Page 3 of 15

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:36 pm
by Jason Petho
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue on with one of the larger campaigns, A Week in the Mekong, thanks to a Patreon request. We managed to get through to nearly halfway of Day 3. The Viet Cong appear to have a good hold on Ben Tre at the moment, as well as the Truc Giang airfield. I am showing some new goodies for the 1.20 UPDATE while I am starting to take back Truc Giang. My A Troop from 3d/5th Cavalry has finally arrived to help with the Area MIKE clearing. Losses are mounting though.

.
https://youtu.be/nZ877vC0ZwI

.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Sun May 01, 2022 2:41 am
by Jason Petho
This is the Saturday live play session where I continue on with one of the larger campaigns, A Week in the Mekong, thanks to a Patreon request. Holy crap, what a mess. B&C Companies/3d/60th Infantry have run into a small VC force and have taken some heavy losses. Down south, Truc Giang Airfield has been recaptured, but there are a lot of Viet Cong at Ben Tre. The task of surrounding and annihilate the Viet Cong battalion sized unit that attacked the city.


.
https://youtu.be/uhAvh4o-bPY

.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Sun May 01, 2022 12:35 pm
by terminator
21:10 Dimanche 1 mai C8 La 317ème Section (1965) de Pierre Schoendoerffer.

4629eafac0814953492ee185970315ca.jpg
4629eafac0814953492ee185970315ca.jpg (159.58 KiB) Viewed 3160 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwuVz2gUFZw

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:21 pm
by Jason Petho
https://youtu.be/ECysu-Nlf1w

This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue on with one of the larger campaigns, A Week in the Mekong, thanks to a Patreon request. Holy crap, what a bigger mess. I'm suffering too many casualties, as a whole. This episode focuses heavily on my attempt to recapture Ben Tre. I provide some valuable intel on how to conduct urban fighting. And how NOT to do so.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:53 pm
by Jason Petho
This is the Saturday live play session where I continue on with one of the larger campaigns, A Week in the Mekong, thanks to a Patreon request. Holy crap, what a mess. This day continued the fighting in Ben Tre and attempted to clear the woods to the west of the city. Near the end, night has fallen and I'm in a desperate attempt to get my units where they need to be.

https://youtu.be/dB7ZYr8ue8c


.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:18 pm
by Jason Petho
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue on with one of the larger campaigns, A Week in the Mekong, thanks to a Patreon request. We played through the Day 3 night, with some successes and some failures. Lots of very valuable lessons learned here, in particular about assaulting. One of the new features is buggered, but will have that remedied by the time we release 1.20!
.
.
https://youtu.be/AXgRHjW3Y-U

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:21 am
by Jason Petho
This is the Saturday live play session where I continue on with one of the larger campaigns, A Week in the Mekong, thanks to a Patreon request. We are in Day 4 and it's a slog. I ran into not one, but two ambushes! Freaking Viet Cong. On the bright side, the new feature I wanted to show you last session worked this time. It will be made available in 1.20. What a fun scenario, it's tough and challenging but not too complex.

.
https://youtu.be/HHlgRw1kPYA
.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:03 am
by Jason Petho
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. I spend the first bit going through the 1.20 UPDATE that is going to be released this week. The rest of the time is trying to avoid ambushes, recapturing lost ground and trying to hunt down a Viet Cong battalion. A fascinating fight and lots of fun with so many challenges to overcome!

.
https://youtu.be/myzpm_OG_xw
.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 2:09 pm
by Jason Petho
Here is the video AAR of turns 16 to 20 of the 420 turn A Week in Binh Long. There are seven days within this scenario, each day being 40 day turns and 20 night turns. Each day will bring a new mission for each of the battalions under my command. In this video, I give a brief overview of the last five turns and the actions that I have encountered thus far. Attack plans and future plans for various units. The Firebase at LZ Louisiana 5 has been built, although I ran into an issue. Area ALABAMA is secured.
.

https://youtu.be/GlZYqZXJ7zE

.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:37 am
by Jason Petho
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Some great questions today, they are scattered about the stream, but definitely worth a view. I went over the 1.21 UPDATE that will be available in a couple of weeks. Some really nice goodies in there, especially for those that like the Riverine battles. As usual, I give you pointers on how not to attack.
.
.
https://youtu.be/8goGvoTNg1U

