Page 3 of 5
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:25 pm
by Katana
Wow, all my paratroopers are dead!!! Guess your legionaires can go home now :rolleyes:
And I'm not retreating, I'm just attacking in a different direction
Your turn.
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:27 pm
by Katana
Too dang trigger happy
Hehehehe
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:19 am
by Vetkin
I don't know but it seems the situation is getting realy interesting, there's a break in my right flank but most of the "line" is holding, I don't know for how long though...
there is a concentration of tanks up north near the town....
**** your paratroopers!!!

They are still there!! A squad of riflemen move from their entrenched positions to engage the bothersome parachutists.
Your turn

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:48 pm
by Katana
O-kay. the para's are in trouble now, retreating across open terrain towards the french
Things are looking grim on the frontline, my tanks are running low on AP, and the French have sobered enough to shoot more or less straight, killing another Pz-II.
Highlight of the turn: Immobilized a Char

Finally some damage on one of those monsters.
It isn't all bad, found some arty which will be counterbattered, the breakthrough attempt in the south hasn't quite bogged down yet, and the top brass is sending some bigger canopeners to deal with the remaining armor.
Yes, I'd say it's getting interesting...
your turn

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:09 pm
by Vetkin
Lost a R-35 this turn against a Mark IV
Got the crewmen of a halftrack to abandon their cheap vehicle hehehe
Nothing much happening although a salient has been formed down south. The French reposition themselves (some of them anyway)

to face the oncoming traffic of armor and engineers.
It is a bit quiet up north and in the middle, it seems the main thrust might come from the south....?
Nothing much happened behind the lines. The german paratroopers are stuck stead fast in a death trap (That's how I'd like to think of it) hehehehe
Your Turn
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:25 pm
by Katana
Blew up another R35, an R33 and yet another Panhard.
Also defanged a Panhard I think, and the crew of that imobilized Char is now dead, dead, dead.

One down, 9(?) to go...
My para's aren't so lucky, lost half a squad tying to sneak into town, the rest is pinned on the hill.
The advance in the south is still moving, but risks being squashed against the map edge by French armor rolling in from the north.
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:51 pm
by Vetkin
I don't know how you're gonna get your paras out of the mess you dropped them in... hehehehe
A Char of mine blew up one of your Mark IVs that was trying to sneak into the village. Also tore apart a recon group.
Down south my legionnaires destroy a half-track. They are holding the VHes... for now. A platoon of Mark IVs are on the hill firing on my tanks positioned to the north.
Uh-oh, I see an 88mm overwatched on the hill....
Your Turn
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:43 pm
by Katana
That Char got shot up some, but survived. North of the town, more light armor explodes.
In the south at least one Char got its main gun blown off and the legionnaires get shelled for their efforts

The lone 88 got of one shot and missed, but should prove useful in drawing fire away from my tanks
The paratroopers probably won't see the Heimat again. That's allright,I got my points worth out of them, I think.
your turn
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:02 pm
by Vetkin
Your paratroopers have fought well... and indeed continue to fight... those who survive will be treated well in prison.
Your tank crews however will be shot on sight!
I score some non-penetrating hits on a Mark IV, don't know if they did any damage.
My Chars are slowly but surely surrounding your southern panzer gruppe. (I hope I hope I hope they don't suddenly retreat) hehe
There is no hope for your southern forces, surrender, and they will be taken alive and will be given uh a proper trial. :rolleyes:
Scary 88....... I'm trying to get some tanks to somehow flank it, maybe make the crew abandon..... but so far, one of these tanks, an AMR has been blown to bits by a 75mm.
Your Turn
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 9:36 pm
by Katana
Two Char's killed by 88, engineers take care of a third.
Yeah,baby
Retreat? now?
Army group south will reach their objectives within five turns, so will the paratroopers, if everything goes right.
Better run while you have the chance...
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:07 am
by Vetkin
The situation down south is getting more and more interesting. An insolent Mark IV is blown up by a Char. A flamethrower team (the insolence) is routed by another. hehehehe (2 of my Chars have turned into mobile heavily-armored MG nests)
Up North I see a platoon or more of tanks starting to emerge from the woods... a pincer attack hm?
Behind the lines I click on what I thought was my unit and see "FJ Airborne" ---- TO THE NORTH!
With a distinct "ka-chack", the Hotchkiss machine gun fires at max ROF, turning one squad into chop suey.
A legionnaire squad, hearing of this insolent sneaky move, marched towards the north end of town, only to be met by another airborne squad, who TRIED to suppress my foreign legion but nooooooo, for the first time ever in the game, I click Rally and they actually rally, 4 timeS!!! The end result is predictable, Chalk up another Airborne squad to add to the chop suey
Your Turn
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:02 pm
by Katana
Seems those paratroopers get everywhere, huh?
Now, I know what you're thinking, did he drop six, or only five? To tell you the truth, in all the confusion I kinda lost count myself...
So,you gotta ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?
Well, do you, punk?
Meanwhile, on the frontline..
In the south an R35 gets immobilized, and another has its main gun destroyed. A lone PzII is harassing two more R35 before being blown up. The French crew responsible crash their tank into a building in disbelief.
88 bags another char, before leaving to avoid artillery.
Troops are massing north, ready to strike at the now exposed flank of the southbound armor. Any activity on the hill west of the village is silenced by some well placed shells.
Your turn.
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:08 pm
by Vetkin
The French army is on the verge of rout. Only the promise of artillery support keeps them in check (some of them anyways)
The attack down south is still continuing... I expect the Mark Ivs to roll as soon as they disable/destroy my remaining Chars. I find that many of them are defanged, most of them carrying only MGs.
I hit nothing this turn with tank fire....

