Page 5 of 9

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:11 am
by RocketMan
And now the end of turn screenshots. I will do them in the same order I did the start of turn ones.

First up: Turn 4 - End - Northeast.

The Germans don't have enough units in this area to make a big push unless they start using the Luftwaffe, which I doubt my opponent will do. Still he could, and probably will, make a local breakthrough somewhere.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:15 am
by RocketMan
First up: Turn 4 - End - North.

Formed a new defensive line and moved the units that got attacked last turn behind the front line to give them a chance to recover some readiness.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:20 am
by RocketMan
First up: Turn 4 - End - Northwest.

Not a lot changed here form the start of the turn. I used the artillery unit in the bottom right to bombard the unit next to it because it didn't have enough APs to move very far. And units in the bottom center fled to the south side of the Vistula river.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:28 am
by RocketMan
Turn 4 - End - West.

I couldn't form as long a defensive line as I wanted in this sector. I wanted it to go all the way to Gnesen. At the bottom right you can see the Engineer unit I attacked. According to my intelligence, which is suspect (due to my low recon rating of the Engineer unit), it only has 400 infantry and 50 trucks left. I also got all the bridges I wanted blown in this area.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:54 am
by RocketMan
Turn 4 - End - South: Lodz to Krakow.

I managed to form a new line, but it will certainly be broken again next turn.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:58 am
by RocketMan
Turn 4 - End - Southeast.

Built a new line but left it thin in the southeast sector because the Germans only have the Slovaks in this area. I also got more bridges blown in this sector.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:12 am
by RocketMan
Turn 4 - End - Full Map.

I messed the screenshots up and didn't get a row of hexes in the middle of the map, but I will post the picture anyway.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:13 am
by RocketMan
And so ends the tour of the battlefield for turn 4. What will turn 5 bring? Stick around and find out!

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:37 am
by Keunert
what cards have you played so far? did you raise some worker units? or what are your plans about your pp's?

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:06 pm
by RocketMan
I was going to play the "Do Broni!" (receive militia units) and "Improve Moral" cards on the first turn but forgot to do it. On the second turn I played the "Do Broni!" card and got five worker regiments in Lodz, but they were assigned to the closest HQ which was the Lodz Operational Group under Juliusz Rommel, the idiot who keeps ordering all units under his command to hold position. So I swapped them to Rydz-Smigly (the highest level HQ) but what I didn't realize was that swapping units from a HQ with a red down arrow on their portrait (representing a poor commander) cost 1 PP per unit, so I used up 5 PPs accidentally doing that. On turn 6 I will have 10 PPs and will probably play another "Do Broni!" card in Warsaw so the new units will automatically be assigned to Rydz-Smigly.

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:16 pm
by Keunert
in my current case white pbem game (playing poland) i accidently played the improve moral card. first i was really angry, now i realize that the high loss ratio for germany may be part of playing this card. its turn seven and the germans have 10 percent losses already, i ve got around 28 percent. and the battle for warsaw is still like three turns ahead.

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:11 pm
by RocketMan
What is the maximum moral of your units you are getting after you player the improve moral card? My units are either at 40 or 50.

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:01 am
by Keunert
i didn't check, i can't tell you

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:33 am
by RocketMan
Turn 5 - Messages.

Got another infantry regiment in Przemsyl (in the southeast area of the map) and losses are 3% for the Germans, 17% for the Poles. Not too bad a ratio and it might actually get better now that almost all the units surrounded in the first couple of turns have already been eliminated, although there are still a few holding out.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:38 am
by RocketMan
Turn 5 - Start - Northeast.

Still not a lot happening here. I will close the hole in my line and blow some bridges (circled in red).

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:52 am
by RocketMan
Turn 5 - Start - North.

Lines are holding in this sector, although I will probably pull them back a little this turn and I will blow the bridges circled in red.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:56 am
by RocketMan
Turn 5 - Start - Extreme Northwest.

Surprisingly a couple of regiments of the 27th Infantry Division are still holding out in this area, but as I said last turn, I don't expect them to survive another turn.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:26 am
by RocketMan
Turn 5 - Start - Northwest.

Still a few units holding out here as well but again they probably won't last through next turn.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:54 am
by RocketMan
Turn 5 - Start - West.

I will pull back my lines again in this area. It looks like the Germans are trying to cut off the Polish retreat route as shown with the black arrows. I will try and form a new line as shown and again bombard and attack the exposed Engineer unit inside the red square.

Image

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:08 am
by RocketMan
Turn 5 - Start - South - Lodz to Krakow.

My lines were again penetrated in multiple places this turn. I will try to build a new line as shown.
Image