Page 3 of 5

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:03 am
by Sarge
never mind .................[>:]


I’m so done with this forum

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:19 am
by Silverdog
Well I’m relatively new to Matrix games and forums. All the games I have point to the forums as being one of the plus points of owning a Matrix game, and I have to agree, the forums are very good and a great help.

I don’t mind people having their own views at all, and I am happy to read the various views and hindsight ideas that people have over the different historical battles/periods, very interesting to read. As long as they don’t just read one book and believe they know everything!

But Doggie, buy all means put your point of view across, just don’t do it in such a way that pisses people off. No need to hijack forum threads with hatred, otherwise you're just a sad idiot shooting at the world.



RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:22 am
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: Sarge

I’m so done with this forum

Why? [&:]

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:24 am
by DuckofTindalos
Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out...

And Doggie, I've noticed that you refer to people who disagree with you as "college boys". I can only imagine that this is some sort of inferiority complex because you never went to college.

Well, one's never too old to go back to school. I'm sure there's some community institution somewhere that will take you in; give it a try, you might like it.

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:07 am
by Smead
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out...

And Doggie, I've noticed that you refer to people who disagree with you as "college boys". I can only imagine that this is some sort of inferiority complex because you never went to college.

Well, one's never too old to go back to school. I'm sure there's some community institution somewhere that will take you in; give it a try, you might like it.

Aren't you some sort of Danish welfare case??

29,000 posts on a game forum seems to indicate that you have a lot of time for meaningless prattle.
Two Fingers

I'll see you at the Weighing-In,
when your life's sum-total's made
and you set your wealth in Godly deeds
against the sins you've laid.
And you place your final burden
on your hard-pressed next of kin:
Send the chamber-pot back down the line
to be filled up again.

[;)]

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:53 am
by Sarge

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

ORIGINAL: Sarge

I’m so done with this forum

Why? [&:]




Why ?

I was asking a simple question on the relevance of Miller ’n O'Reilly on this thread.

Believe it or not some of us members that visit don’t have the time to sit on this forum 24/7 to dissect every post

I attacked no one or inserted any forbidden subjects, if Judge ‘n Terminus with their passive aggression want to play forum cop that’s Matrix problem .

Personally im tried of reading their BS
ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
I expect you'll continue to spread your right wing crap across Matrix forums. It does seem like you've been given a free hand to do so. Don't let my "middle ground" post stop your fascist posts - you carry on - I'll "take the hit" for the team. [:'(]

And where there's one, there's the other!! [:D]. Kind of like turning the light off in a New York flat!
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out...

Fair enough ?

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:34 pm
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: Sarge


ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

ORIGINAL: Sarge

I’m so done with this forum

Why? [&:]


Why ?

I was asking a simple question on the relevance of Miller ’n O'Reilly on this thread.

Believe it or not some of us members that visit don’t have the time to sit on this forum 24/7 to dissect every post

I attacked no one or inserted any forbidden subjects, if Judge ‘n Terminus with their passive aggression want to play forum cop that’s Matrix problem .

Personally im tried of reading their BS

Well I didn't attack you in any of my posts so I apologize if you mistook any of my posts as an attack on you. And I didn't take your "simple question" as being so "simple" with a crazy icon behind it. Still I didn't attack you regardless. Terminus responded directly to you AFTER you said you were quitting the forum. Since I seem to have started this fiasco responding to Doggie's snipe on liberals, I really don't want to be the cause of your leaving. I actually like you, Sarge, believe it or not. You seem like a good guy even if we don't see eye to eye on everything.

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:40 pm
by Sarge
Quitting ?

No I’m not quitting matrix, I just have come to the conclusion the General forum is more of a hassle then its worth ,every thread worth reading gets trashed . Your comments/replies have nothing to do with Judge ‘n Terminus personal vindications.

The brown shirts are free to police anyway they feel appropriate ......[;)]


RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:16 pm
by Yogi the Great
ORIGINAL: Doggie

How long before members of the "intellectual left" tell us this is all a myth?

With all due respect Doggie, isn't the therm "intellectual left" an oxymoron?


Oh I forgot, I apologize in advance for anyone I have offended with this post, offended in the past and/or may offend in the future. [8|]

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:16 pm
by Doggie
This has become an insight into the mindset of the sort of people that ran the East German Government.

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:21 pm
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: Sarge

Quitting ?

No I’m not quitting matrix, I just have come to the conclusion the General forum is more of a hassle then its worth ,every thread worth reading gets trashed . Your comments/replies have nothing to do with Judge ‘n Terminus personal vindications.