\
Behind the lines I can do nothing as a paratrooper platoon regroups, my troops are too surpressed by artillery.
It is quiet up north, owing more to my lack of scouts than to your tank's stealth... hehehehe
Hopefully I can do SOME damage in your turn
2 88s are visible now.... I wonder how I can take those out... I think those guns are the main reason my troops are trembling in their boots.
Your Turn
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:03 pm
by Katana
Things are moving along nicely on the southern flank, not a lot of resistance this turn. Up north another Panhard (That's what? over a dozen by now?) stops a halftrack in it's eh, tracks and gets blown up in return. It won't be quiet for long...
Paratroopers take out a Hotchkiss MG and quietly wait for the next target to pop up.
The end is nigh, mon ami.

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:12 pm
by Gary Tatro
2 88s are visible now.... I wonder how I can take those out... I think those guns are the main reason my troops are trembling in their boots.
Your Turn [/B][/QUOTE]
Vetkin
The next time you play the French make sure to Purchase about 12 DCA 13.2mm twin AAMG's. These little babies are about as good as the Quad 50 AAMG and only cost 30 points. It is immoble, but you can rip 88's to shreds out to range 30. Not very accruate at that range but will get you 1 kill about every five shots which it gets every turn. Will penatrate up to 29 armor, is a size class of 1 and will shot down air craft. Oh and at range 10 will kill a whole infantry squad in one shot if it is out in the open. Just ask Fabio (Bob Brunto) I am playing him now I have killed almost all of his 88's this way. He is German I am French. Not doing to badly, I have lost the majority of my Char Bis to crews jumping out.

Make sure you keep them in the back. Good luck. Playing the French is a challenge.
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 7:17 am
by Vetkin
I agree Gary... it's just plain HARD to play French.
But I must agree that it's fun
Frustrating at times, but it adds a sense of realism and challenge to the game. The French army has character (italics), even though it is kind of the weak-kneed kind.
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:03 am
by Vetkin
Je n'ecoute pas la gros modemoiselle yet monsieur
It's far from over... I think:rolleyes:
The South is still holding, another one of your Mark IVs is smashed by a Char.
Up North, a Panhard gets holed by an 88mm shell.
To the rear... 'Ka-Chak'....'Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom' Another paratrooper squad shredded to mincemeat by a Hotchkiss!!!
I don't know how your paratroopers are holding.... but believe me when I say that they are NOT going anywhere

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:24 pm
by Katana
More Chars with guns than I thought...
And they can aim too
Two more Pz's go poof in exchange for some infantry and a Panhard on the northern hill.
Those paratroopers are STILL NOT DEAD
They're not going anywhere, but that's alright as long as they have ammo and you keep providing them with targets.
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:07 pm
by Vetkin
The German attack down south has faltered... at least I think so, It is a bit quiet on the front except for the crashing sound of 88mm gun fire.
Nothing much happened this turn except for a street-to-street fight in the village to the North which resulted in the death of a sniper (mine) and the retreat of a legionnaire squad... grrrrr:mad:
Those paratroopers won't be ABLE to go anywhere!!!
You turn
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:12 pm
by Katana
I'll back in a moment...