Page 15 of 29

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:24 pm
by robpost3
...

Image

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:14 pm
by 11Bravo
Image

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:28 pm
by robpost3
Nice...ya know I have not flown a kite since I lived by the coast, oh about 6 years ago...gonna get one this spring...
...heres one fer you Bravo double french military:

Image

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:41 pm
by 11Bravo
That explains the yellow stripe...
 
But seriously, planning on building the one I posted.  It was used by downed pilots to fly an antenna for a small transmitter.  Saw one in the local museum. 

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:45 pm
by robpost3
That explains the yellow stripe...


heres a site thats interesting:
http://www.inquiry.net/outdoor/spring/kites/25kites.htm

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:48 pm
by 11Bravo
#17 Looks about it...thanks for posting that site. 

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:04 pm
by tc237
ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior
I accept US strategy without ANY criticism after 1991 till the invasion of Iraq. Not before or after.

IIRC there wasn't much US strategy during this time.
Unless you call ignoring the barbarians at the gate a strategy.
or fucking interns in the oval office.

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:08 pm
by Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: tc237

IIRC there wasn't much US strategy during this time.
Unless you call ignoring the barbarians at the gate a strategy.
or fucking interns in the oval office.

He just likes the fact that Clinton was keen on trouncing the Serbs.

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:16 pm
by Rune Iversen
Another favoriet plane:
 
Image
 
[:'(]

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 pm
by Oleg Mastruko
ORIGINAL: Smead
I rest my case.

I suppose the two of you know where each other's villages are.[;)]

Well kind of, but since we both belong to the same "Balkan tribe" we don't fit very well in your "tribe vs tribe knife in hand" theories.

World is more complex than that though I certainly don't expect you to understand it.

I rarely read Mario/Monkeys brain posts in entirety.....

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 pm
by Ursa MAior
ORIGINAL: Rune Iversen

ORIGINAL: tc237

IIRC there wasn't much US strategy during this time.
Unless you call ignoring the barbarians at the gate a strategy.
or fucking interns in the oval office.

He just likes the fact that Clinton was keen on trouncing the Serbs.

Speak for yourself only, if an explanation has to be done I'll do it myself. I said what I said if one needs explanation here is one. Bush Sr's and Clinton's foreign policy was sound,as was Jr's till 2003 march.


RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:41 pm
by Oleg Mastruko
ORIGINAL: Monkeys Brain
Oleg,

One more thing. This thing about disgrace.

Mate you never NEVER change. Mile-long posts, that I for one don't have patience to read.

I just did what I had to do. If you post here on behalf of some "club" (or nation, or region, or humanity, or species) that by chance includes ME and I happen to disagree with you (as I staunchly disagree with you on 4th reich remarks) I feel obliged to distance myself from you. It's as simple as that.


RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:43 pm
by Ursa MAior
ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85
A venture that most of the world decided to sit out and let the US handle. Yes the USSR would have eventually collapsed but how much longer would it have taken without US intervention? Before the USSR collapse how many people would have predicted it?

There was a french expert in socialogy, Emmanuel Todd, who predicted its fall in 1975. He also wrote a book Apres l'empire.[;)]. NATO SEATO ANZUS allies have comitted themselves heavily too so you are completely mistaken. It was the Free World unquestionably led by the US who brought communism down.

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:50 pm
by Knuckles_85
ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85
A venture that most of the world decided to sit out and let the US handle. Yes the USSR would have eventually collapsed but how much longer would it have taken without US intervention? Before the USSR collapse how many people would have predicted it?

There was a french expert in socialogy, Emmanuel Todd, who predicted its fall in 1975. He also wrote a book Apres l'empire.[;)]. NATO SEATO ANZUS allies have comitted themselves heavily too so you are completely mistaken. It was the Free World unquestionably led by the US who brought communism down.
Outside of the US who really contributed? How much did the countries within NATO truly contributed to NATO? Afghanistan proves what kinda a fraud NATO was. Hell the French proved it was a fraud with that I'm in oh wait no I'm not well maybe bs they pulled.

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:14 pm
by pauk
ORIGINAL: Smead

and he's more intelligent than all of us with the exception of Vebber.

well i must admit that he is more inteligent than most of you - but at the other hand that is not that is not a hard task[:D]...



RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:15 pm
by Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85
Outside of the US who really contributed? How much did the countries within NATO truly contributed to NATO? Afghanistan proves what kinda a fraud NATO was. Hell the French proved it was a fraud with that I'm in oh wait no I'm not well maybe bs they pulled.

Most of the european states provided relatively large mobilization forces of differing quality and equipment to defend their immediate areas during the Cold War (in this case Germany first and then their respective home countries). Countries directly in the line of battle (Germany, denmark, Norway) also had to retain most of their forces for anti-invasion and home defence duty.

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:21 pm
by hawker
Yes,SSSR collapsed. Now,you have Putin Russia which will be stronger then SSSR ever was.
Russia is far richest country in natural wealth(if i say this right),right now Russia blackmailing whole Europe with oil and gas,if R. close oil pipes,prizes for gasoline etc. will go to sky.
Within 20 years Russia will became superpower again and far more superior then SSSR ever was,not by weapons,they have more deadlier weapon now-energetic.
I must say that i dont understand why US want to put Patriot missiles in Slovakia and Poland. That is play with fire.
Because of Iran??Dont make me laugh,Iran weaponry are close to pathetic.
If US do that,Russia will probably made again dreaded short and medium range missiles,from that missiles there is no defence,and you only need few lunatics on both sides to press little buttons and all would go to hell.

Sorry if i move away from topic[8D]

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:26 pm
by Monkeys Brain
ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko
ORIGINAL: Monkeys Brain
Oleg,

One more thing. This thing about disgrace.

Mate you never NEVER change. Mile-long posts, that I for one don't have patience to read.

I just did what I had to do. If you post here on behalf of some "club" (or nation, or region, or humanity, or species) that by chance includes ME and I happen to disagree with you (as I staunchly disagree with you on 4th reich remarks) I feel obliged to distance myself from you. It's as simple as that.



Well, no problem, distance as much as you want but your way is not good and that's why I have reacted.

First however drastic telling that USA is Fourth Reich is just another opinion. You may agree and you may disagree.

They are even pacting with Russia just like Hitler did LOL LOL LOL :-)))

It was not Germany, Croatia, Finland or Ukraine or Thailand invading Iraq but USA. Which have brought not good opinion on USA in many countries around the world. Even within USA there is opposition to this policy of United States.
Who needs to agree, I am stating my opinion and that's it.

Let them just stay in their border and not mess up with affairs of other countries and NOBODY WILL CALL THEM FOURTH REICH.

And in fact I am third reich fan boy so this is not so drastic to me (only in military affairs of course).

YOu are just jumping too much on some words, those thousand and thousand dead in Iraq cannot do even that. And one more thing as I said USA didn't made world war and didn't killed 6 milion jews etc... That is a big difference. But they did meddle in affairs of other countries which "magically" they feel need that we thank them for it! The world as imperfect as it is just don't need this world policeman who is no. 1 polutioner on Earth so it would be wiser that they work on that instead bending and twisting other countries just to suit their interest. They have big enough county and if they want to make war and play war - plenty of desert in Arisona for a big paintball match.

So in fact I didn't say anything wrong in my book of course, drastic yes. Even at that Americans will woke up themselves. So nobody should be so upset on few words. I am free to tell what I think, better than to keep it for myself.

edir: and btw, yeah it is really funny that is digraceful to say that USA is Fourth Reich and at the same it ironnically it kind of cool (?) to invade some country and kill 100000 people (just in 1991.) That is WAY COOL! Really!






RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:28 pm
by pauk
we are going to hell before that anyways....

global warming, GMO...etc, etc....

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:58 pm
by sprior
ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85

How exactly is the US like the other 3 Reichs? It's gonna be interesting how you're gonna tie The Holy Roman Empire, Wilhem's Germany, and the Nazis with the US.

"Two wrongs don't make a reich" AJP Taylor.