Page 5 of 6

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:55 pm
by htuna
Question to any of you who have bought all the planes.. I'm thinking of grabbing the Pfalz D.III.. is it as maneuverable as the Albatross?... does the lower upper wing give good visibility?.. In general is this plane an easy one like the Albstros?

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:04 pm
by Hard Sarge
I like it, I have flown it more then the others, with the DIII coming in 2nd

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:43 pm
by htuna
Thanks Sarge.. I added it to my roster.. looking forward to flying it!

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:18 pm
by New York Jets
As soon as I upgrade my machine I'm buying this. WWI flight sims are my absolute favorites.

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:38 pm
by hgilmer3
cmurphy, I'd like to get together on multiplay.  For reference:  I have shot 2 planes down so far and have played about 2 hours total.  I have no clue about Xfire.

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46 pm
by hgilmer3
There's a sale going on at the Rise of Flight website.  But, I try to buy a bundle and it says "Not available"?  Anyone else experience this?

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:49 pm
by htuna
maybe they're planes that you already have?.. what timezone are you in? maybe we can hook up tonight..

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:16 pm
by htuna
One thing that stinks.. is all the servers I checked.. none have padlock [:@]

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 am
by hgilmer3
How can you set up our own server.  And the planes - no, on that.  It's the Dr 1 and the Camel and I have not bought any extra yet.


RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 am
by hgilmer3
Oh, I am in central.  Possibly soon to be back in Boston after 37 years gone.

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:37 am
by htuna
Grim.. hgilmer's gonna try and setup a server tomorrow night at 9 EST.. if interested in joining us, let us know..

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:58 pm
by hgilmer3
I think that sale is still going on.  The sale for 20% off planes should be over.

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:56 am
by hgilmer3
The Fokker Dr 1 is sweet if you don't overfly it.  I got it tonight and I was able to get in close to a dolphin a lot easier than the other planes I have tried.

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:33 pm
by Grim.Reaper
Just getting back to this after a little layoff. Wife actually surprised me with a TrackIR for my birthday so hopefully it adds to the immersion. I doubt it will help me still with my poor shooting:)

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:33 pm
by SlickWilhelm
Nice, Grim! Make sure that you RTFM so you get the most out of TrackIR. [8D]

It takes a little getting used to, but once acclimated, you'll wonder how you could have flown with out it!

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:15 pm
by Grim.Reaper
Slick,

Defintely takes getting used to, but I can tell it will make a difference eventually. It makes it much easier to see your surroundings and be aware of things around you.

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:55 am
by hgilmer3
Last night the server was out and no one can fly. It was very off putting for me.

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:38 am
by Grim.Reaper
Defintely a bad thing with the server not being up. That is why it drives my crazy when people use some kind of internet connection to verify your ownership of the software. There are just too many variables they can't control to promise a 100% smoothe ride. You have software, hardware, servers, networks, communications, your ISP, human error, etc. I'm glad they will be removing the online requirement in the future. If not, I see events like this being their eventual downfall since people will not take a chance on this game.

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:03 pm
by JudgeDredd
Just won a bid for a "slightly" used TrackIR4 Pro on eBay for £70...looking forward to using it for this sim as one of the things I found difficult was keeping an eye on the enemy!

RE: Rise of Flight WWI Flight Sim

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:14 pm
by Grim.Reaper
Judge,

It defintely helps. It is amazing how you can now keep track of everything around you. A different experience for sure. Makes it easier to see targets you might have missed since they were to the right or left of you, and not straight ahead. You'll like it, but it does take some getting used to:)