Page 2 of 3

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:13 am
by olivier34
Same in the North, Leningrad will fall shortly. Even the finns are crushing the red army.

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:24 am
by olivier34
but in the center, things are turning ugly. [X(]. Our Intelligence services had count around 160 soviet divisions that we would have to crash. After a month of battles, we have captured thousands of soviets, destroyed a lot of ennemy units but reports shows that plenty of unknown units appear, specially in front of AGC. All around the front, the soviets counter attacks with strong mechanised units. Lucky, they do really badly but we begin to suffer.
OKH launch a massive offensive in the center to definitly breack the soviet morale. Von Bock is not enthusiastic but he will do. That's an order
The battle of Mogilev begins and will last two weeks...

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:43 am
by olivier34
Time to look at the map and make some decisions to end the war in August

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:31 pm
by olivier34
End of turn 13, The 5th of August:
AGN : As expected, nothing seems to stop us. 18A takes Talinn without a fight. 16A (with the help of the 4PG) takes Pskov. The only problem is the threat from the south and most of the 4 PG is kept around Ostrov. To respond, a pincer attack will be launch. 3PG will crush the soviet line, take smolenks and also help the 4PG surround the soviets in the blue circle.


Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:33 pm
by olivier34
AGC: The situation looks much betteer and the 3PG should be ready soon to launch another massive attack.


Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:36 pm
by olivier34
Hitler invited me for a meeting...I said that following the plans was the best to do (Leningrad first). he decided not to...[&:]. Directive 34 gives Moscou as the main goal ! Perfect...Let's meet with my friend Von Bock and see what we can do.
AGS is at the door of Kiev. In two weeks the powerful 1PG with be turn toward Moscou.

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:58 pm
by olivier34
Report AGN from the 13th to the 21th of August
Mud has again slow the advance. 18A is surrounding Narva. Fortified zones are found empty. 16A moves north while the APG is put on refit. In 8 days this panzer corp will launch an offensive south, toward Smolensk.

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:01 pm
by olivier34
Report AGC 13th to the 21th of August:
4A is put on refit too.


Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:04 pm
by olivier34
2PG launch an offensive west of Vitebsk but fails. My poor relation ship with the AGC commander does not help (I can't give focus to the Panzers).


Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:14 pm
by olivier34
This should work [:)].


Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:18 pm
by olivier34
report AGS from the 13th to the 21th
The panzers have been abble to pocket a bunch of soviet troops and take Kirovograd. 1PG will move toward Kiev the next turn. Kiev should be german by then. The siege artillery is almost in place. Arty support is given to the 17A that will conduct the attack.

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:59 am
by battlevonwar
Beautifully done, this is about where I am in one of my games(but I went against Hitler and boy the PP weakness takes away all your Panzer Focus), except I haven't broken through where you have broken through in other places(you have reminded me how ripe the South of Russia is with it's open terrain, especially Ukraine). You are driving your Panzers well and fast and that's about the only way to get so far so easily without cheating and being relatively new to the game. I admire your boldness...

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:34 pm
by olivier34
Driving the panzers is something that I may do quiet well but right now I have again an enormous logistical problem. I felt that having a strong relationship with Gercke and Wagner would at least mean that they are doing a good job. I said yes to most of their requests (I played the last turns quickly without looking at the logistic) and I discover that this is a total mess [:@]. Doing so, I have now poor relationships with my panzer commanders...I understand them...
Here are some numbers (25th of August)


Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:35 pm
by olivier34
and the map, the 25th


Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:04 am
by olivier34
The past two days, I have played a lot despite real life [;)].

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:07 am
by olivier34
first time that I play vs the AI for so long. (even with DC1 or 2). I may finish this game !

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:09 am
by olivier34
I have the feeling that the soviet side must be fun to play. I hope that we can conduct some powerful counter attack by the end of August.

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:10 am
by olivier34
AGC

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:11 am
by olivier34
Moscou [8D]

Image

RE: First try vs AI on normal

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:12 am
by olivier34
AGS

Image