Page 30 of 62
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 am
by herwin
ORIGINAL: tigercub
IN the case i am talking about,I have am undamaged TF toop ship group moving a Div,i have a Escort TF CL and a few DDs,and a ASW TF.....We come under attack by 3 DDs,they fight a battle and withdraw (3dds) but MY Escort TF coverts to a surface TF WHY? i dont see the point.(there is no damage to anyone to talk about)
Tiger!
Escort TFs are misnamed. They're intended to be a mechanism for moving damaged ships to repair. Automatically-generated escort TFs usually have an undamaged DD or CL accompanying.
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:34 am
by tigercub
I see the light thanks Herwin,so my TF Escort should had been a surface TF all along Sweet.
Tiger!
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 am
by John Lansford
I formed two escort TF's for damaged ships transiting from Pearl to the WC. One has several damaged BB's and other ships in it plus healthy DD's, the other has lighter damaged (but still bad enough) cruisers with some healthy DD's as ASW. The BB TF remains as an escort TF, but the one with the lesser damaged ships reverts back to surface warfare. Damage levels in that one are in the 30-40 range in the three categories; the BB's have 40-50 damage.
Also, I'm getting the "enemy TF parks in friendly port" problem. A TF stopped in Davao harbor a week ago and just sat there, not bombarding or anything else, until just last turn an invasion TF showed up. While it waited a BB got torpedoed and many Dutch subs had a shot at them.
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:15 pm
by oldman45
ORIGINAL: Pascal
Please pardon an ignorant question, but what does 'WAD' stand for?
Works As Designed
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:01 am
by fbs
Why do all Dutch submarines start scenario 001 returning to Soerabaja? I counted 10 subs at sea, and all of them are returning to base. Is that historical, or a quirk of the scenario?
This is in 1.0.1.1083, btw [:D]
Thanks!
fbs
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:51 am
by kirk23_MatrixForum
ORIGINAL: herwin
ORIGINAL: tigercub
IN the case i am talking about,I have am undamaged TF toop ship group moving a Div,i have a Escort TF CL and a few DDs,and a ASW TF.....We come under attack by 3 DDs,they fight a battle and withdraw (3dds) but MY Escort TF coverts to a surface TF WHY? i dont see the point.(there is no damage to anyone to talk about)
Tiger!
Escort TFs are misnamed. They're intended to be a mechanism for moving damaged ships to repair. Automatically-generated escort TFs usually have an undamaged DD or CL accompanying.
Any chance on getting another new Task Force button option, ( REPAIR ) ? often I have ships I want to send to a port or ship yard for repair only,and to avoid any other task forces if possible.[;)]
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:01 am
by Dixie
This isn't an issue as such, more of a question. Is there a reason that HMS Belfast doesn't turn up for the Brits in 1945? She was on her way out East on VJ Day and was in the South China sea in August.
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:08 am
by John Lansford
ORIGINAL: afspret
Speaking of subs issues, I've got two @ Midway with 0 fuel (one disbanded in port & the other docked) and neither will refuel because both refuel options are greyed out. The one that is still in a TF has auto-refuel on but won't refuel that way either. Midway is still a size 1 port with a small amount of fuel, but I also have a troop and tanker TF there as well. Boats have systems damages of 13 & 20 respectively.
I also have another sub @ sea about halfway between Midway & PH in the same hex as an AG but I can't refuel that boat either because the refuel at sea button is greyed out. This boat has systems damage of 22.
afspret,
I don't believe subs are allowed to "refuel at sea" under any circumstances. They must refuel from a port, so if Midway does not have sufficient fuel, it won't matter how many tankers/transports you've got in the harbor, they won't refuel from anyone. I have had that problem too before the first patch, subs running out of fuel on the high seas, and I'd divert ships to meet them. They wouldn't refuel then either.
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:05 pm
by JWE
ORIGINAL: Dixie
This isn't an issue as such, more of a question. Is there a reason that HMS Belfast doesn't turn up for the Brits in 1945? She was on her way out East on VJ Day and was in the South China sea in August.
Good question, since Jamaica shows up about the same time. Brain fart perhaps?
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:56 pm
by Dixie
ORIGINAL: JWE
ORIGINAL: Dixie
This isn't an issue as such, more of a question. Is there a reason that HMS Belfast doesn't turn up for the Brits in 1945? She was on her way out East on VJ Day and was in the South China sea in August.
Good question, since Jamaica shows up about the same time. Brain fart perhaps?
I wouldn't like to imply anything [:'(] [:D]
I was curious as there are plenty of ships arriving after her but wasn't sure if there was a special reason she wasn't there.
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:14 pm
by fbs
Scenario 1, 1.0.1.1083:
Task Forces 434 and 435 are PT boat TFs, and start the scenario with reaction range 6; should be 1.
Thanks!
fbs
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:09 pm
by Dobey455
Hi guys,
Just a tiny, tiny issue for you, the Australia class CA's have all their light AA assigned to the RS of the ship (I think its the 20mm mounts). This only seems to be until the first upgrade, the upgraded model is correct.
