Page 2 of 3

RE: Steel Panthers: World at War v8.40 Update Released

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:22 pm
by chief
FWIW Department:[&:]

Just tried a few minutes of Desert Fox, with C&C ON, no problems noted. As for further info it was on a win95b comp and using the ver 8.4 Depot Mods. Started the Mega Camp from scratch.

FWIW DEPARTMENT[:D]

RE: Steel Panthers: World at War v8.40 Update Released

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:46 pm
by johnhulten
I'm running XP with SP2. I was late into a campaign of Mega Campaign Afrika Korps using CC. After installing 8.4 over 8.3 the game kept crashing to the desktop when I tried to select a unit after the game opened to A0.
I started a new Lost Victories Mega Campaign and left CC on. Same crashing problem. After reading these posts I went back to my saved Afrika Korps Mega Campaign and switched CC off. I could then move from unit to unit using the N key without a crash. I didn't do anything else because I enjoy CC and hope it will soom be fixed.

RE: Steel Panthers: World at War v8.40 Update Released

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:43 am
by slyone
ORIGINAL: johnhulten

I'm running XP with SP2. I was late into a campaign of Mega Campaign Afrika Korps using CC. After installing 8.4 over 8.3 the game kept crashing to the desktop when I tried to select a unit after the game opened to A0.
I started a new Lost Victories Mega Campaign and left CC on. Same crashing problem. After reading these posts I went back to my saved Afrika Korps Mega Campaign and switched CC off. I could then move from unit to unit using the N key without a crash. I didn't do anything else because I enjoy CC and hope it will soom be fixed.

Exactly the same problem. I tried it on Lost Victories and Watchtower.

RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:12 pm
by wolf2776
[&:]I'm having a bit of a problem with 8.4. In the long WWII campaign. in amphibious landing scenarios, the LST's start out on land and the enemy forces drown in the ocean. Sure makes landings easy!
Thanks

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:18 am
by Alby
This may be a stupid question but, did you have the right country doing the assualting?
I mean the right "arrow" clicked.

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:58 pm
by wolf2776
Is there an arrow to click in the long WWII campaign or are you thinking of the generator or editor?

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:15 pm
by Alby
yes I was thinking of Battle generator...my bad...[:(]

which countries were being used?
sometimes if you pick a year and country that dont jive...wierd things will happen.

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:07 pm
by wolf2776
Playing US Army, Dec 41. It has not just happened on one scenario, it happens on every amphibious landing (three so far). Those forts sure look funny floating in the ocean.

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:44 pm
by Alby
Wierd...[X(]
I dont know for sure...
I did some testing....I can't even get a beach assualt so far!!...LOL
figures huh?

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:49 pm
by johnhulten
I played the first scenario of the Long Campaign (since I couldn't continue or start my Mega Campaigns with CC on - see above). I was attacking the French. My landing craft were in the water. I landed and deployed, took the victory hexes and waited. Not one French unit showed up for the entire 30+ turns. A hard fought decicive victory? Or is this "Surrender Monkey" realism?

In the second scenario the Italians are putting up a fight.


RE: Steel Panthers: World at War v8.40 Update Released

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:58 am
by Mike Wood
Hello...

Will look at, as soon as have time.

Thanks...

Michael Wood
ORIGINAL: wolf2776

Playing US Army, Dec 41. It has not just happened on one scenario, it happens on every amphibious landing (three so far). Those forts sure look funny floating in the ocean.

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:33 pm
by robot
It sounds like maybe you all didnt do a fresh install. Maybe you did not uninstall a previous version of spwaw and just put 8 over nother lower version.

Also you say your playing the first battle of long campaign and its an assault against the french. What country are you playing and what year did you start it in.

Ive only had one beach landing and i think it was us army in 1942 vs french. But i saw the french although they were very weak fighters and ran a lot. The guns from my ships chased a lot of them away towards the rear before i moved into the baech.

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:29 pm
by Mike Wood
Hello...

Playing the Americans, you will most likely have beach landings at Safi (vs. the French), Salerno (vs. the Germans or Italians) and Normandy (vs. the Germans).

Bye...

Michael Wood
ORIGINAL: robot

It sounds like maybe you all didnt do a fresh install. Maybe you did not uninstall a previous version of spwaw and just put 8 over nother lower version.

Also you say your playing the first battle of long campaign and its an assault against the french. What country are you playing and what year did you start it in.

Ive only had one beach landing and i think it was us army in 1942 vs french. But i saw the french although they were very weak fighters and ran a lot. The guns from my ships chased a lot of them away towards the rear before i moved into the baech.

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:51 pm
by wolf2776
I did a clean install of 8.3 then 8.4 over the top. Playing US Army and selected Africa. 1st scenario was amphib. landing against french. Did two additional landings, both in Europe against Germams. My LST's set up on land. I moved them to sea but all enemy must have been set at sea as only the forts didn't drown? They were floating around in the ocean. No resistance on land. No enemy seen (except for floating forts).

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:11 pm
by Mike Wood
Hello...

Will look at, as soon as have time.

Thanks...

Michael Wood
ORIGINAL: wolf2776

I did a clean install of 8.3 then 8.4 over the top. Playing US Army and selected Africa. 1st scenario was amphib. landing against french. Did two additional landings, both in Europe against Germams. My LST's set up on land. I moved them to sea but all enemy must have been set at sea as only the forts didn't drown? They were floating around in the ocean. No resistance on land. No enemy seen (except for floating forts).

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:02 am
by haruntaiwan
I just downloaded the game, played the tutorials and started a few scenarios.

Now I am playing the campaign "Italians at War."

Is it my own lack of skill, or do the Italians just suck? I can't seem to win, though second time around I improved a lot.

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:41 am
by VikingNo2
The Italians are difficult to play, but it can be done don't for get to buy a couple command tents they help out greatly[;)]

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:59 pm
by IBTyrone
Italians suck pretty bad but I play them religiously anyways. Call me stupid. If you want gamey, play the late-war US with lots of arty or the Germans with their armor. With the Italians, I've learned to buy lots of companies with COs for extra rallying capability. Viking's suggestion is a good one, but I don't think command tents are necessarily something I would want as part of my core in a campaign. I'd rather have a company CO.

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:06 pm
by Alby
ORIGINAL: IBTyrone

Italians suck pretty bad but I play them religiously anyways. Call me stupid. If you want gamey, play the late-war US with lots of arty or the Germans with their armor. With the Italians, I've learned to buy lots of companies with COs for extra rallying capability. Viking's suggestion is a good one, but I don't think command tents are necessarily something I would want as part of my core in a campaign. I'd rather have a company CO.

IB...have you looked at Mau Foxes Italian OOB mod??
Im sure the Italians are much more realistic in it.
I know it is included in the Depot Multi Mod...Not sure if he posted it as a single oob mod or not. [&:]

RE: RE:v8.4 amphibious landings?

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:40 am
by Maciste
Where can I download the new mech?