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:04 am
by Jason Petho
This is the Saturday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. It was supposed to be a quiet night for Day 4, but alas the Viet Cong had other plans. Using my very meager ARVN forces, I went on a mission of cleaning up the VC that I was coming across. How did that turn out? Well, take a gander to find out. Additional information on the 1.21 UPDATE is gone through and we have managed to get through the Day 4 night and have just started Day 5, with new missions.
.
https://youtu.be/xE3uCJJA_ss
.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:24 pm
by Jason Petho
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. With the release of the 1.21 UPDATE, spend the first part going through what is included in the update in detail. Then, we continue on with the new Day 5 missions. Looking at what I have to do and what I believe is coming, my poor grunts are in for a bad day.
.
https://youtu.be/6IRG78B1LEw

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:39 pm
by Jason Petho
This is the Sunday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.21 UPDATE, the battle continues. It is Day 5 and there are new missions for my depleted battalions. On the bright side, as the turns progress, I do acquire some very useful reinforcements! Happy Fathers day!
.
https://youtu.be/neJmmWGUdaw

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:23 pm
by Jason Petho
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.21 UPDATE, the battle continues. It is Day 5 and I have been making good progress on the advance into Area KILO and LIMA. Area LIMA has been nearly secured and I am organizing my reinforcement ARVN troops to lead the attack on the primary defended position in Area KILO. Exciting times to be had indeed!

.
https://youtu.be/oJfXPEVcHFU
.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:26 am
by Jason Petho
This is the Sunday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.21 UPDATE, the battle continues. We are nearing the end of Day 5 and while I have secured Area LIMA, Area KILO is turning into a disaster. During these turns, I am rushed to get the mission complete before the end of the day. This is a prime example of how NOT to play Campaign Series Vietnam. I had a plan, then threw it out the window due to my impatience and suffered the consequences accordingly.
.
https://youtu.be/U9_cWQ2PB0s
.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:38 am
by Jason Petho
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.22 UPDATE, the battle continues. Darkness finally fell on Day 5 and I didn't finish securing Area KILO. I have been attempting to do so and losing infantry all over the place. I would certainly do this day again (well, I'd do the whole campaign again differently). There are some valuable lessons in here on what to do and what not to do. More on the not side. What a mess.
.
.
https://youtu.be/1-CGEZ2dOE0
.

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:45 pm
by Jason Petho
This is the Sunday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.22 UPDATE, the battle continues. We are still in the middle of the night of Day 5, doing what we can to secure Area KILO before day break of Day 6. It's been a grind. Even worse, Dong Tam was attacked by Sappers... and well, that was a mess. I did take some time to explain the difference between Mekong and Bing Long, from a campaign point of view and there were some great questions by those following on Twitch.

.
https://youtu.be/_R6KFZ5NpI0

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:30 pm
by Jason Petho
Here is the video AAR of turns 21 to 25 of the 420 turn A Week in Binh Long. There are seven days within this scenario, each day being 40 day turns and 20 night turns. Each day will bring a new mission for each of the battalions under my command. In this video, I give a brief overview of the last five turns and the actions that I have encountered thus far. Attack plans and future plans for various units. 1st/16th has pretty well secured all of Area ALABAMA while 2d/28th has nearly completed securing Area KILO and LOUISIANA, there are some Viet Cong holding out which are slowly being surrounded to be eliminated.

https://youtu.be/Zh7ov0BWIFQ

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:04 pm
by Jason Petho
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.22 UPDATE, the battle continues. It's been some simple combat, but some good assaults and how to assault with some basic encirclement tactics. I finished Day 5 night and started Day 6, with new missions. I'm definitely not prepared for Day 6.
.
https://youtu.be/jnwYI-60lg4

Re: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:38 am
by Jason Petho
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.22 UPDATE, the battle continues. Here we are nearly finished the morning of Day 6. I finally have some reinforcements. WOO HOO! Alas, they are just some Regional Force units, but that's OK, they will be helpful! The day is progressing quickly and I still have lots of real estate to capture.

.

https://youtu.be/8R0AAJsZmcM

.