Page 16 of 17
RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:31 pm
by warspite1
7th June 1940
French 1st Army - Cavalry Corps

RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:11 pm
by warspite1
7th June 1940
French Turn
Before looking at the III corps Weygand needs to decide whether to attack the German bridgehead at St Quentin. It seems to early to fall back on the final line at this stage - and a successful attack would buy time. Weygand has the option of playing the De Gaulle card too.
Weygand decides yeah, what ze hell. 10PP played and he gives command of I Corps to De Gaulle.

RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:36 pm
by warspite1
7th June 1940
French Turn - 7th Army I Corps

RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:48 pm
by warspite1
7th June 1940
French Turn - 7th Army
This is the situation facing Weygand. The Germans over the river are not the strongest. However, if the remainder of 7th Army get sucked in here, then that is the last of their strategic reserve committed to the front line.

RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:17 pm
by warspite1
7th June 1940
French 7th Army
Unfortunately there are insufficient French units and armour units available. The High Command suggest a two stage attack - the first stage to get units into position and then make a spoiling attack or two to try and put the Germans off balance.
Artillery bombardments are mounted against a regiment of the 28th Infantry and air strikes launched against both stacks south of the river. General Falgade plays a Free Card to assist 8th Motorised make an infantry attack against the infantry previously shelled.
The attack succeeds and forces the enemy back. The French have no intention of crossing the river after them, but it is hoped this will unnerve the commander of the German unit and force him against proceeding south.

RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:41 pm
by warspite1
7th June 1940
British Army
Oh dear....[:(]
Lord Gort got all excited at the thought of destroying the German units west of Lille.... and promptly got themselves candidates for encirclement...[:@]
Dumb, dumb, dumb.....

RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:41 pm
by warspite1
8th June 1940
German Turn
And that is probably that.....[:(] The Germans break through on the Aisne, the French middle is pierced and the British are in all sorts of trouble.
DAMN!!!!!!!
RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:25 pm
by warspite1
This nonsense has re-appeared. Has anyone seen this before and knows what it is please? I was able to reload last time after a few goes but not this time [:(]

RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:39 pm
by warspite1
Also when I had the problem originally I saved the game as New Game. Why would the file sizes be so different?

RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:05 pm
by warspite1
Well the good news is the smaller file loads. The bad news is I've got three days to re-do and to try and get as close a result as possible.
RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:29 pm
by warspite1
Great. So I caught up on the missing turns as best I could and saved it - and once again that message comes up as it seems to be trying to save a massive game.
If anyone can help I'd appreciate it, otherwise that is the end of that with about 10 days to go [:(]

RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 am
by mbar
Check to see if your page file is off. Try turning it on then see what happens.
I do not know if this will help but I had out of memory crashes on some games. I had replaced my primary hard drive with an SSD and on recommendation turned off the page file system. Since turning page file back on and letting windows manage it, I've not had an error.
RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:21 am
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: mbar
Check to see if your page file is off. Try turning it on then see what happens.
I do not know if this will help but I had out of memory crashes on some games. I had replaced my primary hard drive with an SSD and on recommendation turned off the page file system. Since turning page file back on and letting windows manage it, I've not had an error.
warspite1
Thank you for responding mbar. However I wouldn't know a page file if it got up and bit me on the bum [:)]. Can you tell me where I would find this please? Thank-you.
RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:30 am
by DanNeely
This' guide's for win10, but the UI involved is ancient and should work for the last few previous versions. It tries to cover everything including the kitchen sink, but you can ignore a lot of it. Just make sure that it's turned on and that Windows is allowed to manage its size (Automatically manage paging file size for all drives). There're some (mostly theoretical) advantages to manually managing its size; but if you don't know what you're doing you're more likely to shoot yourself in the foot than improve the situation.
http://ccm.net/faq/43000-adjust-default ... windows-10
RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:53 am
by Orm
Any news? Any chance the game can be resumed?
RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:32 am
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Orm
Any news? Any chance the game can be resumed?
warspite1
Sadly not. I sent Vic the details of the error and the game turn from before the problem occurred but have heard nothing since.
He did mention sending the actual game after it had gone wrong but that involved WeTransfer or DropBox (whatever they are) so I can't go down that route.
I guess what I've sent is insufficient for him to be able to do anything so c'est la vie, all that time and effort expended on the game for nothing [:(] Ho hum.....
RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:30 pm
by loki100
ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: Orm
Any news? Any chance the game can be resumed?
warspite1
...
He did mention sending the actual game after it had gone wrong but that involved WeTransfer or DropBox (whatever they are) so I can't go down that route.
...
wetransfer is genuinely painless to use. See the attached image.
Basically you don't need to sign up or anything so simply open. Drag and drop the file(s) you want to transfer into the section 'add your files' and then click on transfer.
It'll do its thing and once the file is uploaded then the you simply select the url it generates (a prompt comes up for this), paste that into an email and send it to the recipient. They can then access those files.
PM me if you want a bit more ...

RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:19 pm
by warspite1
Okay thanks - I'll see if Vic comes back, I am so worried about adding these sort of things to my computer [:(]
RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:53 pm
by loki100
ORIGINAL: warspite1
Okay thanks - I'll see if Vic comes back, I am so worried about adding these sort of things to my computer [:(]
good thing is that unlike dropbox (which has become incredibly demanding and intrusive), this is basically just a webpage that you open and use. Its become my preferred means to swap files around etc (something I do a lot for my work)
RE: Case Yellow - how the Allies **** it up even more
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 am
by Vic
I found the issue. Will send you an email with instructions how you can proceed your game!
best wishes,
Vic