Page 3 of 3

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 pm
by Hard Sarge
what his aifields look like after 9 days

Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 pm
by Hard Sarge
and as is normal in this battle, another day of bad weather follows


RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:15 am
by Graymane
Hi, I have a few questions. How do you choose your non-rounded altitudes? I see some at 13,900, 14,900, 11,900, etc. Why not 13,000 or 14,000? Also, do different heights matter greatly for recon? Finally, on the campaign screen, what do the numbers in parens mean at the bottom? (to AA fire 7:117/12:288) or (on ground 4:0/11:9). I assume losses due to those factors for day and campaign, but what do the actual numbers mean?

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:41 am
by JeffroK
No comments, only advice to Dixie.

Never, ever play against one of the Devs of the game.[:D]

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 am
by Hard Sarge
ORIGINAL: Graymane

Hi, I have a few questions. How do you choose your non-rounded altitudes? I see some at 13,900, 14,900, 11,900, etc. Why not 13,000 or 14,000? Also, do different heights matter greatly for recon? Finally, on the campaign screen, what do the numbers in parens mean at the bottom? (to AA fire 7:117/12:288) or (on ground 4:0/11:9). I assume losses due to those factors for day and campaign, but what do the actual numbers mean?

sorry for the delay, I don't also see new posts in this area

at the top of the screen, there are 6 buttons (arrows) one is for 10,000, 1000 and then 100, going each way (when in the plotting screen) the triple arrow will raise or drop the ALT by 10,000, the double by 1000, and the single by 100

other then for a reason, most are done for feel (IE CH radar has a low limit of 5000 feet, so you may want to plot a raid to be at 4,800 feet and so on)

recon, well, the higher you are, the safer you may be, but only the Ju 86 is really safe, but the higher you are, the poorer, the info you may get, the lower, the better, but, you may have great photos, laying in the English country side

on the summery screen

those would be AA kills today/AA damaged today, AA kills total/AA damaged Total
lower line is about the same but
Planes destroyed on the ground today/Planes damaged on the ground today, Planes destroyed on the ground total, Planes damaged on the ground Total


No comments, only advice to Dixie.

Never, ever play against one of the Devs of the game.


I talk a lot to Dixie, and he was kind enough to get into a game with me, so I could test some things for myself, it is not a cut throat game, and it has no bragging rights to it (but, if I lose, I am sure I will hear about it)

he is telling me what he sees, and I can ask him what happened here or there, so I can understand what is going on

only hassle is real life keeps kicking up

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:52 pm
by Hard Sarge
just in case, we still here

Dixie had a slow down, and then I got bogged down, got a turn sent back and now it is Dixie's turn to be bogged down again :)

last turn, not much to talk about

I lost 35, and Dixie lost 13

the next day, was one of those, ah crud, weather types, good enough to fly, but not good enough to be sure of hitting anything, so gave the fighters the day off (think the 88's also) sent out the 111s and 17s on a number of night raids

way the game is going, and the number of bad weather days, it does not look like I am going to be able to pulled off a AS victory (too much repair going on, with the delays, to really have a chance for this, you need a good weather spanning close to a week/10 days)

so, want to start gaining some terror points (going to need 10,000 points for one point of Terror, so nothing you do in one night, but over all, I think one or two points of Terror, may be enough to swing the total into my favor

plus, a good night raid, still has a chance to knock out some RR's which will help the SD score

score when I sent along the turn, was 6-3-0

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:45 pm
by Rob Brennan UK
Still reading Sarge ! .. Don't give up on us yet [;)]

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:23 pm
by Hard Sarge
odd turn

(of course, while Dixie was delayed, I also sent him the wrong save, so when he did get back to it, it didn't work)

ended up with a 21 to 0 kill rate (well, he did, I was the 0)

nothing much happened, I hit a few targets, did decent with SD improving it by about 900 points, and got terror up to around 4800

so, score sitting at 6-4-0

went after some more terror for this turn, Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds ?

went after some coastal ports, to keep FC awake during the day

we need to get this war back to a ever day kind of deal, makes it HARD to work out a master plan, when you forget what you did last

:(


RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:06 am
by Hard Sarge
Sorry guys

I had some issues, then Dixie had some classes, then I had some issues

so, we had a lot of starts and stops, which makes it HARD to keep a plan in place, and even more so to write about what you are doing, thinking, (really ruff, to get a turn back, and be as surprised as the enemy, to see what is going on)

so, with the release of the newer BoBs OOBs, we decided to restart the game, and hopefully, have a AAR from both side this time around

so, full, BoB 41