Page 3 of 8
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 pm
by fogger
issues like does not do PBEM (now may be fixed ?) and some arty units will not engage naval targets. that is why Larry and I are doing our test in two player hot seat and not PBEM which is a real pain in the butt.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:00 pm
by BigDuke66
Well if I can also look forward not only to the improvements of the new patch but also to new or at at least reworked scenarios I'm looking even more forward to its release.[&o]
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:31 pm
by Jeff Norton
*Bump*
Any news to report? - "Good things come to they who wait." but.....
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:57 pm
by BigDuke66
Well well I get a bit worried, if it is too long too quiet than even when a new patch comes out it might not be enough to get the players back that we lost in the "dry season", especially when the last patch pulled out some problems that make a lot players stop playing till these are resolved.
I see that in a wargame club, years ago we had many more active TOAW players, now it's down to 47.
I only hope we stay under the mark set by the last patch, that patch took 3 years and 5 months to be released, so I hope the new patch comes out by July 2014, at least an open beta by that time would already be great.
While it is understandable that all those big changes that are in the next patch simply take its time to be achieved, these long dry seasons are simply damaging to the player base.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:22 am
by larryfulkerson
I'm playing WITP-AE for a while.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:27 am
by Oberst_Klink
ORIGINAL: BigDuke66
Well well I get a bit worried, if it is too long too quiet than even when a new patch comes out it might not be enough to get the players back that we lost in the "dry season", especially when the last patch pulled out some problems that make a lot players stop playing till these are resolved.
I see that in a wargame club, years ago we had many more active TOAW players, now it's down to 47.
I only hope we stay under the mark set by the last patch, that patch took 3 years and 5 months to be released, so I hope the new patch comes out by July 2014, at least an open beta by that time would already be great.
While it is understandable that all those big changes that are in the next patch simply take its time to be achieved, these long dry seasons are simply damaging to the player base.
It ain't that bad, the interest about TOAW III. In fact, thanks (
Ja, Eigenlob stinkt!) to my continuous efforts in nodding, adapting, etc. old scenarios to 3.4 (yes, I ask the original designers) and referring to 3XBb.EXE there are quite some TOAW III PBEMs going on in the German SI-Forum. Furthermore, even my tutorial slides are again in demand! 3.5 or 3.X would be bloody marvellous, but so far scenario development (The Doc's latest Ardennes '44 is in beta and being tested) is still going on... even Kharkov '43 and a future Kiev '43 campaign, perhaps (after the WC 2014) a 2km/hex version of Kanev '43 - The Market Garden of the East.
Klink, Oberst
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:33 am
by Sensei.Tokugawa
Hey, Duke, did you mean the Blitz?
And yes - it's the highest time for the Kanev operation to appear as a standalone scenario. So far I have seen only a custom scenario for AT and a few for TOC Korsun '44 two of which I have played myself at the Blitz.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:43 am
by Oberst_Klink
ORIGINAL: burroughs
Hey, Duke, did you mean the Blitz?
And yes - it's the highest time for the Kanev operation to appear as a standalone scenario. So far I have seen only a custom scenario for AT and a few for TOC Korsun '44 two of which I have played myself at the Blitz.
Kamerad,
Frederic Schaaff did a Kanev '43 for ACOW. I tried to contact him to ask for permission if I can 'upgrade' it. No reply yet. It's a good one, though 2km/hex and more sub-units and new equipment file would be bloody marvellous, no?
Klink, Oberst

RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:02 am
by Alpha77
ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink
and new equipment file would be bloody marvellous, no?
Erlaubnis zum sprechen, Herr Oberst ?
Which WW2 equip file is generally recommended ? As most of us agree the one that comes with the game isn´t that great. It would be a good idea to have one good WW2 and one good "modern" file for scen designers who wants a better one. I found 2 or 3 WW2 files but all seem to differ. So maybe we could agree at one which seems best. Can you provide links to the file that you use or do you create a seperate one for each scen you make ? I made some changes to the one which came with the "Dir21" scen already (for my own use).
