Page 2 of 2

Re: Recombine losses WAD?????

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:58 am
by Denniss
Now I see it, changes to pioneer squads, from 73 to 60
If this is a reduction to cap from OB I don't see this as good solution. AFAIR in WitE there was no meltdown of over-capped elements unless they were over 125% and that worked ok.

Re: Recombine losses WAD?????

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:59 am
by Zovs
I found the lost unit sin the Active Pool, I keep searching for damaged for some reason (my thick headedness), but they are there.

Re: Recombine losses WAD?????

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:30 pm
by xhoel
Denniss wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:58 am Now I see it, changes to pioneer squads, from 73 to 60
If this is a reduction to cap from OB I don't see this as good solution. AFAIR in WitE there was no meltdown of over-capped elements unless they were over 125% and that worked ok.
I agree with Denniss: This isnt a good solution. Might need to increase the cap to 125%.

Re: Recombine losses WAD?????

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:38 pm
by Jango32
After some testing with Stamb's assistance I believe the culprit is the max TOE setting. Upon merging the regiments into a division, excess TOE elements (over max 100% TOE) will be sent back into the active pool. Strangely enough it doesn't seem to impact divisions when max TOE is set to 50 for example.

Whatever the case it, it would appear that max TOE is the reason behind this. It also happens in the .32 patch and probably happens even in earlier patches. This can be easily tested with the over-TOE Panzer divisions and over-TOE infantry divisions (like 253rd) on scenario start.

What's also interesting is that 1st Panzer starts with 52 AT rifles. Regimenting + merging several times should lead to a decrease of 6 armored cars and 2 machine gun TOE elements. But somehow 50 of those 52 AT rifles also disappear.

Re: Recombine losses WAD?????

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:00 am
by Joel Billings
This has been around since release of the game. Pavel has taken a look and marked it fixed, but I don't know exactly what he did to improve it. Whatever he did will be in the next beta, due out in 1-2 weeks.