Page 5 of 5

RE: Berlin

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:13 pm
by Lützow
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: 76mm

hmmm, my apartment building was actually in one of your shots...who knows, maybe we walked right by each other...
warspite1

No. Definitely not, I would have recognised someone wearing that number of medals....[;)]

What a coincidence [:)] I'm intrigued as to which one now.....

That's funny. I'm also living there, not far from Kurfürstendamm. On my duty stroke I daily pass Siegessäule, Brandenburger Tor and usually leave the car near Berliner Dom.

It's impressive how much you have seen during your four days. I guess there is not much to add, but our museums, off course.

btw. I'm planning a short trip to London for next spring. Haven't been there since I was a pupil and only some vague memories left from back then.

RE: Berlin

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:14 pm
by AbwehrX
I was just there in May but I was only seeking chicks, not artifacts. [;)]

RE: Berlin

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 am
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Lützow

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: 76mm

hmmm, my apartment building was actually in one of your shots...who knows, maybe we walked right by each other...
warspite1

No. Definitely not, I would have recognised someone wearing that number of medals....[;)]

What a coincidence [:)] I'm intrigued as to which one now.....

That's funny. I'm also living there, not far from Kurfürstendamm. On my duty stroke I daily pass Siegessäule, Brandenburger Tor and usually leave the car near Berliner Dom.

It's impressive how much you have seen during your four days. I guess there is not much to add, but our museums, off course.

btw. I'm planning a short trip to London for next spring. Haven't been there since I was a pupil and only some vague memories left from back then.
warspite1

I don't know how long ago that was, but even in the last few years the London skyline has changed beyond all recognition.

And as for London Bridge station.....[X(]


Image

Image

Image

RE: Berlin

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:39 pm
by Lützow
ORIGINAL: warspite1
I don't know how long ago that was, but even in the last few years the London skyline has changed beyond all recognition.

Well, at least I still recognize your buses, so not everything changed. As far as I remember the fee was six pence back then for us kids. It's quite some time ago. [;)]

Looking forward to walk at River Thames again, visiting the Tower and - off course - the Imperial War Museum.

RE: Berlin

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:02 am
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Lützow

ORIGINAL: warspite1
I don't know how long ago that was, but even in the last few years the London skyline has changed beyond all recognition.

Well, at least I still recognize your buses, so not everything changed. As far as I remember the fee was six pence back then for us kids. It's quite some time ago. [;)]

Looking forward to walk at River Thames again, visiting the Tower and - off course - the Imperial War Museum.
warspite1

Yes the buses themselves may have changed, but they are still Red [:)]

RE: Berlin

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 am
by Fred98
My wife and I were in Berlin at the end of a 2 week visit to Germany.

We were there 5 nights - more than 4 full days. We thought that would be plenty.

There is a lot to see and we are going back some time. Great city!

The technology museum is very impressive. The East German Amperman is unforgettable!

And the Pilsner beer is fantastic!
.