Page 2 of 2

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:13 pm
by ncc1701e
Ah Larry, glad you are back! Was in long weekend and just seeing your posts now.
Welcome back!!!

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:25 pm
by larryfulkerson
Yeah, I guess I'm back to stay. I'm cranking out another AAR, hope-ing that they
will want to publish it too. Got my fingers crossed.

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:32 am
by larryfulkerson
ORIGINAL: fogger
Did you get your ear looked at?
ORIGINAL larry dude
The on-call nurse finally called me and said that they earliest they could get me in would be in September
and did I want to just go to a civilian doctor and let the VA pay for it? I said yeah, sure, that works for me.
And she said she would get the VA's civilian dermatologist contractor to give me a call within the next two weeks.
That was day before yesterday. I'll be really surprised if any body calls.
Hey you guys........an update: The TriWest representative called me and said July 12 would be open at
13:00 and did I want an appointment then. So I'm going to get a ride into the Doctor's office and finally
get my ear looked at. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:58 pm
by larryfulkerson
The nurse from Dr. Bennett's office just called me. She said that the biopsy on the
thing growing on my right ear was not cancerous. What you call "Bee Nine". So I'm
in the clear. Just so you know.

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:54 pm
by RealChuckB
ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

The nurse from Dr. Bennett's office just called me. She said that the biopsy on the
thing growing on my right ear was not cancerous. What you call "Bee Nine". So I'm
in the clear. Just so you know.


Very good to hear (especially after hearing way too much of the opposite around me lately) - "benign" is the term you are aiming for in these cases and its a very good reason to be happy and thankful!

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:09 pm
by Meyer1
Nice to hear, Larry.

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:02 am
by ncc1701e
ORIGINAL: Meyer1

Nice to hear, Larry.

+1000

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:02 am
by Tamas

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:45 pm
by Jeff Norton
Feel your pain, Larry - Just got out of the hospital myself - seems some bug got to my leg, infected it, and spent considerable time fighting it off. Must have fumbled a save roll, or something...

I was fine until they had to de-breed it - I really, REALLY, have empathy for burn patients now...

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:51 pm
by Steely Glint
Larry's experiences with the VA pretty well track those of mine and my friends.

Any of you who are naive enough to think that single-payer health care is a good idea should ask a veteran or a Native American about how government health care has worked out for them. Their answers will horrify you. Government-run health care is worse than the worse thing that you can imagine.

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:55 pm
by Steely Glint
Jeff: that's debride, not debreed. In theory they are removing matter from your wound that is infected or will prevent healing. I had my left arm burned pretty badly (WP) and went through it.

They can also do it via a whirlpool bath. That doesn't hurt nearly so much.

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:58 pm
by Steely Glint
I have this framed in my living room:

"In the career of glory one gains many things; the gout and medals, a pension and rheumatism. And also frozen feet, an arm or leg the less, a bullet lodged between two bones which the surgeons cannot extract. All of those bivouacs in the rain and snow, all the privations, all those fatigues experienced in your youth, you pay for when you grow old. Because one has suffered in years gone by, it is necessary to suffer more, which does not seem exactly fair." - Elzéar Blaze, Life In Napoleon's Army

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:57 pm
by RealChuckB
ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

Larry's experiences with the VA pretty well track those of mine and my friends.

Any of you who are naive enough to think that single-payer health care is a good idea should ask a veteran or a Native American about how government health care has worked out for them. Their answers will horrify you. Government-run health care is worse than the worse thing that you can imagine.

Probably not the right forum to start a discussion about these types of topics [;)]

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm
by larryfulkerson
The dermtologist, Dr. Bennet, removed the offending growth and sprayed the wound with some kind of polymer solution that promotes growth and
now it's two weeks later and there's no scar tissue, and the area is now new skin and looks great. I don't remember it ever hurting and as
a matter of fact it didn't itch much either. It worked out just fine. The VA did it right this time.

RE: Where is Larry?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:22 pm
by nnason
My parents and now I have found Medicare quite good. I have had excellent results with the VA for hearing, orthopedic, and gastro issues. Yes there are horror stories about the VA, Tricare and Medicare (all Government) but there are similar stories about most any health care system. Incidentally all of the European countries with single payer health care their people all live longer than we do in the USA. I agree this is not the forum to discuss so this will be my last post on this subject.