I'll add some additional info:
In the 2nd campaign scenario, AD units placed 4 hexes away (maximum scenario LOS) from enemy helicopters seems to stay idle UNLESS there's some other unit closer (1 or 2 hexes) to the enemy helos.
H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher
Lowlaner2012
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:18 pm

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Do you mean there if there is a friendly unit within 1 or 2 hexes?

I usually cover my units by moving the AD unit with them (in the same hex or adjacent), maybe that's why I am seeing my vulcans actually shooting at and even shooting down some hinds...
User avatar
fvianello
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Italy

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by fvianello »

Yes, a friendly unit within 1 or 2 hexes
H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9782
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by CapnDarwin »

What is the time of day and also the weather? Can you also get a screen shot of the situation you are seeing. That would help us replicate the issue. And to verify you are on 2.02a?

Thanks.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
Tinkershuffle
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:09 pm

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by Tinkershuffle »

Ok, I'm not sure if the Vulcan bug is going to be fixed in 2.03 but I thought I still report this. I was playing a pbem game of Dawn's First Light but I had to give up because my Vulcans weren't firing at all. There's no point continuing a scenario against a helo regiment if your AD units are only enjoying the sights. I can send you a couple of these pbem files to demonstrate this if you'll give an email address where I can send them?

ps. Otherwise I'm enjoying the game immensely. [:)]
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9782
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by CapnDarwin »

The AD bugs are fixed in 2.03. Along with many other fixes and enhancements. [:D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
User avatar
cbelva
Posts: 2223
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:11 pm
Location: Nevada USA

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by cbelva »

I was playing a scenario last night testing the 2.03 build. I had two flights of Hinds (total 4 helos) that got too close to a Vulcan which in turn shot down two of the four Hinds.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9782
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

RE: Vulcans never attack helicopters

Post by CapnDarwin »

They are actually a bit dangerous when they can see. [:D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”