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:08 am
by BigDuke66
@Oberst_Klink
Yes the hardcore is still around but new players? It's hard to recommend the game in it's current state were you only really get along when using some third party unofficial EXE.
And it's not only the players, what about the scenario designers?
Lets face it, the changes planed for the next version are finally so far that we hopefully also get old scenario designers to really upgrade their scenarios themselves instead of what we saw on the release of TOAWIII were many scenario were simply just loaded into the editor and saved again to make sure they run at all, that is no real rework to release a scenario to benefit from changes to the new game.
Hopefully with the next release we get some of those great designers back.
@burroughs
The Blitz???[X(] How did you find that out![:D]
Yes I mean the Blitz, maybe my mind play tricks on me but I think a few years ago we had a much more active community and also many more active players, beyond 100 I think.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:21 pm
by Erik Rutins
Hi everyone,
We'll have more news on this soon, can't be more specific yet, but work is ongoing.
Regards,
- Erik
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:24 pm
by Oberst_Klink
ORIGINAL: Alpha77
ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink
and new equipment file would be bloody marvellous, no?
Erlaubnis zum sprechen, Herr Oberst ?
Which WW2 equip file is generally recommended ? As most of us agree the one that comes with the game isn´t that great. It would be a good idea to have one good WW2 and one good "modern" file for scen designers who wants a better one. I found 2 or 3 WW2 files but all seem to differ. So maybe we could agree at one which seems best. Can you provide links to the file that you use or do you create a seperate one for each scen you make ? I made some changes to the one which came with the "Dir21" scen already (for my own use).
Well, I use my own, inspired by all the others. I usually just add more flavour to it, e.g. for different nationalities, which in longer campaigns comes in handy regarding the different replacements. The scale of my scenarios however (or those I got permission to update) are operational ones, e.g. where replacements as such don't play a major role. I posted in various threads about the 'design philosophy'. Some values have been changed, not much though, to reflect different training/cohesion of certain infantry unit types. My .eqp (still not finished) is part of the latest Kharkov '43.
Klink, Oberst
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:16 pm
by mike1984
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi everyone,
We'll have more news on this soon, can't be more specific yet, but work is ongoing.
Regards,
- Erik
I do realize how variable timetables can be on projects this big... however... and I understand if you can't answer... should I not bother working on scenarios (in my case Sicily to Brenner Pass) until the next patch comes out? I don't want to put in hours and hours of work, only to have to re-do everything 2 months from now.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:06 am
by Sensei.Tokugawa
If you meant the Blitz, Duke,I am starting to think I just might have beaten everyone there into inactivity, especially I regret bashing badly that new guy last year in a NATO / WarPact ( he caused a great scare on the NATO sode with his relentless advance so I guess I had to ... ) confrontation of many who is now no more, but he wrote me he moved onto TOCs ladder and asked for some mods. That's how my taking everyone who appeared at the forums on to recruit them for the TOAW III ladder is apparently ending - a reverse effect.
When it comes to Kanev off COW Herr Oberst, I must have overlooked that especially with the last working installation of that version of the game annihilated while moving from an old OP to a new one.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:05 am
by fogger
Is everything OK with Ralph? It has been a month since his last log in.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:55 pm
by Meyer1
Man, this is so sad... I guess we won't see Toaw 4 in october. November perhaps? [8|]
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:10 am
by fogger
He logged in back on the 4th. But it would be nice if he gave us an update
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:18 am
by Jo van der Pluym
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi everyone,
We'll have more news on this soon, can't be more specific yet, but work is ongoing.
Regards,
- Erik
Hi Erik
You have post this message about 10 weeks ago. And I am currious to the news about the 3.5 update. How is the progres and can you tell something about the new features, bugfixes etc
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:27 pm
by Lobster
Bump. Dated 13 June 2014:
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi everyone,
We'll have more news on this soon, can't be more specific yet, but work is ongoing.
Regards,
- Erik
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:08 pm
by Telumar
A bit off topic, but related:
Your signature...
They're building a 2.5 km / hex map of European Russia with TOAW (given the map size with the beta):
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/mass ... rossa-map/