Page 1 of 1

PBEM game doesn't save on last (victory) turn

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:28 am
by mikwarleo
I just finished my first complete PBEM game where we played through to the final victory. Playing as allies I finished off germany and won the game with decisive allied victory. However after the nice animations and victory report the game exits without saving and ultimately without recording the result. This means a player can't verify the result for my opponent in game.

This is a bad set-up since players have to resort to taking screen shots or some other method to verify their final victory for their opponent. It also means the defeated player can't review the last turn and final results.

In my case I replayed the turn after I realised this, took screen shots and saved it just before my turn was over emailing the save and my game password to my opponent so they could verify the victory. Seems the wrong way to go about it.

RE: PBEM game doesn't save on last (victory) turn

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:40 pm
by Forwarn45
Unless this is a new problem with a patch, I think you may have pressed the wrong option at the victory screen. There are two options at the end of the game - one to exit and one to look at the final map. Both options should be next to each other at the top right of the screen. Select the option to look at the final map. From there you can take a look at where both sides stood at the end of the game. When you are done, you can save it and send the file to your opponent to review. He can use the replay option to see the last turn like an ordinary save. I don't think you have to enter a password at this point so all players can view the final save.

Hope this helps!