Page 16 of 29
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 pm
by Smead
ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85
ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior
ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85
A venture that most of the world decided to sit out and let the US handle. Yes the USSR would have eventually collapsed but how much longer would it have taken without US intervention? Before the USSR collapse how many people would have predicted it?
There was a french expert in socialogy, Emmanuel Todd, who predicted its fall in 1975. He also wrote a book Apres l'empire.[;)]. NATO SEATO ANZUS allies have comitted themselves heavily too so you are completely mistaken. It was the Free World unquestionably led by the US who brought communism down.
Outside of the US who really contributed? How much did the countries within NATO truly contributed to NATO? Afghanistan proves what kinda a fraud NATO was. Hell the French proved it was a fraud with that I'm in oh wait no I'm not well maybe bs they pulled.
NATO was viable up to the end of the Cold War, though French arrogance didn't help.
Afterwards, they haven't kept up their capabilities, not only regarding numbers, but in technology level as well.
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:17 pm
by Dixie
ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85
Afghanistan proves what kinda a fraud NATO was. Hell the French proved it was a fraud with that I'm in oh wait no I'm not well maybe bs they pulled.
As we know NATO was intended to combat the Soviets, the situation in Afghanistan is far removed from it's intended role. Outside of the British army how many other member countries have the experience of long term 'policing' provided by Northern Ireland? Even that is a long way removed from the situation in Afghanistan.
I agree with the French comments, they were a part of NATO only as long as it suited them [:-]
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:20 pm
by Smead
ORIGINAL: Monkeys Brain
ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko
ORIGINAL: Monkeys Brain
Oleg,
One more thing. This thing about disgrace.
Mate you never NEVER change. Mile-long posts, that I for one don't have patience to read.
I just did what I had to do. If you post here on behalf of some "club" (or nation, or region, or humanity, or species) that by chance includes ME and I happen to disagree with you (as I staunchly disagree with you on 4th reich remarks) I feel obliged to distance myself from you. It's as simple as that.
edir: and btw, yeah it is really funny that is digraceful to say that USA is Fourth Reich and at the same it ironnically it kind of cool (?) to invade some country and kill 100000 people (just in 1991.) That is WAY COOL! Really!
1991??!!
Are you speaking of the UNO authorized Coalition action to evict Iraqi Forces from Kuwait after they had invaded that country???
A coalition composed not only of American, British and French Forces, but Arab units as well, as well as numerous other countries.
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:36 pm
by SMK-at-work
Despite all this, my favourite WW2 aeroplane is STILL the Spitfire [:'(]
Although the tubby twosome are pretty cool too!

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 am
by sprior
I like the Lanc.

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:33 am
by Neilster
How about this Luftwaffe paper plane? The artist is Tim Cameron.
http://www.luft46.com/fw/fw1000b.html
Cheers, Neilster

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:39 am
by Monkeys Brain
[/quote]
1991??!!
Are you speaking of the UNO authorized Coalition action to evict Iraqi Forces from Kuwait after they had invaded that country???
A coalition composed not only of American, British and French Forces, but Arab units as well, as well as numerous other countries.
[/quote]
Again reason is black gold, called oil [:D]
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:39 am
by Neilster
Or this? The Triebflugel.
http://www.luft46.com/fw/fwtrieb.html
Cheers, Neilster

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:27 am
by sven
Hey Neilster, I am particularly in favor of the Mig-31 as seen in Firefox, an airplane no less real than any of those artist concepts.....
always charming that AlliedFan deals in "real planes" and a portion of AxisFan busts out George Lucas' favorite designs left on the cutting room floor.....
I am a F-8F4, Non-Nuetered P-39, P-51, Spitfire kind of guy myself....
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 am
by Neilster
ORIGINAL: sven
Hey Neilster, I am particularly in favor of the Mig-31 as seen in Firefox, an airplane no less real than any of those artist concepts.....
always charming that AlliedFan deals in "real planes" and a portion of AxisFan busts out George Lucas' favorite designs left on the cutting room floor.....
I am a F-8F4, Non-Nuetered P-39, P-51, Spitfire kind of guy myself....
I posted some Allied and operational planes before. I just thought the artwork of these "Luft 46" designs was good. I really like Allied X-planes too.
Here's 3 more aircraft. The He 219, The P-63 Kingcobra and the Westland Whirlwind.
Cheers, Neilster

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:11 am
by tc237
Very nice Neilster
B-26 Marauder: Gotta love those smooth lines.

Checkout the Bombardier, smokin a Marlboro

I FOUND IT!! This
was my very first model! Bought it at christmas with my newspaper route money.

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:06 am
by Neilster
The B-26 was very advanced.
Cheers, Neilster
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 am
by sven
The P-63 was hardly an X-Plane *wink*
3300 or so were made the soviets getting almost 3/4 the fleet IIRC....
anyway I am glad you like the art, and always appreciate aviation kit history...grew up at the USAF Museum....
of course to hear AxisFan(not accusing you of being this stripe) tell it the Germans were helpful enough to have totally designed the B2 BEFORE ww2 and all.....
no seriously...funny stuff...
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:45 am
by Ursa MAior
Attn Allied Fanbois!
At one point he asked whether they had changed their methods since they first went to Vietnam and was told that they did not have to do so since everything worked much better than expected. Thereupon he noted that the US Military never made any mistakes; [;)]however, that comment he kept to himself.
From Moshe Dayans memories about his visit in the Pentagon.
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:27 pm
by Rune Iversen
ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior
Attn Allied Fanbois!
At one point he asked whether they had changed their methods since they first went to Vietnam and was told that they did not have to do so since everything worked much better than expected. Thereupon he noted that the US Military never made any mistakes; [;)]however, that comment he kept to himself.
From Moshe Dayans memories about his visit in the Pentagon.
Que?
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:11 pm
by mdiehl
My favorite medium:

RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:16 pm
by sven
ORIGINAL: Rune Iversen
Que?
He is trying to imply Moshe thought we were retarded, and perhaps we were as regards Vietnam, perhaps we are as regards Durka Durka....
of course we are the force that moved against Communism and now Jihadism when others were busy suckling at the Bear's appendage....
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:18 pm
by UndercoverNotChickenSalad
Again reason is black gold, called oil [:D]
simplistic [8|]
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:19 pm
by UndercoverNotChickenSalad
I think moish dayan was a genius.
RE: What is your favorite WWII plane?
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:36 pm
by Ursa MAior
ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85
ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior
ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85
A venture that most of the world decided to sit out and let the US handle. Yes the USSR would have eventually collapsed but how much longer would it have taken without US intervention? Before the USSR collapse how many people would have predicted it?
There was a french expert in socialogy, Emmanuel Todd, who predicted its fall in 1975. He also wrote a book Apres l'empire.[;)]. NATO SEATO ANZUS allies have comitted themselves heavily too so you are completely mistaken. It was the Free World unquestionably led by the US who brought communism down.
Outside of the US who really contributed? How much did the countries within NATO truly contributed to NATO? Afghanistan proves what kinda a fraud NATO was. Hell the French proved it was a fraud with that I'm in oh wait no I'm not well maybe bs they pulled.
I am sorry to say that but it only shows how little you know about these things. NATO was OK till 1991.
Although Taliban are getting back some power Afghanistan is in much better shape than Iraq.