Page 5 of 8
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:24 pm
by rob89
It's very sad to see guys playing (and writing AARs) using 3.6 Beta for months while we, ordinary people (& customers), are left without news ...
IMHO, it's not a fair play ...
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:59 pm
by Numdydar
+1
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:25 pm
by BigDuke66
I hope the testing at least makes sense and further work is done on the patch so to let it mature, but I would prefer to get my hands on it before it looks like a prune.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:50 pm
by Lobster
Well, all the testing in the world doesn't help if it never gets released. [;)]
I was kinda hoping for a Christmas gift but long ago I came to understand this game isn't even on the Matrix radar. I suppose eventually the beta patch will be made available to everyone, one way or another. [:'(]
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:31 pm
by Michael T
Does anyone have any idea as to what the improvements/fixes are?
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:09 am
by Oberst_Klink
ORIGINAL: Michael T
Does anyone have any idea as to what the improvements/fixes are?
I think there's a thread by Bob Cross somewhere. Also have a look at the FitE2 AAR by Onkel Larry and Fogger.
Klink, Oberst
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:56 am
by berto
Any hints of specific improvements to naval ops?
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:25 am
by Oberst_Klink
ORIGINAL: berto
Any hints of specific improvements to naval ops?
Good ole Bob did an intensive test with his Pearl Harbor scenario - see
tm.asp?m=3770284
Klink, Oberst
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:33 pm
by jeffnorton
It would be nice for an 'official' update of some sort. Anything!
Its just feeling 'old' or 'odd' waiting for this bus, but nothing is moving. Erik?
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:12 pm
by BigDuke66
Old? I stumbled several times over my beard already...
Giving some info now that shows some light at the end of the tunnel will surely help TOAWIII in the winter sale what can only be beneficial for the community... if that is wanted at all.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:04 pm
by 76mm
The complete lack of responses from either Ralph or Matrix about not only the patch, but the updated version of TOAW which was mentioned, is very disheartening...is it really that difficult to tap out a few lines with an update?
The developers for many of Matrix's games are extremely active and responsive on the forum, its a shame that this game is not the same.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:19 pm
by Curtis Lemay
Ralph's last post remains 8/16/14. His last log in was 12/22/14. Now you know as much as I do.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:30 pm
by pz501
Reluctantly I've got to agree that it just doesn't look like TOAW is ever going to get any type of update.
When we've got people using the latest beta saying that they think it's ready for at least a public beta trial, and we find that the developer logs in on occasion still, but doesn't bother to post, I have to start thinking that this game is probably finished. Comes a time I guess when you just can't maintain that positive outlook any more. But, after all, it is only a game.
Too bad, since it's still after all of these years the best available package for the price...maybe if the sun rises in the west someday, we'll get that big update, but for now, I'll just have to think it's very unlikely, and let those hopes rest.
There are worse situations here at Matrix. All anybody has to do is take a look at the "Eagle Day to Bombing The Reich" forum regarding patches and updates.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:31 am
by BigDuke66
Well that Eagle is dead for sure, but when you see that work has been done and not just a bit but a lot work to come this far with the beta patch it is simply not understandably why this isn't made public unless there are game stoppers.
I just feel that behind the curtain there might be some business crap going on that prevents this from moving on.
The beta patch for WitP:AE went also very far and now holds there as it seems no official patch is done anymore for that game.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:06 am
by Numdydar
The WitP betas are still being released, about one a month. But it is highly unlikely an 'official' patch for AE will ever be released. I personally have used the betas for AE as they come out have had no issues with any of them. And they have made the game much, much better.
Compare that to here and you see why people are getting fed up with TOAW III beta nonsense. I agree there must be some legal issues/disagreements that are going on behind the scenes.
Just like many others here, I have long lost the ability to care about TOAW anymore. There are just too many other good games out where the feedback and responses are a LOT better, like War in the West/East. I mean a major patch for WitE was just released this month as an example. For a game 4 years old no less.
With examples like these plus other Devs/companies at other studio's sites being responsive, there is no excuse for no one to comment here officially. Even if it is to say there is nothing to say at this time. But I am not even expecting that anymore. All I expect is crickets and silence for the foreseeable future. Sad really when you think about it.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:54 am
by major.pain
I am also holding fire on making a purchase simply because of the lack of information regarding when and if a patch is being released and if the next TOAW4 is indeed going to see the light of day at all.
As things stand with no clear picture and more of a collage of out of date information i will be holding off especially in light of what has happened with Command Ops and Lock & Load.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:20 pm
by Lobster
[:D]

RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:15 pm
by Bamilus
I've been waiting on this patch before I dive back into this game but looks like I might be waiting a bit longer. Shame.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:13 pm
by fogger
Let’s do a review of what we know.
1. There is something about the code for TOAW that means only Ralph can do the update. (I am not a computer geek so this may not be correct)
Question. Is this point correct?
2. On 9 Nov 2013 Ralph posted that the game is “being actively developed again”. This means that up to that point the game was on hold.
Question. Why had it been on hold for so long?
3. On 13 June 2014 Erik posts “more news soon. Work is ongoing”. Reading between the lines. There is a major problem and it is being worked upon.
Question. What is/was the major problem? Has it been overcome?
4. On 27 Nov 2014 Bob Cross posted “Ralph worked on it steady till 16 Aug. That was his last post. He still logs in regularly…”
Question. Why did Ralph suddenly stop working on the update? Does Ralph still work for Matrix?
5. From a number of other posts in various places on this forum from what has been said and not said I have the feeling that (Mr XXXXXXX) is working on TOAW 4.
Any NDA will stop anybody who is working on TOAW 4 from coming out and saying so, so look at who does not reply / comment on this point.
RE: Patch news (3.5)
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:22 am
by Lobster
1. It's spaghetti code.
2. Ralph had life issues. We all do from time to time. Maybe he does again.
3. There is no major problem.
4. As far as I know Ralph never did work for Matrix. It's my understanding he is a volunteer.
5. I tend to be a fairly positive person. At this time I'd say I'm positive no one is working on anything. Look at the other forums where work is being done. Tons of info and communications. Here, nothing. This is not the Manhattan Project and the game is relatively a dinosaur. There's no reason to be secretive. Conclusion, nothing is being done.
6. Play the old scenarios with the old game and look elsewhere to spend your money. John Tiller Software and Battlefront have some very nice stuff.