Page 25 of 25

Re: Expansion mod

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2026 6:42 pm
by Alvek
[18.06.2026]
Version 2.2.1.8
https://github.com/DW-UX/DistantWorldsE ... ag/2.2.1.8

Fixed bug with prison form non opening.
Fixed misspelled name for setting file.

Re: Expansion mod

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2026 6:24 pm
by Alvek
[24.06.2026]
Version 2.2.1.9
https://github.com/DW-UX/DistantWorldsE ... ag/2.2.1.9

Fix for prison form error and for 2.2.1.8

Re: Expansion mod

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2026 8:07 am
by Blueinstinct
Hey Alvek, I just stumbled across your Mod and i am absolutely delighted that you started working on Bacons legacy with, what seems to be high skill and determination. I just LOVE it! DW2 just doesn't hit the same way DW1 does, and it took some years to face that hard reality.

So here's my actual question: I have seen that you are working on GUI Scale, which is my singe biggest concern about this game. All the text is just sooo small, that i have to stop playing after 10 minutes... The GUI scale slider didnt do anything so i am wondering how things are developing on the GUI scale front.

Thanks for all you afford, for now i have resorted to the win11 Scaling, which does make things bigger but also blurry, its almost as if i am reducing my desktop resolution. I am still loving the experience with expansion and refreshed MOD running. I whish you a wonderful day, good sir !

Re: Expansion mod

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2026 11:38 pm
by rjantzi
I'm trying to load this mod and I'm wondering if there's anyway of telling, once the game starts, that I've been successful? I've loaded the mod folders and files into the root directory of the game and it starts up no problem, but nothing looks different that I can tell. Is there anywhere on the opening screens that acknowledge I'm using the DistantWorldsExpanded mod?

Re: Expansion mod

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2026 10:17 am
by Alvek
rjantzi wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2026 11:38 pm I'm trying to load this mod and I'm wondering if there's anyway of telling, once the game starts, that I've been successful? I've loaded the mod folders and files into the root directory of the game and it starts up no problem, but nothing looks different that I can tell. Is there anywhere on the opening screens that acknowledge I'm using the DistantWorldsExpanded mod?
Splash window during game startup displays mod version at top.
During game there is new button in option to select hotkeys. Main menu is missing this button, only during game it is present.
Ctrl+E (R?) opens Bacon search and command input popup window.

Re: Expansion mod

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2026 10:25 am
by Alvek
Blueinstinct wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2026 8:07 am Hey Alvek, I just stumbled across your Mod and i am absolutely delighted that you started working on Bacons legacy with, what seems to be high skill and determination. I just LOVE it! DW2 just doesn't hit the same way DW1 does, and it took some years to face that hard reality.

So here's my actual question: I have seen that you are working on GUI Scale, which is my singe biggest concern about this game. All the text is just sooo small, that i have to stop playing after 10 minutes... The GUI scale slider didnt do anything so i am wondering how things are developing on the GUI scale front.

Thanks for all you afford, for now i have resorted to the win11 Scaling, which does make things bigger but also blurry, its almost as if i am reducing my desktop resolution. I am still loving the experience with expansion and refreshed MOD running. I whish you a wonderful day, good sir !
Mod development paused right now, I mostly fix bugs when user report them. DWU built interface in way that is absolute pain to change, basically I need to rewrite UI to make any meaningful changes.
As I am serve in Ukraine army I can't spend much time on development on scale needed to rewrite or fix large problems, so unless I have more time or war ended mod will get new small features or bug fixes.

Re: Expansion mod

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 6:55 pm
by Alvek
[10.08.2026]
Version 2.2.1.10
https://github.com/DW-UX/DistantWorldsE ... g/2.2.1.10

Bugfix for loading older patch files with wrong structure when UseDbFiles set false.
Skipped loading DataBase with UseDbFiles set false.

Everyone can skip updating to this version unless you have relevant bug that prevents you from starting game.