Page 2 of 2
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:30 am
by Tristanjohn
ORIGINAL: pasternakski
What else? Anyone? Anyone?
Really, I guess, my two biggest concerns are that I don't want to have to restart again - ever- because of a new patch, and I don't want any more new patches that have to be re-patched to fix what broke in the patching process.
Bugs? Units don't load properly on ships sometimes. There's still the ghost TF problem. I recombined one of my divisions finally from v1.4 and found that it immediately swelled to twice its intended TOE! Those three occur to me right away, and I've only played twenty turns with Mogami so far, and less with Joe in my first PBEM game. No doubt other stuff will crop up.
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:36 am
by Naskra
You think you got bugs? I got Chinese cavalrymen appearing in Borneo and entire divisions washed out with the tide.
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:11 am
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Naskra
You think you got bugs? I got Chinese cavalrymen appearing in Borneo and entire divisions washed out with the tide.
The guys that got washed out with the tide swam their horses to Borneo...[:D]
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:14 am
by pasternakski
ORIGINAL: Tristanjohn
ORIGINAL: pasternakski
Bugs? Units don't load properly on ships sometimes. There's still the ghost TF problem. I recombined one of my divisions finally from v1.4 and found that it immediately swelled to twice its intended TOE! Those three occur to me right away, and I've only played twenty turns with Mogami so far, and less with Joe in my first PBEM game. No doubt other stuff will crop up.
Units have never loaded properly on ships unless you take it one unit at a time. It's a big pain in the butt, but it's not a bug. You're right, though, there's plenty of the little buggers still out there...
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:27 am
by m10bob
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Naskra
You think you got bugs? I got Chinese cavalrymen appearing in Borneo and entire divisions washed out with the tide.
The guys that got washed out with the tide swam their horses to Borneo...[:D]
***************Chinese sea horses ???? *****************[&:]
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:17 am
by Tristanjohn
ORIGINAL: Naskra
You think you got bugs? I got Chinese cavalrymen appearing in Borneo and entire divisions washed out with the tide.
I'm not surprised. [8D]
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:25 am
by Tristanjohn
ORIGINAL: pasternakski
ORIGINAL: Tristanjohn
Bugs? Units don't load properly on ships sometimes. There's still the ghost TF problem. I recombined one of my divisions finally from v1.4 and found that it immediately swelled to twice its intended TOE! Those three occur to me right away, and I've only played twenty turns with Mogami so far, and less with Joe in my first PBEM game. No doubt other stuff will crop up.
Units have never loaded properly on ships unless you take it one unit at a time. It's a big pain in the butt, but it's not a bug. You're right, though, there's plenty of the little buggers still out there...
I think I know all there is to know about loading troops on ships. I always take it slow.
Nobody plays as anally as I play. I check everything. And then like the jolly old man I check it twice.
It is a bug, and it wasn't there in v1.4.
I've screenshots but I haven't bothered to post them yet. Maybe I will tonight if I can get my next move to Mogami out fast.
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:01 am
by pasternakski
ORIGINAL: Tristanjohn
I think I know all there is to know ... I've screenshots but I haven't bothered to post them yet.
Now, this I can't wait to see.
Anyway, this is the problem I think needs to be looked into:

RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:31 am
by Halsey
Please pasternakski, don't egg him on.[;)]
You know TJ loves taking the podium.[:D]
I have to say, in all the turns I've played I've never seen this one.
What ARE you guys doing to your LCU's![:D]
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:45 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: pasternakski
ORIGINAL: Tristanjohn
I think I know all there is to know ... I've screenshots but I haven't bothered to post them yet.
Now, this I can't wait to see.
Anyway, this is the problem I think needs to be looked into:
Lot's of sound and fury going had been going on in another thread about this. So far the mods keep saying (iirc) - "it's a replay bug" - despite the fact that UNLESS they are dropping torpedoes, they couldn't possibly damage the BBs they hit (and flooded), and also, they couldn't possibly carry torpedoes at the extended range the ships were hit at.
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:46 pm
by pasternakski
This is what comes of teaching science by television.
RE: Are we done yet??
Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:30 pm
by Halsey
Help Mr Wizard![:D][:D][:D]