Page 2 of 2

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:21 am
by U2
Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
Just did, must have choosen the correct "U2", if you also provided your name correctly. There are a coupld of them.

Add me via "Marcks", you´ll see which one looking at the email adress ;)


Yes I was surprised that there were so many copycats out there with "my" name!;)

Anyway I send you an invitation. You can find me by looking for my email dpalb02@student.vxu.se and search for U2.

Now look out for a guy from Sweden that will make bratwurst out of you for fun:D

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:25 am
by runes
i really don't find the game particularly fun. it doesnt compare to the first wolfenstein MP demo (storming the beach. holy **** that was one of the best demos EVER) or even the Spearhead demo, which totally kicks. very blah if i do say so. i cant kill anyone. lol, im horrible at it. but it just doesnt feel like im shooting anything.

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:38 am
by Wild Bill
Thanks Marc!

I'll definitely get it with my Wal-Mart discount...WB

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:29 pm
by Marc von Martial
to the first wolfenstein MP demo (storming the beach. holy **** that was one of the best demos EVER)


Do you mix this up with Medal of Honor ?

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:40 pm
by Wallenstein
I haven´t played Medal of Honor, but "the beach" is imho the best Wolfenstein map.
It was available as a downloadable demo-teaser before the release.

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:45 pm
by runes
nope, i do mean wolfenstein. crap, that beach map ruled.

i can remember saving the day as an enginerr, blowing the hole in the seawall, or dangerously defending the american checkpoint, down to my last bullets as jerry poure through. or having the BEST (bar none) sniper fightouts, or camper-killing fests. definately one of the most enjoyable games (at least that map) i have played in quite some time.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:19 pm
by Marc von Martial
Is that map somwhere around, excuse my dumb question but I have never really cared about RTCW except for buying the game and playing it singleplayer ;)

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:23 pm
by Belisarius
Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
Is that map somwhere around, excuse my dumb question but I have never really cared about RTCW except for buying the game and playing it singleplayer ;)


Marc, I think you've missed out on something.

It's for the MP mode that RTCW has earned its accolades. :) It's not even developed by the same group, ID software outsourced the MP modelling and the result is spectacular.

Don't know from what engine W:ET lends its talents.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:38 pm
by Marc von Martial
Marc, I think you've missed out on something.


Missed? Well people still play it I take it ;) , problem is that I didn´t have time for MP when I played RTCW. I´ll gove ii a try sooner or later.

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:52 am
by runes
hmmm, dunno if i can help you out at all, but, all i remember, is this beach map was the first glimpse of the new wolfenstein. a while ago, when all this hubbub was around about "the new wolfenstein" coming out. everyone's favourite game about killing nazis was being remade, and uses the (quake 3?) engine. we saw wonderful screenshots of sexy femi-nazi dominatrixes, zombies, flamethrower (with spectacular effects) wielding chemical suited enemies. and then the demo was released, it was an mp demo, which i was initially bummed about, but it turned out to rock and roll... crap did it ever.

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:03 am
by riverbravo
Whoa .just downloaded and played The new Wofenstein.Real cool,the beach map in this one is just as good as RTCW.

This one has some real cool maps and a 42 to lug around and you can get in the prone position.

I like it.

Play the covert ops dude and steal an enemy uniform and cause havoc!!!

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:32 pm
by The MSG
Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
As for MOHAA, I learned quick to play on the "Realism" servers, much more fun there. And people don´t camp or jump that much there.


Well, "camping" is not that uncommon in real combat though. ;)

In MOHAA I like to set up my "territory" and hold it. This includes developing anti-anti-"camping" tactics!

Bloody wallhackers suck arse though...

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:40 pm
by The MSG
And btw, if you guys like MP, have you tried Tribes/Tribes2?

Its a Sci-fi MP FPS with jump packs and stuff, but REALLY fun (and cheaters are few and far between).

Tribes2 includes a multi-crew tank (driver/gunner) and bomber (pilot/bombardier-gunner/tailgunner), deployable turrets and modifiable stationary turrets. A quick command map/overview tactical display. The maps are HUGE, it can take a couple of minutes to fly your bomber from one end of the map to the other at 300kmh...

Remember, always carry flares! Missilry lock on! ;):D