Page 5 of 7

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:25 am
by Supervisor
With lots of vehicles scattered throughout and by the time I'm done fluhing him out of those buildings it will be flat.

Dreaming Dreaming (sung to Sailing Sailing...)

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:20 am
by TimeTanker
Dream on Nazi Pig Dog!

The snow will have come and gone many times before you ever get to see the inside of "ONE" building in Bastogne.

Do I hear Rockets on the way?

Ummmmm....If I give you a tour of Bastogne, will you promise not to fire the Rockets. I'll even find some WAC's to escort you....

Nah, didn't think you would fall for the WAC's on the French Home tour trick.

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:06 am
by Supervisor
My apologies, I missed your turn post somehow. Not much to report, got some units hiding in the woods. Trying to inch my way to town. This is coming a very long exhausting process.

Is Okay....easy to do...

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:59 am
by TimeTanker
Got the turn will play and send tonight before beddy bye:)

Boy I know you are out there....

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:09 am
by TimeTanker
But, whew are you hard to see or what?!

Again we traded a few shots. I finished off a couple of immobilized tracks.

And, found a Panzer slowly making it's way through the snow out in the woods. One of my recon units stopped to see if they had been poaching the Kings Deer. But, they didn't want to play Robin Hood and blew their Jeep to Kingdom Come. How Rude!

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:54 pm
by Supervisor
Ooops sorry I was aiming at the deer behind the jeep.

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:25 am
by Supervisor
It seems I underestimated your tactics a little, I figured you'd be renforcing the city waiting for me to roll in, instead you have roving patrols of armor and soliders looking for me or trying to set up an ambush. Well I guess I'll have to take to woods also to flush you out. I only want to give them invitations to the upcoming BBQ.

Opportunistic is more like it...

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:15 am
by TimeTanker
For the massive attack that was supposed to come this is like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Finally, some signs of an organized attack. Smoke descends on the northern flank of Bastogne. Obscuring the first treeline beyond the city. Two squads of Engineers get shot up pretty bad before retreating behind their own smoke towards town. The ominous sound of heavy tanks can be heard from beyond the second treeline. So retreat and regroup is the order for the day. That is for those that can move.

So now that the smoke has fallen we sit amongst the ruins of a week long drunk. Waiting for the sky to rain rockets. Bring it on I gotta get rid of this hangover somehow...

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:07 am
by M4Jess
Watching almost every play-back on this is almost like watching a movie!!! I feel blessed to able to watch these two knock at each others doors and then kicked back! I cant say much but I will say so..so good! turn 24 and I give it a 50/50

Thanks boys for a great DAR!!!!

For Germans eyes only!!!:mad:

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:11 am
by M4Jess
If I was the American player I would be scared...but not too scared!

For American eyes only!!!!:mad:

Slow turn

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:41 am
by Supervisor
Ok a very boring turn by our standards. I got a couple of foot soliders. A Panther ran into one of those Shermans lurking in the woods your crew must of thought it was the sausage wagon as fast as they bailed out and went running. One of the crew got trampled by his own men which means that Sherman won't recrew(a morale victory for me). It's turned into that prize fight again where we're doing alot of dancing but no punches, this will change when the rest of the party arrive for the festivities.

Still more of the same...

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:48 am
by TimeTanker
This is very interesting. Where the heck are you?

I got my french spies out there in the frozen french trenches and man you are either the master of making Panzers look like Frosty the Snowman or I should get ready for a whole bunch of Nazi Para's. (most likely just have everyone all bunched up there in the center inching forward to come smashing into town like a bunch of Trail Sore Cowboys on a Saturday Night.

Obviously you can see what I can't Jess. But, I got some recon still out there and either they are just walking right past the Nazi units or they ain't there.

Your cryptic statement about I'd be scared....did that mean I'm fighting ghosts?

:D

Trraded some more hull shots with the Panzers in the middle, but again not much else. Lost a HT sneaking around in the back field.

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:08 am
by Supervisor
I'd like to think I'm a ghost, I know your out in the woods looking for me and I'm looking for you. Also I'm pretty sure about some hot spots that might have an ambush waiting so I'm being extra causious. When we meet we can have tea!:D

Come on out and play

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:42 am
by Supervisor
Come out come out where ever you are, my cats are hungry. I know your out here looking for me, because my trophy case now contains even more bigger recon game Halftracks, you must be running out of recon units by now. I stirred up a hornest nest at the east gate. A Tiger shows it face in town and everyone even the villagers want to take shots at it, boy have I got a pinjuata surprise for them. If this is the kind of reception I'm going to get now what is going to happen when my King Tigers show up.

What kind of Tea do Germans Drink?

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:42 am
by TimeTanker
Schnapps Tea? Beer Tea?

Good recipe for a cold....Whiskey Tea.

One lemon baked at 350 for about 15 minutes.
One cup of hot black tea.
One or more tablespoons of Honey.
One or more shots of Wild Turkey.....

Take the baked lemon and squeeze the hot juice into the cup. Add the honey and tea and Whiskey. Consume all, hit the sack.

Home made Nyquil. What does that have to do with Bastogne? Have you ever stood out in the snow for more than a week with no show boots and only a few flea infested army blankets? That recipe is the hottest thing going around out there in the trenches!

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:49 am
by Supervisor
Hey I didn't create this blood bath in the snow, yell at the creator about your frozen feet. It wasn't my choice to get stuck out here for months. I don't even know why I want to go to Bastonge they don't even have a karaoke machine. I would have love a blood bath with the temps at about 60 degrees.

Lotsa Lotsa Tanks....

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:35 am
by TimeTanker
Managed to bang away a lot at one PZ IV and threw a lot of grenades. Finally finished the guy off with an M4.

HT Recon surprised a Jagpanther in the woods ....And survived. They drove off to find somewhere to clean up.

If you don't know why you are here? Perhaps, I can send a few of the Locals out to give you some tips on how to get back to where ever it was you WERE going. I mean this was supposed to be a quiet place for us to take a breather.

Back to you.

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:56 am
by Supervisor
Ok got some more recon units, I'd swear you have a cloning device, got a flame on the city edge, his BBQ was too close to the fuel bladder I think. Got a Sherman waiting to set up an ambush but I came from within the woods and not the road to surprise him he wasn't happy he left the party empty handed. Stumbled across a mobile 105mm with a Stug IV they're staring each other down like it was a gunfight at the OK Coral. My rockets sent some Arm Inf heading for the protection of their mommies. Other than that nothing exciting good things this is 50 turns it will be that long before most of my Kings arrive.:p

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:30 am
by M4Jess
NOT FOR ALLIED EYES!!!!:mad: :mad:

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:31 am
by M4Jess
NOT FOR GERMAN EYES!!:mad: :mad: