Page 2 of 2
RE: Interception of Transport Planes
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:00 am
by LoBaron
ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
However, I am going to reiterate that without a doubt the losses show up as A2A and not Ops. Likewise with flak losses from enemy flak at the destination - they show up as flak.
Indeed. CAP the destination base of outbound (i.e. Transport) missions and losses will show up as A2A. CAP the homebase of outbound and the result will be an increase of op losses.
RE: Interception of Transport Planes
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:13 pm
by SqzMyLemon
ORIGINAL: LoBaron
LRCAP against transports works as advertised. The effectiveness significantly decreases with mission range though. There was a bug with LRCAP not engaging transports effectively due to incorrect range calculations. Michael fixed it in one of the betas about 12-18 months ago IIRC.
I'm playing a stock game and I hope this isn't the reason why I've been unable to interdict Japanese transports flying troops out from right under my nose. In eight months, using CAP, LRCAP, day/night and various altitude settings over destination bases, I have not caused a single transport loss to my knowledge.
RE: Interception of Transport Planes
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:03 pm
by obvert
ORIGINAL: SqzMyLemon
ORIGINAL: LoBaron
LRCAP against transports works as advertised. The effectiveness significantly decreases with mission range though. There was a bug with LRCAP not engaging transports effectively due to incorrect range calculations. Michael fixed it in one of the betas about 12-18 months ago IIRC.
I'm playing a stock game and I hope this isn't the reason why I've been unable to interdict Japanese transports flying troops out from right under my nose. In eight months, using CAP, LRCAP, day/night and various altitude settings over destination bases, I have not caused a single transport loss to my knowledge.
You have!
We are also playing a recent beta, so the fix is included.
RE: Interception of Transport Planes
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:49 pm
by Alpha77
LR CAP vs. transport works - atleast 1 hex from pegu to rangoon and yes,they hsow as air to air losses (that is the transports were flying to rangoon).. but it height of both parties is a factor too