Page 1 of 1
Music Preview
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:05 pm
by jeffthewookiee
I know all of you are awaiting Battlefront's release as I am, but I can assure you, the time is being well spent. In addition to improving the new game system, SSG has also had me working on a soundtrack for the game. As a devoted Korsun Pocket player, I jumped at the chance to create some exciting music for SSG's latest. I've been spending the extra time composing music for the game, and I hope that you all find it worth the wait.
As a short preview, I've created a 'teaser' version of the new Battlefront theme. Click on the link below to hear it.
Battlefront
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:30 pm
by JSS
Well done Jeff!
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:27 am
by sol_invictus
Sounds good; I likey.
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:30 am
by jeffthewookiee
Thanks folks. Don't worry, there will be plenty more for ya when you get the game.
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:21 pm
by TheHellPatrol
[8D]Awesome job, JeF! At first i always set music at 75 or 80 but the setting doesn't save so i left it. The next turn, as the Axis, the music became spooky and very haunting with that bass line on a 120 Watt Surround Sound[X(]. My kids thought i was watching John Carpenters "The Thing"...talk about a "spooky" movie

.
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:24 pm
by jeffthewookiee
ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol
[8D]Awesome job, JeF! At first i always set music at 75 or 80 but the setting doesn't save so i left it. The next turn, as the Axis, the music became spooky and very haunting with that bass line on a 120 Watt Surround Sound[X(]. My kids thought i was watching John Carpenters "The Thing"...talk about a "spooky" movie

.
Thanks very much for the compliment. I'm glad to hear the music enhances your experience of the game!
Just for your own info, I have some more wargaming music free for download at my site. Click on my signature graphic for some more good tunes.
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:31 pm
by TheHellPatrol
Your style, especially "Ambient", reminds me of Jean Michel Jarre...a GOD of the keyboards and electronics.[8D]
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:35 pm
by jeffthewookiee
ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol
Your style, especially "Ambient", reminds me of Jean Michel Jarre...a GOD of the keyboards and electronics.[8D]
I'm not familiar with that artist's music, but I'll have to make sure I become familiar with it! Thanks very much for a favorable comparison.
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:41 pm
by TheHellPatrol
ORIGINAL: jeffthewookiee
ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol
Your style, especially "Ambient", reminds me of Jean Michel Jarre...a GOD of the keyboards and electronics.[8D]
I'm not familiar with that artist's music, but I'll have to make sure I become familiar with it! Thanks very much for a favorable comparison.
[X(]Holy Cow! The most prolific artist who began the "New Age" music category back in 1976

. I worked at "Music +" when i was in College so i was exposed to all sorts of things. Jean Michel Jarre "Oxygene"...beautiful music. Released in 1976, he had two susequent albums...all tied in in theme and style. I'm only 44 JeF...you make me feel old[;)]. Btw! I'm a Metal Head by nature

!
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:43 pm
by jeffthewookiee
ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol
ORIGINAL: jeffthewookiee
ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol
Your style, especially "Ambient", reminds me of Jean Michel Jarre...a GOD of the keyboards and electronics.[8D]
I'm not familiar with that artist's music, but I'll have to make sure I become familiar with it! Thanks very much for a favorable comparison.
[X(]Holy Cow! The most prolific artist who began the "New Age" music category back in 1976

. I worked at "Music +" when i was in College so i was exposed to all sorts of things. Jean Michel Jarre "Oxygene"...beautiful music. Released in 1976, he had two susequent albums...all tied in in theme and style. I'm only 44 JeF...you make me feel old[;)]. Btw! I'm a Metal Head by nature

!
Metal eh? You might like the "Lock n' Load" preview on my site.

That's me playing guitar. Will be twice as long by the time I'm finished with it, too.
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:56 pm
by TheHellPatrol
[:D]As the guitar started i had to turn around and look at my Gibson Cherry Flying V...Oh, the good old days[8D]. Nice work...Dave Mustaine would be proud...you do know who Dave Mustaine is right?[X(]....MEGADETH[:'(].
RE: Music Preview
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:58 pm
by jeffthewookiee
ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol
[:D]As the guitar started i had to turn around and look at my Gibson Cherry Flying V...Oh, the good old days[8D]. Nice work...Dave Mustaine would be proud...you do know who Dave Mustaine is right?[X(]....MEGADETH[:'(].
Oh yes, Dave I know

RE: Music Preview
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:02 pm
by TheHellPatrol
ORIGINAL: jeffthewookiee
Oh yes, Dave I know
Hindsight is always 20/20[8D].
FYI: The Hell Patrol was a Judas Priest tune...dubbed upon my buddies & I back in the KNAC(heavy metal radio station) days of moshing

.