Page 2 of 2

RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:20 am
by terje439
ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore
ORIGINAL: terje439
ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore





Yeah, the original Star Wars Galaxies comes in 2nd. [:D]


Everquest > SWG?? Did you take a fall and land on your head recently? [:'(]

No, did you? [:'(]

Ok to be fair I'll give them equal billing with Everquest 1st as E does come before S. [:D]

To me SWG wins on the crafting system alone. Never seen such a complex system for crafting, with so many stats to take into consideration. The game sure had its issues, but did deserve a better fate than what it got (damn you Joe Smedley [:@]).

RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:46 am
by damageoutput
ORIGINAL: terje439

Star Wars Galaxies not mentioned, so atleast a post with major flaws [;)]

Yep maybe i really need to add this :D

ORIGINAL: zakblood

well keeps coming back and replying, so seems i was wrong maybe, not the first or last time either[:(]

and i'm no captain, highest army rank i ever got was staff Sargent[;)]

Hehe, is oke. oke Sargent !!! hahaa

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Everquest the first, first person MMPORG. [&o]

Still playing it too[8D]
Cheers
Jev

Well i should add it too i guess :D


RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 am
by Rising-Sun
Believe Ultima was the first MMORPG, then Everquest. EQ back in those days wasn't so bad, just couldn't find a roleplaying game to kick back and relax. World of Warcraft is pretty good now, I enjoyed it. I am always into RPPvP myself.

RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 am
by Jevhaddah_Slitherine
ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Believe Ultima was the first MMORPG, then Everquest. EQ back in those days wasn't so bad, just couldn't find a roleplaying game to kick back and relax. World of Warcraft is pretty good now, I enjoyed it. I am always into RPPvP myself.

EQ was the first, First Person MMPORG. [;)]

Ultima Online was look down I think.

Cheers
Jev

RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:33 am
by aaatoysandmore
ORIGINAL: terje439

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore
ORIGINAL: terje439




Everquest > SWG?? Did you take a fall and land on your head recently? [:'(]

No, did you? [:'(]

Ok to be fair I'll give them equal billing with Everquest 1st as E does come before S. [:D]

To me SWG wins on the crafting system alone. Never seen such a complex system for crafting, with so many stats to take into consideration. The game sure had its issues, but did deserve a better fate than what it got (damn you Joe Smedley [:@]).


Notice how both games got ruined though? Everquest got ruined with POK and SWG's got ruined with the NGE. EQ became a sissy casual game as well as SWG's and yes the crafting system in SWG's has no rival. The fear factor in the original EQ is what made it great though. Haven't seen an MMO like it since where you can lose all your gear if you die and can't get back to it in a certain amount of time. Loved that about it. You had to be nice to other players in that game because some places depended on other helping you to get your corpse and equipment back.

RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:06 pm
by Greybriar
EverQuest was the reason I got an internet connection in the first place. It was my favorite MMO and I played EQ for six years. What drove me away from EQ was that players were penalized for soloing.

My next favorite MMORPG was World of WarCraft. I have played it for over twelve years now and I still play it occasionally.

The best online game I have ever played was Ultima Online. But the PvP in it was too much for me--I got tired of getting ganked. Also, I logged in one day to find that my account had been wiped--everything I had was gone including my characters. So I said goodbye to UO and haven't played it since. [:@]

RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:38 pm
by Lecivius
I loved the crafting in SWG. I had one of the largest businesses on Corbantis. Good times we probably will never see again [:(] MMO's anymore are grind to a max level, then grind the same stuff repeatedly for better 'gear' [:(]

RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:42 pm
by Jevhaddah_Slitherine
What I liked about EQ was that yoo had to really think before yoo acted, getting yerself killed and respawning naked made yoo think twice before yoo too the plunge. Some of the best times I had on EQ was on corpse runs[:D]. I agree it was not designed for the solo player and not getting any xp from quests was a pain. EQ is still running and yoo can play for free, I have a free account and dip into it from time to time, it's also much better for soloing.

Cheers

Jev

RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:09 pm
by aaatoysandmore
ORIGINAL: Lecivius

I loved the crafting in SWG. I had one of the largest businesses on Corbantis. Good times we probably will never see again [:(] MMO's anymore are grind to a max level, then grind the same stuff repeatedly for better 'gear' [:(]

That's the problem with just about all MMO's if not all the constant grind to get higher level so you can get higher gear to get higher levels to get higher gear to etc. etc. It's why I like Guild Wars as everyone gets the same gear an instead it's about skill using that gear. Though it's another that gets kinda boring because once you have that top gear there's nothing to strive for anymore but playing the same ole pvp battles and teams over n over.

The thing about EQ that made it better than most is it was an Everquest. There is so much to do in that game you will never do it all. Some epic quests are just that and take you all over the world of EQ to get the resources you need to complete the quest. It was and is a real life adventure. Plus you can solo it now all the way up to level 65 and even after if you are careful. You also don't have to sit as much as you used to before attacking something else. The old content is dead as just not many playing it anymore.
It's still the ole hack n slash for better loot though as most of them are.

When MMO's were new though EQ and SWG were the tops. Now there are so many and they are all alike trying to get your money with the free to play lure when it takes money to get the good stuff.

RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:51 pm
by terje439
ORIGINAL: Lecivius

I loved the crafting in SWG. I had one of the largest businesses on Corbantis. Good times we probably will never see again [:(] MMO's anymore are grind to a max level, then grind the same stuff repeatedly for better 'gear' [:(]

I too was a crafter (Master Bio Engineer/Master Tailor). Just before the game servers were taken down, I played the game for a week or so, still saw people wearing my clothes and riding my mounts. That was kinda neat tbh.