Page 22 of 61
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:30 am
by fabertong
Capt........the Burma road is open through Myitk............I don't see Speedy starting an offensive in China before summer '44...........he could flank towards Hanoi....but It's a long haul......but it is a good point.....I'll move some more recons into the area...........
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:45 am
by BrucePowers
See, this is why you have a staff. When you posts these maps here, your staff can give you recommendations.[:)]
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:01 pm
by fabertong
Bruce.......from now on you can expect a plethora of maps.......
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:27 pm
by niceguy2005
Besides maps are pretty. [:D]
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:39 am
by fabertong
Once again.....sorry for the long delay in posting...........
It's Dec. 7th 1943.........
Speedy has returned to Wake.........This was a big surprise to me as I expected him to bypass Wake.......and go for Ein....or Ponape instead......
The last 2 turns a total of 5 Bombardment TFs have hit Wake.......and this turn over 200 aircraft bombed Wake as well.........
Coastal guns returned fire........and Australia was set on fire and badly damaged.........otherwise his TFs recieved little or no damage.........over half my coastal guns are now destroyed.......
My only hope is that he rushes his invasion....and goes in the next 3 days.....while my troops can still take a bite.......
My fleet.......is now at Wasile.......2xAAG(6CVs2CVL and escorts).........waiting to see what Speedy is up to in North Oz..........1 SAG is at Balikpapan(2BBs and escorts)....also ready to oppose Steven's expected move on Timor.......
Kaga is down to 18 Sys and will join Hiyo in Tokyo next month to form AAG 3.........
The fleet will not move to protect Wake......

RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:25 pm
by Capt. Harlock
Coastal guns returned fire........and Australia was set on fire and badly damaged.........otherwise his TFs recieved little or no damage.........over half my coastal guns are now destroyed.......
Hmmm. I don't want to give away any of Speedy's secrets, but wasn't the Australia tagged by a mine?
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:54 am
by niceguy2005
It is an interesting move by Speedy. At least you don't have any critically important units at Wake. He will suffer significant disruption/disablement rushing the island. Is Marcus well prepared of an invasion?
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:18 am
by fabertong
ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock
Coastal guns returned fire........and Australia was set on fire and badly damaged.........otherwise his TFs recieved little or no damage.........over half my coastal guns are now destroyed.......
Hmmm. I don't want to give away any of Speedy's secrets, but wasn't the Australia tagged by a mine?
AHA........I must have missed that.....I wondered how 5 inchers.....got through the plate.........
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:21 am
by DuckofTindalos
I personally think it's Speedy wanting payback for the last Wake debacle...[:D]
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:21 am
by fabertong
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
It is an interesting move by Speedy. At least you don't have any critically important units at Wake. He will suffer significant disruption/disablement rushing the island. Is Marcus well prepared of an invasion?
Marcus is ready ....I'll post the OOB later....... I hope my supply holds out at wake.........after 4 days bombarding......it has dropped from 28,000........to 14,000
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:23 am
by fabertong
ORIGINAL: Terminus
I personally think it's Speedy wanting payback for the last Wake debacle...[:D]
I must admit T......... I thought his best action was to bypass Wake.........but this time....for Speedy....'It's personal'......
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:24 am
by DuckofTindalos
Exactly... You singed too many of his tailfeathers last time...[;)]
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:56 am
by fabertong
I doubt he will be in a hurry this time........and will bomb the 'living wahoo' out of Wake before sending in his troops..........
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:45 pm
by niceguy2005
ORIGINAL: fabertong
I doubt he will be in a hurry this time........and will bomb the 'living wahoo' out of Wake before sending in his troops..........
How patient a player is Speedy? Perhaps you can goad him into it. Probably not, it's just a thought really.
RE: The Irrawadi Line
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:40 am
by fabertong
ORIGINAL: niceguy2005
ORIGINAL: fabertong
I doubt he will be in a hurry this time........and will bomb the 'living wahoo' out of Wake before sending in his troops..........
How patient a player is Speedy? Perhaps you can goad him into it. Probably not, it's just a thought really.
Very Patient.....he tends to build up ops and execute them at his leisure not reacting to my moves......the first Wake op.he sent in his troops too early......I think he believed his overwhelming force could take on anything......I thought so too......but since he has followed the formula of bypass strong points.......or if you have to take them bomb them for at least 2 weeks before going in.......I'd love to disrupt his Wake build up.......but the fleet will wait to support Marcus or the Marianas........
RE: Ouch.........
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:32 am
by fabertong
December 16th 1943............
Chiyoda is hit by two torpedoes from a US fleet submarine while in transit to Pelau for refueling......she has 57 Flt 55sys and is 8 hexes from base..........I hope she will make it.....even so she will be out of action for the next six months.......
Speedy's move on Timor began with a Marine Para landing on Lautwhatever.......I have evac-ed all but a SNLF force at Koepang.......
Trouble is brewing, I fear on all fronts......as Speedy looks to exert pressure in multiple Theatres all at once....stretching my allready streched resources.........
RE: Ouch.........
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:41 pm
by Mike Solli
Hey Faber,
What's your supply situation at Wake?
Long live the Penguin!
RE: Ouch.........
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:11 pm
by Capt. Harlock
ORIGINAL: fabertong
December 16th 1943............
Trouble is brewing, I fear on all fronts......as Speedy looks to exert pressure in multiple Theatres all at once....stretching my allready streched resources.........
Sounds like it won't be a happy 1944 for the Japanese Empire. What's the current score?
RE: Ouch.........
Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:49 pm
by fabertong
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Hey Faber,
What's your supply situation at Wake?
Long live the Penguin!
State of Wake...........

RE: Ouch.........
Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:50 pm
by fabertong
ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock
ORIGINAL: fabertong
December 16th 1943............
Trouble is brewing, I fear on all fronts......as Speedy looks to exert pressure in multiple Theatres all at once....stretching my allready streched resources.........
Sounds like it won't be a happy 1944 for the Japanese Empire. What's the current score?
Scores on the doors..........
