Page 5 of 5

RE: Hawaii threatened. What to do?

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:17 am
by ADavidB
and at the same time I just picked up a convoy headed for Dutch Harbor.

Start to prepare for the Battle of the Pacific Northwest!

Hey, it can't hurt, and why take chances...

Good luck -

Dave Baranyi

RE: Hawaii threatened. What to do?

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:31 am
by AirGriff
Well, if you counted the divisions I had posted he's only got 2 hasn't shown yet plus assorted brigades. I suppose he could replace those divisions on Midway and Johnston with brigades, so that gives him 4 uncommitted divisions. Not enough to tackle the West Coast I shouldn't think.

RE: Hawaii threatened. What to do?

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:37 am
by ADavidB
ORIGINAL: AirGriff

Well, if you counted the divisions I had posted he's only got 2 hasn't shown yet plus assorted brigades. I suppose he could replace those divisions on Midway and Johnston with brigades, so that gives him 4 uncommitted divisions. Not enough to tackle the West Coast I shouldn't think.

What do you have in Vancouver? Can you stop 4 Divisions backed by the KB and the IJN BBs? If not, remember, the Japanese have transport planes that can drop paratroops in "United States" from Vancouver... He doesn't need to worry about the rest of the West Coast...

Sure, it's a low probability action, but some day, someone is going to do it, and your opponent seems agressive enough to try...

Good luck!

Dave Baranyi

RE: Hawaii threatened. What to do?

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:41 am
by AirGriff
Hmmm. I suppose your'e right. I'll keep an eye out for that move. Thanks for the input.

RE: Hawaii threatened. What to do?

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:09 pm
by AirGriff
Cripes. His latest email attached to the game file leads me to believe I'll be damned lucky if I'm left with the Society Islands and New Zealand in the Pacific. Hopefully, he's bluffing, but I don't think so.

KB just spotted heading to Palmyra Isl along with some evil cohorts. Plus, I just picked up some sort of force about 8 or so hexes southeast of Suva heading SE. The report sights a BB and a couple of CA's. Hmmmmm. I have a lot of shipping heading into New Zealand. They're still along ways away, though.

RE: Hawaii threatened. What to do?

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:41 pm
by kellyc
Well if what you say is true, then there is still time to RUN AWAY [:D]

How's that for strategy? [:'(]

Sincerely
Kellyc

RE: Hawaii threatened. What to do?

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:22 pm
by AirGriff
Lost sight of that particular TF this turn. I hate to say it, but I wish I would have just saved all those base forces in CENPAC/SOPAC. Now there just very small speed bumps. I don't even think I can save the Suva stuff.

As for the threat to the West Coast and Hawaii, aren't there rules if at least the West Coast is attacked it triggers early and additional release of some LCU's? If I'd get a alot of troops I'd almost welcome an attack.

RE: Hawaii threatened. What to do?

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:09 pm
by dtravel
Manual pp. 149-150, rule 8.3.2 Japanese Movement:

"If Japanese ground units move east of column 132 (inclusive), then all American and Canadian air and ground reinforcements will have their delay reduced by 180 days. Also, several U.S. infantry divisions will become immediately available.

If playing as the Japanese you will therefore find it near impossible to mount an effective invasion of the American (or Canadian) West Coast. Air raids on this area, however, have no effect on this rule, not do Japanese ships prowling east of this column."

RE: Hawaii threatened. What to do?

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:37 pm
by AirGriff
Good to know. Thanks.