The brown shirts are free to police anyway they feel appropriate ......[;)]


I don't get the impression Judge and Terminus have any authority on these forums which others do not. As far as I have observed they seem to participate in the forum at the same level the rest of us do. I'm thankful I'm not the only one who saw Doggie's snipe as an attempt to stir up a political debate. And it's not like any of us were admonishing Doggie all that seriously. "Naughty boy" and "shame, shame" don't exactly seem like degrading remarks meriting the response of being referred to as "trolls" in Doggie's response. I think maybe Doggie get's lonely sometimes over at the Drive Thru. Maybe more liberals should visit and give him something to debate about.

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:26 pm
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great
ORIGINAL: Doggie

How long before members of the "intellectual left" tell us this is all a myth?

With all due respect Doggie, isn't the therm "intellectual left" an oxymoron?


Oh I forgot, I apologize in advance for anyone I have offended with this post, offended in the past and/or may offend in the future. [8|]

People who call themselves "Yogi" are dufuses.

NOTE: I apologize for offending you.

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:32 pm
by Yogi the Great
ORIGINAL: Gary Childress
ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great
ORIGINAL: Doggie

How long before members of the "intellectual left" tell us this is all a myth?

With all due respect Doggie, isn't the therm "intellectual left" an oxymoron?


Oh I forgot, I apologize in advance for anyone I have offended with this post, offended in the past and/or may offend in the future. [8|]

People who call themself Yogi are dufuses.

NOTE: I apologize for offending you.

No need to apologize Gary, dufeses are impossible to offend. In fact please join me and all other dufeses in a friendly toast in honor of the wall coming down, whomever might deserve the credit.

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:35 pm
by 06 Maestro
ORIGINAL: Sarge

Quitting ?

No I’m not quitting matrix, I just have come to the conclusion the General forum is more of a hassle then its worth ,every thread worth reading gets trashed . Your comments/replies have nothing to do with Judge ‘n Terminus personal vindications.

The brown shirts are free to police anyway they feel appropriate ......[;)]

The brown shirts are not free to police anything here. Nor are the pink shirts, lavender shirts or red shirts. They may be annoying on occasion, but they are not in control.

I understand your frustration, but in this digital world, everyone is an expert, and everyone can throw stones repeatedly for no reason. The good thing is that digital stones don't hurt-and the overall scene can be quite funny at times-perhaps not honorable, but funny.

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:37 pm
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress
ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great



With all due respect Doggie, isn't the therm "intellectual left" an oxymoron?


Oh I forgot, I apologize in advance for anyone I have offended with this post, offended in the past and/or may offend in the future. [8|]

People who call themself Yogi are dufuses.

NOTE: I apologize for offending you.

No need to apologize Gary, dufeses are impossible to offend. In fact please join me and all other dufeses in a friendly toast in honor of the wall coming down, whomever might deserve the credit.

Sounds great! To the Berlin Wall coming down and the end of the Cold War!

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:43 pm
by 06 Maestro
Back to the Wall. I never expected to see it fall in my lifetime. It all came about so quickly. This gives cause for hope. Things can suddenly change, and sometimes the changes are actually good for people.

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:44 pm
by Jeffrey H.
ORIGINAL: Gary Childress
ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

ORIGINAL: Terminus

He just hasn't understood that nobody cares about what he has to say...

Same reason why Dennis Miller isn't funny anymore; he's used the same material over and over again for too long.


Umm I still think Dennis Millers rants are funny.

Watching Miller's bits on the O'Reilly show is sort of sad to me. He really looks and sounds like someone whom the parade has passed him by. He just appears to lack confidence and doesn't have that "edge" anymore. I sort of sympathize with him but I wouldn't call him funny. [:(]

Yes, I sort of agree with you. His for-radio rants are much much better, he really hits his stride on those.


RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:48 pm
by 06 Maestro
ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Sounds great! To the Berlin Wall coming down and the end of the Cold War!

The cold war is not over-at best, the participants took a short vacation. The struggle goes on between the old antagonists. There is no end in sight.

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:51 pm
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress
ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.





Umm I still think Dennis Millers rants are funny.

Watching Miller's bits on the O'Reilly show is sort of sad to me. He really looks and sounds like someone whom the parade has passed him by. He just appears to lack confidence and doesn't have that "edge" anymore. I sort of sympathize with him but I wouldn't call him funny. [:(]

Yes, I sort of agree with you. His for-radio rants are much much better, he really hits his stride on those.


I haven't heard him on radio. I should probably give a listen one of these days. I don't listen to much talk radio though, right or left leaning. Mostly just relaxing music for me.

RE: Walled in! The inner German border...

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:59 pm
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Sounds great! To the Berlin Wall coming down and the end of the Cold War!

The cold war is not over-at best, the participants took a short vacation. The struggle goes on between the old antagonists. There is no end in sight.

I thought the Eastern Block was finished. Now there's the Euro and stuff like that. I'm tired of the Cold War. No more air raid drills in public school. Let's have cold peace instead. [8D]