Page 1 of 1

Crimea bug and looking for PBEM

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:49 pm
by vlar
I was playing a WIR game with the Axis and encountered a weird problem in the crimea. There were no russian armys there execept for the Sevastopol garrison and no partisans. I sent my army to advance but after they plotted into Soviet controlled terrytory behind them it reappeared as soviet controlled thus cutting them off for no apparent reason. Did anyone else encounter this? Does anyone has an explanation?
or maybe it's the old magic word we all fear: a bug. also does anyone wanna play PBEM. i want to be the germans.

p.s. prefer to play Possum WIR

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 7:09 pm
by screamer
ill play along in possum

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 7:17 pm
by TDV
Hi there,

I don't have a big experience in WiR but I'm ready to be the Soviet side.
If it's OK please mail me your first turn to
ibodou0964@rogers.com
One more question: What is the POSSUM scenario? Where can I download it? I always played WiR v3.101 before.

Regards,
TDV

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 8:13 pm
by vlar
Hi
Boy, I'm certainly popular but i'm afraid i have a self imposed one enemy limit so since french fries was first to offer we'll play. Sorry TDV maybe another time.

To TDV:
The URL to find Possum WIR is attached. it's called wirp2.zip

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/lokiwir/lst?.dir=/My+Documents

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: Pirate ]</p>

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 8:21 pm
by vlar
Also it's really important to me to know what you think about the crimea bug

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:38 pm
by RickyB
Originally posted by Pirate:
I was playing a WIR game with the Axis and encountered a weird problem in the crimea. There were no russian armys there execept for the Sevastopol garrison and no partisans. I sent my army to advance but after they plotted into Soviet controlled terrytory behind them it reappeared as soviet controlled thus cutting them off for no apparent reason. Did anyone else encounter this? Does anyone has an explanation?
or maybe it's the old magic word we all fear: a bug. also does anyone wanna play PBEM. i want to be the germans.

p.s. prefer to play Possum WIR

The only thing I can think is that at very low supply levels the control will switch to the other side, if they have high supply. However, this requires the hex to be at 0 supply level, I think, or maybe a 1??? If you would like send me the file, and a password if encrypted PBEM, and I will take a look to see if it is a bug or not.

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:31 pm
by screamer
you must control the rail line leading to sevastopol. before you go in, i learned the hard way.

and if you already control the rail line, check if it isnt damaged.

about the game: what is your e-mail adress??

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: french fries ]</p>