Noticed in Scen 1 and 2, running Beta Patch.
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:50 pm
by JWE
ORIGINAL: Dobey
Hi guys,
Just a tiny, tiny issue for you, the Australia class CA's have all their light AA assigned to the RS of the ship (I think its the 20mm mounts). This only seems to be until the first upgrade, the upgraded model is correct.
Noticed in Scen 1 and 2, running Beta Patch.
Too late for patch-1, but noted.
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:39 pm
by Bliztk
SCEN 1
Ship 14070 Ha-232 has a delay of 460230. February has only 28 days in 1946 (and every other year ) [:'(]
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:46 pm
by oldman45
AFDB-2 cannot move out of the port of Portland.
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 am
by erstad
On the ship screen, the "only show ships with pending upgrades" button also shows ships whose only "upgrade" is a conversion. It would be nice if it only showed upgrades. One generally wants all the upgrades, but not all the conversions, and the more conversions pending the harder it is to find the one or two ships that missed their upgrades.
Interestingly enough, there are five buttons at the bottom of the screen and room for six (two rows of three), so we could even add a "Show ships with available conversions"!
[Deleted]
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 am
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]
RE: Help Please, I may have a game breaker problem
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:15 am
by Don Bowen
ORIGINAL: Grognerd
Playing scenario 2 Japanses AI - unpatched. Watched for several weeks ships appearing to be going in and out of Baker Is. Always heading NW. Kept getting intel about attack at Canton (from around march to April 42).
Finally changed sides to see what was going on as I knew some CV's were there. Several TF including a bombard group (the lead) CV group and AK invasion group) were set to move to Canton but appeared stuck in the NE hex above Baker Island. Judging from the fuel they were stuck there about a month. I did not want to change sides to spoil the suprise but eventually knew something was amiss.
Is this related to a fix in the patch? Or something else.
I patched the game, Played both sides and reset the stuck Japanese fleets (went back to early April as far as I could go) to go to truk for re-fueling and such. Now it's May 18 '42 and the fleet just re-appeared stuck in the same place (one hex N-E of Baker Is.) Now I change side to redirect the fleets around the "bad hex" and the game won't let me select any of the fleets as Japanese player! Now I can't re-direct them. Three fleet carriers are in the stuck along with several major ampib units. Went back to April 27th as far back as I can and still can't select! Any body out there have any ideas? or which save games should/could I post?
Post a current save in the tech support forum.
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 pm
by JWE
ORIGINAL: erstad
On the ship screen, the "only show ships with pending upgrades" button also shows ships whose only "upgrade" is a conversion. It would be nice if it only showed upgrades. One generally wants all the upgrades, but not all the conversions, and the more conversions pending the harder it is to find the one or two ships that missed their upgrades.
Interestingly enough, there are five buttons at the bottom of the screen and room for six (two rows of three), so we could even add a "Show ships with available conversions"!
The “pending” note only shows upgrades/conversions that are available RIGHT NOW. If it’s ’42 you will not see either upgrades or conversions available in ’43. If the ‘upgrade’ button doesn’t show, it means there’s no upgrade scheduled AT THAT TIME. If only conversions show, it means only conversions are available.
RE: Help Please, I may have a game breaker problem
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:17 pm
by Don Bowen
ORIGINAL: Don Bowen
ORIGINAL: Grognerd
Playing scenario 2 Japanses AI - unpatched. Watched for several weeks ships appearing to be going in and out of Baker Is. Always heading NW. Kept getting intel about attack at Canton (from around march to April 42).
Finally changed sides to see what was going on as I knew some CV's were there. Several TF including a bombard group (the lead) CV group and AK invasion group) were set to move to Canton but appeared stuck in the NE hex above Baker Island. Judging from the fuel they were stuck there about a month. I did not want to change sides to spoil the suprise but eventually knew something was amiss.
Is this related to a fix in the patch? Or something else.
I patched the game, Played both sides and reset the stuck Japanese fleets (went back to early April as far as I could go) to go to truk for re-fueling and such. Now it's May 18 '42 and the fleet just re-appeared stuck in the same place (one hex N-E of Baker Is.) Now I change side to redirect the fleets around the "bad hex" and the game won't let me select any of the fleets as Japanese player! Now I can't re-direct them. Three fleet carriers are in the stuck along with several major ampib units. Went back to April 27th as far back as I can and still can't select! Any body out there have any ideas? or which save games should/could I post?
Post a current save in the tech support forum.
OK, there is actually no (current) bug here. If you look in your Japanese operations report you will see "
TF 304 slows down to allow following TF 20 to catch up". TF 20 is at Guam, loading. It actually should complete loading but does not due to a disrelated bug, now solved.
TF 304 is oscillating 9 hexes away from it's destination (Canton Island). This is because the slow following TF 20 has forced TF 304 to slow down to 1 hex per phase
and the need for a bombardment TF to stand off 12-hours max speed steaming from the target until night. It moves one hex toward Canton each night, one hex back each day. That will continue until TF 20 catches up. And all the other following TFs are linked to TF 304 in lock step.
Cancel load on TF 20 and wait for it to catch up.