Page 12 of 21
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:32 pm
by Tophat1815
Have encountered a problem I foolishly loaded 2 units onto a transport but they were not in a divisional container and now they are trapped on the ship. I see no way to get them off the transport........as it happened this turn and i am not at war with or fighting anyone can I exit this turn and restart my turn? This was the second unit I had moved so virtually the beginning of my turn?
Not loading the 2 nondivisional units onto the transport in the first place seems the only way to get them off the ship. Comments?
Never-mind I redid the turn and am posting it to dropbox. Just wanted to let everybody know what happened.
Turn posted for CB.....old turn moved into old turn file. Again sorry about the screwup.
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:32 pm
by hadley
Hey Tophat1812!
Just a point of clarification for future reference. Where you trying to load and then unload on the same turn? I'm not big on amphibious operations, but if this is the case, I believe that you can only do one or the other on a turn. IE ~ If you loaded this turn, you would have to wait until the next turn to disembark your troops. I don't think it has anything to do with not being assigned a division. Can anyone else confirm or deny? Either way, somebody's going to learn something. [:)]
Happy Hunting! ~ Hadley aka Doug aka Das Reich aka lowly recruit
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:59 pm
by Tophat1815
You might be right and it takes a turn to unload. I saw I'd loaded them both on a transport,and there was no container holding them other than the ship(division)so they wouldn't be able to land by themselves anywhere. I tried to "unload" them into another division but when you click on them you get the unit type description only. So I thought the only way without these guys being stuck forever on this transport was to not load them in the first place..so restarted the turn.
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:46 pm
by Casus_Belli
Turn done. Harley's away until the end of the week.
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:10 pm
by LazyBoy
Turn done to We
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:34 am
by Casus_Belli
Sorry everyone [:(], Honeycone701 is away on a school camp until Friday evening Australian time (about 50 hours from the time of this post). I'll get him to do the turn as soon as he gets back.
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 am
by Spartan07
Turn to Bob!
Mike - Nego
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:42 pm
by hadley
Anybody heard from Jagular? [>:]
~ Doug
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 pm
by Tophat1815
Nope......give it another day or so?
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:02 am
by Spartan07
Ive lost contact with him in another game... No contact for over a week. Hope he is ok...
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 pm
by hadley
Random thought by Hadley...
It occurs to me that perhaps the best way to speed up the pace of this game is to eliminate the slower players.

Who's with me?!?!
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:26 am
by Spartan07
One of the problems with this game is notification. This site is very flakey about notifying an update to the thread so I never know when its my turn. In other ATG gamesI easily turn round 2 and three turns a day but am struggling to catch here when I am due.
I propose a new turn handover procedure as the best I have used uses emails only. It requires a game email with all players email addresses on it. When you complete your turn you send a broadcast email to all players at once saying turn done and sent to next player. Another email simply sends the file to the next player due. Evereyone gets notification guaranteed as it happens. You can post to dropbox if you like and just send a single notification email to all. Posting to the thred just doesnt work, for me anyhow.
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:41 pm
by hadley
Greetings, All!
I've kinda taken it upon myself to send out e-mail reminders to players who haven't responded to their turns being up after about 48 hours. This is the response that I received today after sending such an e-mail to Bob (aka Jagular).
Hi,
I'm Wendy, Bob's daughter. He is staying in the hospital. Last week they operated on him. He had an abcess in his head, by the brain. Now we're looking forward to months of recovery.
Just wanted to let you know... Thanks for the concerns.
Wendy
First off, everyone please say a prayer for Bob. You can send your well wishes to him at
bob.hellemons@ziggo.nl. His daughter seems to be monitoring his e-mail for him. Get well soon, Jagular!
Secondly, what do we do now? I hope I am wrong, but it doesn't sound as if he will be joining us for at least awhile. The ball seems to be in your court, Phil...
Hoping the best for Bob... ~ Hadley aka Doug
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:17 pm
by Tophat1815
Perhaps a restart of the campaign with the current players we have now? We save the the original Rise of nations campaign and get back to it later? Thats one set of options.
I just have a problem with cutting a guy out of a campaign due to him falling ill,my karma doesn't need the hit.
thoughts?
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:10 am
by SailingGuy
Sad news about Bob.
Who would be up for a restart? We'd have to scrap the alliances, and start from scratch.
Any other ideas?
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:22 pm
by hadley
You mean three turns and eight months down the drain?!?!

(Maybe it just seems like it...) [:)]
I'm willing to restart, but whatever we decide, let's just do it! Let's not take forever trying to make up our minds. Make a call, Phil! We'll back you! ("We" may end up being Me, Myself, and I, but we're good people.) If we do restart, is there anything we would change or implement, such as a time limit on playing your turn before you automatically get skipped? Just a hypothetical illustration...
Happy Hunting ...hopefully again real soon! Get Well, Bob! ~ Hadley aka Doug
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:40 am
by LazyBoy
I am happy to restart or carry on this game.
Hope you are better soon Bob
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 am
by Casus_Belli
I'm happy to restart. My karma ran over my dogma some time ago, and I haven't forgiven it. I, too, hope Bob gets well soon but, you know, life goes on. I wouldn't expect any different if it was me. Should we recruit a replacement to make it up to fourteen, though?
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:27 am
by SailingGuy
.
RE: 2012: Rise of Nations [RECRUITING PLAYERS]
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:40 pm
by 82ndtrooper
ill play again