Page 3 of 5

RE: Editorial

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:17 pm
by Twigster
To play these types of games optimally requires quite the investment, that's for sure. 'Ashamed' is the wrong word to use here, HH. [8D]

There will be a comprehensive Concordat update (the official name has now been changed to Zenox Hegemony)at the end of this next segment but it will primarily introduce the rest of the Galaxy.

RE: Editorial

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:28 pm
by Retreat1970
Reading this, you've given me a serious itch to play and post an AAR. I'm fighting it so far because I haven't played in so long. Thanks for doing this. I wish more people would.

RE: Editorial

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:02 am
by Twigster
I'm fighting it so far because I haven't played in so long.

Ah, come on! I wish you would take the plunge all the same. Take your time with it. I love the game as well as your mod.

Anyway, big post tomorrow. [:D]

Galactic Tour

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:50 pm
by Twigster
The economy is holding fairly well so far during the Shakturi War.Posting this, I realized that I do not really need to continue to pay for 31 colonizers at this time...

Image

RE: Galactic Tour

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 pm
by Twigster
This is my current research infrastructure. I am less concerned about paying for excess capacity than I am worried about losing even more in more numerous, distributed and less well-defended facilities. Though it has yet to happen in the current game, I have lost LSPs in combat.

Image

RE: Galactic Tour

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:57 pm
by Twigster
Gizureans of the Alpha Kassieda Junction Collective (AKJC) enforcing a blockade of the Concordat capital. Note that the Devastator Moon is on-line and in Vrilja orbit- the question now is, what to do with it? In the mini-map, the Concordat is dark blue, the AKJC is yellow. The light blue is a Wekkarus constructor of the Cludar Confederation coming in for some ill-timed refueling.

That is the administrative overview after a couple of years since I last posted- all of the other comparisons remain basically unchanged since then. Note- for RP reasons I did not want to resort to the Way of Darkness government type, but it was basically forced on me by economic and military necessity. If I was trying to survive in this setting with double my current maintenance costs, more than twice the War Weariness and half of the colony income…? [X(]

BTW, game settings: Custom game as standard empire, 1400 star, Huge, Spiral, 15 x 15, Old start, Chaos/Extreme, Research is Very Expensive at 999K, no space creatures, Normal Pirates (distant) with Normal Strength (no respawn), Normal colony prevalence, Normal Independent & Alien Life, Colony Influence Range is 102%, Enforcing Colonization Limits of 2.0 sectors, Zenox, starting government was Technocracy for some forty years, Excellent home system, Old, starting Tech level: 7, Corruption: Normal, 44 other starting empires; Shadows story events, Tech Trading and Giant Kaltors at start disabled, Race-specific victory conditions enabled.

And now, gentle readers, sit back and relax as we take a brief tour of what the rest of the Galaxy holds in store…

Image

Tucmea Prime

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:03 pm
by Twigster
The Alpha Kasseida Junction Collective (AKJC). The Concordat has not yet fought them-and really does not want to unless presented with no other option- as they are the strongest Galactic military power.

Image

RE: Tucmea Prime

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:10 pm
by Twigster
Here we see a large fight at a Gizurean (AKJC) gas mining station. The Shakturi Supremacy is a Protectorate of the AKJC (undoubtedly a holdover from when the Shakturi were the Erutkah and in need of protection); this is very bad news for The Home Team as the AKJC is by far and away the strongest Glactic power. Note to self: send fleet here to assist in the destruction of this enemy base. Minimap colors: pink (Shakturi), light green (Ackdarian), yellow (Securans), dark grey (Ancient Guardians.

Image

RE: Tucmea Prime

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:12 pm
by Twigster
Showing why this base needs to be taken out ASAP! It just increasingly appears certain that war with the Gizurians is unavoidable.

Image

RE: Tucmea Prime

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:14 pm
by Twigster
The strategic location of Tucmea Prime on the Galactic map.

Image

Securans, Ackdarians and Guardians.

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:18 pm
by Twigster
Securans. The Concordat has fought the Securans during both the Alliance War (not much happened then) and again during the Galactic War (Securans lose half of their systems to the Concordat). They are, however, solid Freedom Alliance partners.

Image

RE: Securans, Ackdarians and Guardians.

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:19 pm
by Twigster
The Ancient Guardians. (AG)They have been stand-offish to me since adopting Way of Darkness, no problem, just kept showering them with gifts. Have paid them once to get Trade Sanctions to go away but since the Devastator Moon arrived at Vrilja they slapped on Trade Sanctions and I have left well enough alone after that. We'll see...

Image

RE: Securans, Ackdarians and Guardians.

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:22 pm
by Twigster
Ackdarians. One of the Concordat's earliest allies. I have gone to war at least four times for the Ackdarians under treaty obligations. I have given them an entire fleet to fight off the Naxx, even denied them by treaty once. They keep coming back. Have not fought them yet; frequently give them money and other diplo- goodies.

Image

RE: Securans, Ackdarians and Guardians.

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:30 pm
by Twigster
The Shakturi...

Image

Gizureans, Shakturi

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:32 pm
by Twigster
Just a quick peek at the AKJC capital. The only asset I have in place in this system is a Concordat ambassador.

Image

RE: Gizureans, Shakturi

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:34 pm
by Twigster
The Shakturi toe-hold (homeworld) in the Galaxy. Notice the Gizurean fleet garrison to the right of the planet.

Image

RE: Gizureans, Shakturi

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:39 pm
by Twigster
Securan and AG ships fight against a Shakturi incursion into the Concordat Windus Major system. Oheroung- shown here- was taken from the Securans during the Galactic War.

Image

RE: Gizureans, Shakturi

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:40 pm
by Twigster
The Ancient Guardian carriers are nothing to sneeze at.

Image

RE: Gizureans, Shakturi

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:42 pm
by Twigster
System's strategic location on Galactic map.

Image

RE: Gizureans, Shakturi

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:45 pm
by Twigster
Hiigaran (FA) ships at a typical Concordat GMS. The outbreak of hostilities has so far delayed the planned upgrade of Concordat MS and GMS.

Image