Re: Call to Arms 1914 Jazon vs Racndoc
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:23 pm
Turn 34, October 7th, 1916
Replay: I spotted some Turkish regrouping in Caucasus. In the East Germans pursued Russians, and destroyed one Core. In Balkans Austro-Hungarians regrouped, but couldn’t even think of retaking Belgrade.
But more sinister news came across from France...Germans were able to push forward in the southern sector - Belfort had fallen! Altogether Kaiser’s subordinates killed two French and one British Core. It looked like Germany kept pushing both directions, West and East. Questions was how long could they conduct such bold offensives? After all, Entente should had more MPP’s. Right?
Western Front: In south, the French reinforced damaged cores, and re-established defense lines. In the North sector, the Brits were called out fro immediate action, due to relieve their Allies. In Flanders there were tactical success, and two German Cores were wiped out by the guests from the Isles. France put another chit(reaching 3 invested) into Gas/Shell production.
Eastern Front: If you thought that French would not dare to call Russians for even more effort in order to relieve them, you are wrong. Russian High Command performed several counterattacks on unexpected pursuing German forces. Two Sauerkart Cores hit the floor. However, those Russian units that left the trenches were most likely to be annihilated in the next turn...
Italy: After more then year preparation, with air and artillery support the Italians successfully stormed Trento, and eliminated defending German core.
Baltic: British sub bravely raided German convoys to Sweden.
Science Front: UK got S&I 2, Production 2 and Industrial 2. Russia got Production 2 and Italy got Industrial 1.
Although Germans took Belfort I was able to kill 5 German cores and took Trento. I guessed the tide was changing in my favor.
Turn 35, November 4th , 1916
Replay: In Baltic Sea, German Fleet started to hunt this valiant British Sub. In the East I witnessed Teutonic Fury: 5 Russian corps were killed! Among those three in the Center, it was obvious Kaiser wanted to take Brest Fortress at all costs! In France Germans kept pushing...the destroyed two French Cores, and moved south one hex forward. It was pure war of attrition. I was rather calm about Western powers, but Russia was in tatters.
Eastern Front: I withdrew one hex back all forces in the Ukraine.
Western Front: France was bleeding but stubborn: two German Cores died under power of Elan. Also in the rear reserve French divisions were receiving new gear: Infantry Weapons level 2. However French morale fall below 50%.
UK&Italy spend their MPP’s and bought Artillery Unit each. UK invested as well one chit in armored WF and Italians decided to form Czechoslovak Legion.
Science Front: Finally! UK got gas/shell 2 and France got Art WPNS 2, Italy Shells 1! That was the news I was waiting for! I was about to rain those German Wurst-eaters with shells all around Western Front!
Replay: I spotted some Turkish regrouping in Caucasus. In the East Germans pursued Russians, and destroyed one Core. In Balkans Austro-Hungarians regrouped, but couldn’t even think of retaking Belgrade.
But more sinister news came across from France...Germans were able to push forward in the southern sector - Belfort had fallen! Altogether Kaiser’s subordinates killed two French and one British Core. It looked like Germany kept pushing both directions, West and East. Questions was how long could they conduct such bold offensives? After all, Entente should had more MPP’s. Right?
Western Front: In south, the French reinforced damaged cores, and re-established defense lines. In the North sector, the Brits were called out fro immediate action, due to relieve their Allies. In Flanders there were tactical success, and two German Cores were wiped out by the guests from the Isles. France put another chit(reaching 3 invested) into Gas/Shell production.
Eastern Front: If you thought that French would not dare to call Russians for even more effort in order to relieve them, you are wrong. Russian High Command performed several counterattacks on unexpected pursuing German forces. Two Sauerkart Cores hit the floor. However, those Russian units that left the trenches were most likely to be annihilated in the next turn...
Italy: After more then year preparation, with air and artillery support the Italians successfully stormed Trento, and eliminated defending German core.
Baltic: British sub bravely raided German convoys to Sweden.
Science Front: UK got S&I 2, Production 2 and Industrial 2. Russia got Production 2 and Italy got Industrial 1.
Although Germans took Belfort I was able to kill 5 German cores and took Trento. I guessed the tide was changing in my favor.
Turn 35, November 4th , 1916
Replay: In Baltic Sea, German Fleet started to hunt this valiant British Sub. In the East I witnessed Teutonic Fury: 5 Russian corps were killed! Among those three in the Center, it was obvious Kaiser wanted to take Brest Fortress at all costs! In France Germans kept pushing...the destroyed two French Cores, and moved south one hex forward. It was pure war of attrition. I was rather calm about Western powers, but Russia was in tatters.
Eastern Front: I withdrew one hex back all forces in the Ukraine.
Western Front: France was bleeding but stubborn: two German Cores died under power of Elan. Also in the rear reserve French divisions were receiving new gear: Infantry Weapons level 2. However French morale fall below 50%.
UK&Italy spend their MPP’s and bought Artillery Unit each. UK invested as well one chit in armored WF and Italians decided to form Czechoslovak Legion.
Science Front: Finally! UK got gas/shell 2 and France got Art WPNS 2, Italy Shells 1! That was the news I was waiting for! I was about to rain those German Wurst-eaters with shells all around Western Front!