Page 4 of 4
Re: GC41: Kamil (Ger) vs Dodo98 (Sov)
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2026 11:26 am
by TallBlondJohn
Having besieged Moscow in 1942 it's amazing to see somebody get there in 1941. My battle made Stalingrad look like a picnic, but Moscow had multiple fortresses. Being able to get the rail connected just south of the city was vital, as you say supply beyond Moscow is very difficult as its the hub. The winter will be brutal if it doesn't fall.
Re: GC41: Kamil (Ger) vs Dodo98 (Sov)
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2026 4:48 pm
by KamilS
This will be new experice for me as I have never played through first winteE as German so I am not 100% sure what to expect.
Re: GC41: Kamil (Ger) vs Dodo98 (Sov)
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2026 11:37 am
by KamilS
Turn 20 End 1/3
North
Reorganisation continou.

- T20E N1.jpg (618.08 KiB) Viewed 642 times

- T20E N2.jpg (454.17 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Re: GC41: Kamil (Ger) vs Dodo98 (Sov)
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2026 11:39 am
by KamilS
Turn 20 End 2/3
Center
Trhee captured hexes in Moscow area. I consider this as important win.
Further south, near Orel less was achieved, but still it is mud season, so my expectations were low.

- T20E C1.jpg (376.83 KiB) Viewed 641 times

- T20E C2.jpg (277.57 KiB) Viewed 641 times

- T20E C3.jpg (314.32 KiB) Viewed 641 times
Re: GC41: Kamil (Ger) vs Dodo98 (Sov)
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2026 11:41 am
by KamilS
Re: GC41: Kamil (Ger) vs Dodo98 (Sov)
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2026 12:13 pm
by tm1
Hi @Kamil
Have you stripped your Theatre Boxes down as I see you had Italian troops by Turn 4, historically they don't turn up till Turn 8, once the snow / cold weather starts in late Oct early Nov you should be able to take Moscow you may take Voronezh, Yaroslavl and Ryazan or not depending how your opponent does.
Could you please show us your rail network in the central sector say from Kalinin to Orel I would just like to see how far your rail lines have reached since I noticed you have a rail unit east of Moscow.
Will be interesting to see how the Red Army winter offensive take shape since your opponent's new major supply base is Saratov and then back the cities in and around the Urals.
Re: GC41: Kamil (Ger) vs Dodo98 (Sov)
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2026 12:33 pm
by KamilS
tm1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2026 12:13 pm
Hi @Kamil
Have you stripped your Theatre Boxes down as I see you had Italian troops by Turn 4, historically they don't turn up till Turn 8, once the snow / cold weather starts in late Oct early Nov you should be able to take Moscow you may take Voronezh, Yaroslavl and Ryazan or not depending how your opponent does.
Could you please show us your rail network in the central sector say from Kalinin to Orel I would just like to see how far your rail lines have reached since I noticed you have a rail unit east of Moscow.
Will be interesting to see how the Red Army winter offensive take shape since your opponent's new major supply base is Saratov and then back the cities in and around the Urals.
I am gradually getting Italian troops out of TB
In regards to rail - I can't do it as this for current turn as this is server game. I will be able to show it during laterer stages of '41.