Page 16 of 50

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:36 pm
by sPzAbt653
ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
ORIGINAL: JeffK
Have you made sure you have synchronised the game speed (time scale) withe the map scale.

Otherwise you end with time flying by with half week turns but the game going at the same pace as the daily turns.
I would be glad to know the answer to that myself. I suppose that's part of the playtest, to see if it's syncronized.
I'm not sure how one can tell whether or not it is in such a state. I'm supposing that you could see what events
happened in history and whether or not something similar happens in the game. Other than that it would be
hard to tell.

I used the 'auto-syncronize' button in the game editor drop down menu, so it should be ok. [;)]

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:40 pm
by larryfulkerson
The 50th RTR finally made it almost to Palermo and found a German unit there. The 50th is out of supply and shouldn't attack and
the supply level is 1% so he really shouldn't BE attacked either. I'll have to try to move him to safety.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:07 pm
by larryfulkerson
Did I post a picture yet of the East side in T9? Here's one. I'm finding remnants of German formations between me and Messina. So
far there's no major resistance and I think maybe we're on schedule. When did Messina fall in WWII anyway?

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:11 pm
by larryfulkerson
Here's the East side in T10:

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:45 pm
by larryfulkerson
Here's the East side in T11:

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:58 pm
by larryfulkerson
Here's the entire thing so far in T11: I'm reaching the limits in east and west and the north coast is largely mine.....it's in the mop up
mode in the middle and I'm pressing for Messina still. The air war is going good. I've downed a lot of Axis planes. Maybe I should
post the losses.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:03 pm
by larryfulkerson
Here's the supply situation. Hey, that brings up another question. If the turns went from full-day to half-week then don't the RR
engineers need some help repairing rails? More RR engineers? Auto-fix at the rate of two hexes per turn?

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:38 pm
by larryfulkerson
Here's the East side in T12:

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:53 pm
by larryfulkerson
Here's how the air war is going right now:

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:59 pm
by larryfulkerson
Here's my aircraft losses so far: A lot of those Spitfire V's are due to the German arty pounding three squadrons underwent.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:06 am
by larryfulkerson
Here's the Axis losses so far. You can see that even though an aircraft model has some planes on hand there's none assigned. This
is because I destroyed the unit on the map that held that type of equipment. So until the unit reconstititutes there will be no planes
assigned.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:30 am
by larryfulkerson
Here's the West side in T13. I'm doing mop up really, clearing all the Germans out of where ever I find them.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:38 am
by larryfulkerson
Here's Palermo looking east. The supply level isn't the greatest but I'm pressing as much as possible by shuttling units back and forth
from the low level to the high supply level and get them refit then back to the low level and combat.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:50 am
by larryfulkerson
Here's me making an airfield strike on an aerodrome near Rome alone.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:10 am
by larryfulkerson
Here's the East side in T15. I'm still fighting to get to Messina. German strategy is to build large stacks and take the heat standing up.
German counterattacks sometimes force my guys backward.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:17 am
by larryfulkerson
This is the West side in T15: Nothing to do but mop up.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:15 am
by larryfulkerson
The entire island of Sicily is cleared except for Messina and a few other places. Mt. Etna is one.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:36 am
by larryfulkerson
OK. I'm still fighting for Messina and most of the unemployed assets are lined up on the high supply path leading south from Messina
and they are fueling up, getting refit, preparing for the invasion of the mainland.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:45 pm
by larryfulkerson
Messina fell finally in T19 and so here in T20 I need to find a good place to invade and it just so happens that 160,230 is where I'm
supposed to get some reinforcements and so that might be a good place to invade. I need to float somebody over adjacent to the
invasion hexes to see if anybody is there and if so get the arty and planes to prep the battlefield a little bit first.

Image

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Revised

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:17 pm
by larryfulkerson
I saw a news string about the Free French invading Ajaccio, Corsica and I thought that was a good idea so I floated some FF units up
there and in round two I'm going to attack.

Image