Page 3 of 6

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:51 pm
by Dane49
Here's another GTOS video for a morning fog Soviet probe attack on the Rakitnoe map.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCGAi696ljI

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:09 pm
by Missouri_Rebel
I have yet to find a recorder that will result in smooth playback. My system uses so many resources that it always records choppy.

Heres one made by somebody that shows some tanks on the move. I'm not sure what they're singing about in that song. The German language makes everything sound like a declaration of war. [:)] Heck, it could be a love song for all I know.

Achtung Panzer ALL

Not any fighting but I liked it.

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:49 pm
by Dane49
Raubtier is a Swedish industrial metal band from Haparanda.
Graviteam jumped on that song when it was released to promote APOS.
It's a war song.

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:59 pm
by Dane49
I have yet to find a recorder that will result in smooth playback. My system uses so many resources that it always records choppy.

I use the free Bandicam.
It only allows 10 minute recording sessions but you can string them together on the Youtube editor if you have plenty of time on your hands.

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:21 pm
by bairdlander2
Having trouble with updates,should I uninstall then reinstall using Dec 13 patch only??I uninstalled 3.08 and now game wont even start,when I downloaded the latest patch and clicked install with the updater,window opened,I chose the latest patch,open,then just question marks on the screen??Why the hell doesnt Matrix support this great game?The least they could do is a sticky on the APOS page showing how to get updates.

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:47 pm
by Missouri_Rebel
Use your updater for this file first. http://www.graviteam.com/AP-STAR/gtos_cu_581c1_eng.exe see if that works

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:54 pm
by Dane49
Core Update_GTOS_cu_v581c1_eng (May,20 2013)
http://www.graviteam.com/AP-STAR/gtos_cu_581c1_eng.exe
Download this first open it and direct it to your APOS game folder.
This is the engine it doesn't get installed by the updater.
You need the new engine to install the Dec13 patch.
http://www.graviteam.com/AP-STAR/gtos_p ... 2extension
You should be able to open your game from the updater in your game folder.

After you installed the engine open your game and look at the upper right hand corner of your start menu to see if it installed properly if you don't see 5.81 reboot till it does show on your start menu.

Once you have 5.81 showing you can install the Dec13 patch in your updater.
Open the ingame updater and direct it to the patch and select if the patch installs on the updater click save and play.

The update should read 4.09

Very important to install 5.81 engine first before patching with Dec13 patch.


RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:59 pm
by bairdlander2
Same as others,when updating,I click install,click open for patch and nothing

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:02 am
by bairdlander2
The problem is all my downloads go to same place,I cant "direct" them to any folder but my downloads

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:03 am
by Dane49
If you could post a pic of your upper right hand corner start menu and your updater I can probably figure out what the problem is.

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:06 am
by Dane49
Download the 5.81 engine and open it.After it opens hit next and it will ask you where to install it.
Direct it to your game folder.

With the patch open the link and then click the down pointing arrow and select save as and then direct it to a folder that you make that says Dec13 patch.

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:12 am
by Missouri_Rebel
I think this might be my doing. I advised him to update to aug 13 patch. I was unaware that he needed the other installed first.

Should he reinstall and then proceed with the instructions from post #47 above? Or will it maybe work if he just runs the 581c1 now?

Sorry bairdlander.

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:16 am
by Dane49
install engine first -After downloading open and direct to your game folder.
You do not install engine with the updater it's a program and installs in the program folder.

make sure start menu has accepted the engine then use the updater to install patch.
The game runs off the engine the patch runs off the game.

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:23 am
by Dane49
Another thing is you never need to delete updates in the updater the new patch will overwrite the old patch update.

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:28 am
by Missouri_Rebel
ORIGINAL: Dane49

Another thing is you never need to delete updates in the updater the new patch will overwrite the old patch update.



RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:33 am
by bairdlander2
I uninstalled and am redownloading,thanks for the help

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:34 am
by Dane49
ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

ORIGINAL: Dane49

Another thing is you never need to delete updates in the updater the new patch will overwrite the old patch update.




I use to delete also when I first started learning how to update.[:(]

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:51 am
by Dane49
Why the hell doesnt Matrix support this great game?The least they could do is a sticky on the APOS page showing how to get updates

Graviteam self publishes this game now and wouldn't give Matrix exclusive rights to sell it.

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:17 am
by Dane49
Another 3 part video I uploaded tonight.
Summer 1942 Volokonovka Quick Battle tank assault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIsqTHQxg5g part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42ay7IGBFF0 part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0A5o-e-eAw Part 3

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:25 am
by Missouri_Rebel
This might also be of help.

http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Inst ... ain_update

Question for you Dane. Does the Polygons Update show in the update.cmd screen?