Page 1 of 1

Disappearing Hungarian destroyed vehicles

Posted: Sun May 28, 2000 10:06 pm
by troopie
Hungarian vehicles disappear when destroyed, leaving only a plume of smoke. Interestingly gun teams don't disappear.

troopie

Posted: Mon May 29, 2000 6:00 am
by Antonescu

This is old Hungarian military tradition.

When a tank blows up, leave the wounded crew on the ground and take the worthless tank to the rear for repairs.

The Marshal

Posted: Mon May 29, 2000 12:48 pm
by Recon_slith
There are old Hungarians and there are bold Hungarians.
But there are no old, bold Hungarians.

------------------
Wait for Death. There's a choice?
Recon

Posted: Mon May 29, 2000 1:40 pm
by Voriax
Originally posted by Antonescu:

This is old Hungarian military tradition.

When a tank blows up, leave the wounded crew on the ground and take the worthless tank to the rear for repairs.

The Marshal
Hmmm...so you have 'Rapid Reaction Recovery Teams' that lug a tank hulk away in minutes? Image Quite effective!

Voriax

Posted: Mon May 29, 2000 8:11 pm
by jmo1
I have seen destroyed tank disappearing if there is already wreckage in the same hex. Is this bug? I guess that I haven't see more than one destroyed armored vechile in one hex in SPWAW....

Posted: Wed May 31, 2000 7:11 am
by Spartacus!
Has anyone seen this yet? While creating a scenario in the editor (US vs Germany, 7/44, Summer-Large Map) when trying to assign a truck to a new HQ (the A0 HQ unit) the truck blew up right in the scenario editor! It happened twice before I gave up trying to reassign a vehicle. I also went back and tried to change the destroyed Dodge command car into a medium truck, which it did...into a destroyed medium truck. I did read the manual this time, Paul, and didn't see this listed as a "feature". Image Oh, and since this is my first post on the Matrix forum, let me add that all involved in bringing SPWAW to us did an outstanding job!! Thanks, guys.

Rick

Posted: Wed May 31, 2000 8:31 am
by Paul Vebber
Hail Spartacus!

Hi RIck, yes that bug is now regarded as a "feature" by those who want to have some wrecks around teh battlefield :-)

It is under repair I believe, but as all units are in the A0's ormation by default, there is really no reason to attach units to it directly that way.


Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 6:55 am
by Spartacus!
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Vebber:

[It is under repair I believe, but as all units are in the A0's ormation by default, there is really no reason to attach units to it directly that way.]

Yeah, I just wanted to move a transport vehicle purchased further down the list into the A0's formation for logistical ease after I realized that the jeep I purchased for the HQ couldn't fit the unit's full compliment. It's been a long time since I set up those Battlefest scenarios and I'm a little rusty. It was quite a humorous surprise to watch the vehicles explode as I reassigned them. After the first one, I was like, "no, that didn't just happen...", so I tried it again...duh. :O

Rick